Does the true God have a body of flesh and bone?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Revelations won
Sage

Post #1

Post by Revelations won »

According to scripture God and all of us including Christ have a spirit body.

According to the scriptures all of us including Jesus Christ are the literal spirit children of God the father.

According to the New Testament Christs body was crucified and killed. His spirit body however was never dead, for between the death of his physical body his spirit body went unto the spirits in prison and preached repentance unto those who had previously died. This was done before his glorious resurrection.

So do we all including Christ have an immortal body of flesh and bone after our resurrection?

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Does the true God have a body of flesh and bone?

Post #41

Post by onewithhim »

William wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:16 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:11 pm
William wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:20 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #30]
You didn't answer my question.
Yes I did. Your question was "How do you think you will go through eternity? With some kind of body or no body?" and I wrote (as an answer) "Eternity is not something one goes through. Bodies are."
I don't understand your response to my last post.
You don't understand my answer to your question?
No. Could you please elaborate?
Going through something requires an entry and and exit point. We could call these points "beginning" and "end".
Your question "How do you think you will go through eternity?" implies a beginning and an ending, which is why I answered "Eternity is not something one goes through."
Going through something does not require that there is no beginning. Someone can go through something from any point that he entered the situation.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #42

Post by onewithhim »

Capbook wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:26 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:45 am
Capbook wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:36 am Yes. the resurrected Jesus Christ have a body and bone.
He may have had a body of flesh (and we can presume bone) when he was resurrected and rose up into the sky but he certainly did not enter heaven with it.
1 CORINTHIANS 15:50

... flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God
God is a spirit and so is Jesus his Son.

May I let you understand what Clark and Calvin explains it;
In the aspect of man, we must be renewed as we are corrupt, weak and wicked to get to heaven.
In the aspect of Jesus, does Jesus need to be renewed? Can you answer this?
The Bible say the same Jesus go to the heaven and come back.

1 Corinthians 15:50 says;
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

[Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom] This is a Hebrew periphrasis for man, and man in his present state of infirmity and decay. Man, in his present state, cannot inherit the kingdom of God; his nature is not suited to that place; he could not, in his present weak state, endure an exceeding great and eternal weight of glory. Therefore, it is necessary that he should die, or be changed; that he should'have a celestial body suited to the celestial state. The apostle is certainly not speaking of flesh and blood in a moral sense, to signify corruption of mind and heart; but in a nalttral sense; as such, flesh and blood cannot inherit glory, for the reasons already assigned:
(from Adam Clarke's Commentary)

1 Corinthians 15:50
50. Now this I say. This clause intimates, that what follows is explanatory of the foregoing statement.
"What I have said as to bearing the image of the heavenly Adam means this — that we must be renewed in
respect of our bodies, inasmuch as our bodies, being liable to corruption, cannot inherit God's incorruptible
kingdom. Hence there will be no admission for us into the kingdom of Christ, otherwise than by Christ's
renewing us after his own image." Flesh and blood, however, we must understand, according to the condition
in which they at present are, for our flesh will be a participant in the glory of God, but it will be — as renewed
and quickened by the Spirit of Christ.

(from Calvin's Commentaries)
Why would a person have to have a celestial body? We were originally created to have physical bodies and live on the earth forever. People who are raised from death will have physical bodies that are free from corruption and wickedness, because those things are the result of sin, and Jesus paid for our sins. The ones who are changed to spirit bodies are only the ones that will reign with Christ in heaven.

William
Savant

Post #43

Post by William »

onewithhim wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:15 am
William wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:16 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:11 pm
William wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:20 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #30]
You didn't answer my question.
Yes I did. Your question was "How do you think you will go through eternity? With some kind of body or no body?" and I wrote (as an answer) "Eternity is not something one goes through. Bodies are."
I don't understand your response to my last post.
You don't understand my answer to your question?
No. Could you please elaborate?
Going through something requires an entry and and exit point. We could call these points "beginning" and "end".
Your question "How do you think you will go through eternity?" implies a beginning and an ending, which is why I answered "Eternity is not something one goes through."
Going through something does not require that there is no beginning. Someone can go through something from any point that he entered the situation.
The "point one enters" = "The Beginning". Within the scope of eternity - if a mind enters some kind of body, the mind begins to experience whatever that kind of body allows such to experience and a mind can exit said "kind of body" at a later moment and enter some other kind of body.

