Is the Real "god" of the Bible.....Satan?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Ooberman
Banned
Banned

Re: Is the Real "god" of the Bible.....Satan?

Post #91

Post by Ooberman »

EDNAR wrote:
Have you the “RED-LETTERED� words in the bible? Do you?
Do you understand Luke 14:26? Do you?
Did you read verses #16 thru 24? Then #26 thru 27? Did you?
CONTEXTUALIZE.
Would you want me to explain this to you? Please, no.

Isn’t a murderer in conflict with one of the 10 Commandments of: “THOU SHALT NOT KILL�? Yes, but I was talking about slavery. Nice way to ignore the issue.
How has a murderer any chance in the Kingdom of heaven? I was talking about slavery. you are changing the subject.
Tit 1:15 To the pure all things are pure, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but even their mind and conscience are defiled.
Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Galatians 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Galatians 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
God calls NO ONE SLAVES in the bible. Then it is s stupid book.
But what of those who have “slaves� & accept the words of God?
Ephesians 6:5 Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

6:6 Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;

6:7 With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men:

6:8 Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.

6:9 And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him.

So, slaves should obey other men as they would obey Christ?

Ooberman, you wrote;

[[Did Jesus also teach that not one jot or tittle of the OT should be ignored? Including:

" When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment." Exodus 21:7-11 ]]

The Jewish high priests ignored the Mosaic & Abrahamic laws & is why Jesus kicked their money managers out of the SYNOGOGUE & called them “vipers�!
Like Jim Jones, they(Sanhedrin) abused their privileges & perverted themselves by taking advantage of their positions.
Jesus brings us back to focus on the truth & is why He came to expose the evils of the world.
John 7:7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

The entire Old testament was written for the Jews.
Yet …
Jesus NEVER ONCE obeyed the commands of Satan, in every case HE Quoted Old Testament saying, ''IT IS WRITTEN'' … quoting from the Old Testament!
Thereby refuting Satan.
Satan QUOTES the bible -- the Tanakh -- to Jesus. Satan exists?
Does Jesus tell him he's quoting from a corrupted Tanakh? Who cares?
Does Jesus give ANY indication this bible has not been preserved in every way God promises in Isaiah 40:8?
No.
What does He do instead?
JESUS quotes from the Torah Himself!! Wow... that is so unimpressive,.
HE DEFEATS SATAN BY SPEAKING GOD'S WORD!!!

It was Satan who tried to twist what the Tanakh was saying.
Satan took God's Word twisted it & attempted to make it say something it didn't.
Jesus stood on the Word -- "IT IS WRITTEN" -- which is different from, "It USED to be written before it became corrupted, but ..."
"IT IS WRITTEN!"
From the very beginning, our enemy has had the same exact mode of operation; "God didn't say...." and "what God ACTUALLY said was....."
Satans “fruit� are lies & deception

Ooberman, you wrote;
[[Quote:
2) Are we talking about "WORDS" ... again?

No, we are talking about your claim there are personal revelations of people all over the world; that people have experienced the "truth" of God in revelation.]]

No. We are talking about the words from Jesus.
This has not changed.
You are trying very diligently to change the dramatics, tho.

Again, Ooberman …

Bring me any proof Jesus had errors, lies or contradictions in His words from the bible.

You can find my quotes mixed in with yours. Until you learn the quote function, this is a waste of my time. And, personally, i think your views are horrible.
Thinking about God's opinions and thinking about your own opinions uses an identical thought process. - Tomas Rees

EDNAR
Apprentice

Post #92

Post by EDNAR »

[Replying to post 90 by Danmark]

DANMARK;

Sorry, I retract nothing I have posted.

To you & your colleagues here ...

please by all means explain to me the meaning of Luke 4:8

Ooberman
Banned
Banned

Post #93

Post by Ooberman »

EDNAR wrote: [Replying to post 90 by Danmark]

DANMARK;

Sorry, I retract nothing I have posted.

To you & your colleagues here ...

please by all means explain to me the meaning of Luke 4:8
Does it mean this:
"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ."

"Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ."

So, which is it?
Thinking about God's opinions and thinking about your own opinions uses an identical thought process. - Tomas Rees

EDNAR
Apprentice

Post #94

Post by EDNAR »

[Replying to post 93 by Ooberman]

Ooberman, you wrote;
[[Does it mean this:
"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ."

"Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ."

So, which is it?]]

The slave of a man who has never had our Lord Jesus as a Saviour is still a slave under man’s law … give to Ceasar what is Ceasar’s … remember?

But the owner of this ‘slave’ does not own his soul.

The slave can still be respectful & God will continue to look out for you as God did for Joseph when he was imprisoned for refusing the advances of Potifer’s wife!

We are told, however, NOT TO BE SLAVES B/C OUR GOD IS A GOD OF LIBERTY!

Sarah, the free woman, is our MATRIARCH!

2 Cor 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: & where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
1 Cor 7:21 Art thou called being a servant? care not for it: but if thou mayest be made free, use it rather.

7:22 For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ's servant.

7:23 Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men.
John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

Ooberman, you wrote;

[[Thinking about God's opinions and thinking about your own opinions uses an identical thought process. - Tomas Rees]]

This is in conflict to what God says in the bible. Tomas is dead.

Jeremiah 17:5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man

Isa 55:8 For my thoughts [are] not your thoughts, neither [are] your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Ooberman, tell me … interpret John 15:18-19 for me.

EDNAR
Apprentice

Post #95

Post by EDNAR »

[Replying to post 28 by Zzyzx]

Zzyzx,

DANMARK has challenged to ask anyone of you a question from the bible.

But only to those who say they read the bible ... have you?

If so, here is the question .. if not, then forget it.

Was God really get tired after six days of creating ...
when HE RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY?

Please give me your interpretation, if you would be so kind.

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #96

Post by Zzyzx »

EDNAR wrote: Was God really get tired after six days of creating ...
I read from the bible occasionally and am familiar with the Genesis 2:2 account. However, I have no opinion regarding "god" resting. The tale appears to be fictional or imaginary – and I do not speculate about actions of fictional characters.

Even in fiction or imagination it seems inconsistent to claim that a supernatural that is supposedly omnipotent would tire. Of course, "god" is credited with many human emotions and characteristics.

If such a being exists it is beyond human comprehension so any claim of knowledge and understanding is suspect in my opinion.

I hope this helps. It is the best answer I can give.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #97

Post by Danmark »

EDNAR wrote: [Replying to post 28 by Zzyzx]

Zzyzx,

DANMARK has challenged to ask anyone of you a question from the bible.

But only to those who say they read the bible ... have you?

If so, here is the question .. if not, then forget it.

Was God really get tired after six days of creating ...

Please give me your interpretation, if you would be so kind.
There is nothing in Genesis 2:1-3 to suggest God was tired.
Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation.
This creation myth says God 'rested' after all his work was done. This does not mean he was 'tired' or needed to rest. As an all powerful God he could have done everything in one day, or one second for that matter. But the scripture cannot help but be a bit anthropomorphic and attribute human characteristics to God.

That's the meaning of the passage. Whether there is even the tiniest bit of truth to this myth is an entirely different matter.

BTW, my challenge was that you choose a passage attributed to Jesus, for its interpretation.

Ooberman
Banned
Banned

Post #98

Post by Ooberman »

EDNAR wrote: The slave can still be respectful ...
This says it all to me. What a horrible mentality.

This, and rape victims having to marry their rapist are what make Christianity such a horrible religion.

And, worse, these poor victims are supposed to love their enemies while they are being raped and beaten.

And Christians have no shame of this?

EDNAR
Apprentice

Post #99

Post by EDNAR »

[Replying to post 96 by Zzyzx]

Zzyzx,

Good, response!
Thank you.

Heretic Gal
Site Supporter

Post #100

Post by Heretic Gal »

EDNAR wrote: [Replying to post 93 by Ooberman]
Sarah, the free woman, is our MATRIARCH!
Sarah, the woman who forced her slave Hagar to have intercourse with her husband Abraham because she couldn't get pregnant herself? Then got jealous and kicked Hagar and her son Ishmael out into the desert? That Sarah?

Thanks, she can be your matriarch if you like; I don't particularly care for her.