Even while said mind is in between body changes, it is still embodied within The Creator Mind so overall I would say that is how I think will go along with eternity - Within the infinite Creator Mind.

In light of that I can argue (therefore) I am (we are) always within The Creator Mind and thus always experiencing eternity, always have experienced eternity and always ever will do.
This means that I think the experience of being human is a sojourn where I have (as a mind) tried out said experience for a brief moment of time, within the eternal timelessness.
The Vain Brain is meat headedness having no comprehension of the mind which uses it, refusing to hand over the helm to that mind and refusing to assume its placement as subordinate to the mind. Post #36

Capbook
Scholar

Post #44

Post by Capbook »

onewithhim wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:26 am
Capbook wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:36 am Yes. the resurrected Jesus Christ have a body and bone.
He may have had a body of flesh (and we can presume bone) when he was resurrected and rose up into the sky but he certainly did not enter heaven with it.

In the aspect of man, we must be renewed as we are corrupt, weak and wicked to get to heaven.

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

[Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom] This is a Hebrew periphrasis for man, and man in his present state of infirmity and decay. Man, in his present state, cannot inherit the kingdom of God; his nature is not suited to that place; he could not, in his present weak state, endure an exceeding great and eternal weight of glory. Therefore, it is necessary that he should die, or be changed; that he should'have a celestial body suited to the celestial state. The apostle is certainly not speaking of flesh and blood in a moral sense, to signify corruption of mind and heart; but in a nalttral sense; as such, flesh and blood cannot inherit glory, for the reasons already assigned:

50. Now this I say. This clause intimates, that what follows is explanatory of the foregoing statement.
"What I have said as to bearing the image of the heavenly Adam means this — that we must be renewed in
respect of our bodies, inasmuch as our bodies, being liable to corruption, cannot inherit God's incorruptible
kingdom. Hence there will be no admission for us into the kingdom of Christ, otherwise than by Christ's
renewing us after his own image." Flesh and blood, however, we must understand, according to the condition
in which they at present are, for our flesh will be a participant in the glory of God, but it will be — as renewed

Why would a person have to have a celestial body? We were originally created to have physical bodies and live on the earth forever. People who are raised from death will have physical bodies that are free from corruption and wickedness, because those things are the result of sin, and Jesus paid for our sins. The ones who are changed to spirit bodies are only the ones that will reign with Christ in heaven.
May I know what verse that says we changed to spirit bodies?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #45

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Capbook wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:34 am May I know what verse that says we changed to spirit bodies?
May I know what verse says for our flesh will be a participant in the glory of God?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Capbook
Scholar

Post #46

Post by Capbook »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:57 am
Capbook wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:34 am May I know what verse that says we changed to spirit bodies?
May I know what verse says for our flesh will be a participant in the glory of God?
Can you give me the verse?
The question of this thread is,"So do we all including Christ have an immortal body of flesh and bone after our resurrection?"

I would believe Jesus is, as the verse says the same Jesus.
Acts 1:11 "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."(NIV)

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #47

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Capbook wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:12 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:57 am May I know what verse says for our flesh will be a participant in the glory of God?

Acts 1:11 "Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."(NIV)
That doesnt say " for our flesh will be a participant in the glory of God"
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

onewithhim
Savant

Post #48

Post by onewithhim »

Capbook wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:34 am
onewithhim wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:26 am

May I know what verse that says we changed to spirit bodies?
I Corinthians 15: 44,50-52

But this is for those who will reign with Christ in heaven. The ones who will abide on the earth will not change to spirit bodies.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #49

Post by onewithhim »

The question of this thread is,"So do we all including Christ have an immortal body of flesh and bone after our resurrection?"

You may remember that the clouds took him out of the disciples' sight. That is how he will come back----invisibly to the naked eye. He took on a spirit body when he was resurrected, and appeared to people by taking on a physical body so they could see him, and then reverted back to his spiritual body, just like the angels who appeared to Abraham and Lot did.

Capbook
Scholar

Post #50

Post by Capbook »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:41 pm

You may remember that the clouds took him out of the disciples' sight. That is how he will come back----invisibly to the naked eye. He took on a spirit body when he was resurrected, and appeared to people by taking on a physical body so they could see him, and then reverted back to his spiritual body, just like the angels who appeared to Abraham and Lot did.
When Jesus comes the second time with angels, do you mean for all to see them they will be in physical body?