Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
JoeyKnothead
First Post
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:01 pm  Jews as a Race? Reply with quote

I know I'm gonna sound racist here, that is most certainly NOT my intent, but dangitall I can't put this together in a better fashion...

In another thread I see that Jewish folks don't consider themselves a race. As Judaism is a theology / philosophy, it may include folks as diverse as humanity itself, on that there can be no argument.

What I wonder though, is the deal where a person born to a Jewish mother is considered Jewish. Doesn't this imply a race?

I realize Wikipedia is not the be all and end all here, but I searched it for "Jewish Race" specifically, and was redirected to...
Wikipedia: Jews wrote:

The Jews (Hebrew: יְהוּדִים‎ "Yehudim" IPA: jɛhuːdiːm), also known as the Jewish people, are a nation and ethnoreligious group originating in the Israelites or Hebrews of the Ancient Near East. The Jewish ethnicity, nationality, and religion are strongly interrelated, as Judaism is the traditional faith of the Jewish nation.[6][7][8] Converts to Judaism, whose status as Jews within the Jewish ethnos is equal to those born into it, have been absorbed into the Jewish people throughout the millennia.

Doesn't "ethnoreligious" indicate such as "Some Jews are of a race", while leaving open the fact that some Jewish members are of other races?

I swear I don't mean to be insulting, but I think of some of the physical stereotypes ('characters' in biology speak), and let's be real, there is some small inkling that we could identify a person as "jewish" (small 'j' to remove religion/philosophy) by some of these physical stereotypes (agreeing that it's not 100% accurate or even close to it). Is this where we differentiate between Jew, and Hebrew? I really don't know, so please don't hate on me.

Is there a particular issue with considering at least some Jews as being of a Jewish race - especially where there is no nefarious intent?

Again, I'm sorry if I come across as racist, and hopefully this discussion can be enlightening to myself and others.
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 31: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:26 am
Reply

Like this post
Peaceful greetings to all

Firstly
cnorman 18 reply
Post 25: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:02 am Post subject:

faroukfarouk wrote:
Greetings to all My humble apologies Charles if my questioning has caused you any grief.Please take it with a pinch of salt..My agenda is to reveal the truth.The truth hurts and is very difficult to stomach.The truth can cause a lot of pain in some tummies and in others it creates cramps.At the end of the day the truth is what we seek in answering the question of Are Jews a Race?
I have no idea why you think anything you have posted here would cause me any "grief." I see nothing to disagree with, since your references prove beyond doubt that Jews are not a "race." That's a plain fact, and I don't know why anyone would think otherwise. The subject is not controversial. Quote:
For the record I copied and pasted those questions from RightKnowledge999 postings and I did mention that these simple questions have to be answered.Evading these questions means hiding the truth and the truth must be exposed.I don’t know the reason why RightKnowledge999 was banned?But if he was banned for asking those intelligent questions then frankly the object of this forum is destroyed because debate and dialogue is the only way to expose the truth.
RightKnowledge999 was banned for repeatedly breaking the rules of this forum; specifically, engaging in personal attacks directed at other members and publicly disputing the rulings of the moderators. He also consistently displayed a distinctly uncivil and even contemptuous attitude toward other members who disagreed with him. You can go to the "Probation" subforum, scroll down, and see links to the offending posts for yourself. Quote:
Those intelligent questions if answered truthfully will eventually answer the main question ARE JEWS A RACE? So far as my English language is concerned you are correct its not my language.Please bear with me if I make mistakes. Taken note that you mentioned that there is no real need for me to give my own answers.Why?Are we to swallow everything you say as the truth or maybe you afraid that I may expose the truth.The answers that you have given are simply opinion based irrespective of its source and as such they are open to debate. Note I am in no mood of mud slinging so I will get direct to the subject. Your Quote: The Jews (Hebrew: יְהוּדִים‎‎, Yehudim Israeli pronunciation [jehuˈdim]), also known as the Jewish people, are a nation and an ethnoreligious group, originating in the Israelites or Hebrews of the Ancient Near East. The Jewish ethnicity, nationality, and religion are strongly interrelated, as Judaism is the traditional faith of the Jewish nation. Converts to Judaism, whose status as Jews within the Jewish ethnos is equal to those born into it, have been absorbed into the Jewish people throughout the millennia. Is the above true or false?Its definitely 100% flawed and false because it does not include Jews outside the religion of Judaism.I know many Jews that are either atheists or they belong to other religions and that is a fact.
"100% flawed and false" is a bit much. If you had bothered to go to the link and read farther down in the article (or read any of a couple of hundred of my own posts on this forum), you would find that fact acknowledged. To self-identify as a Jew does not require the practice of the Jewish religion. Quote:
Take note no matter where your source of info comes from its open for debate because its opinion based and as such it could be false.
I have found that to be especially true of those who presume to make pronouncements about what The Truth is, and particularly so when they are speaking with a specific agenda in mind. Just an observation. Quote:
lets take the subject further. What is the definition of a Jew in Judaic law? Origins of the Word Jew. The original name for the people we now call Jews was Hebrews. The word "Hebrew" is first used in the Torah to describe Abraham (Gen. 14:13). The word is apparently derived from the name Eber, one of Abraham's ancestors. Another tradition teaches that the word comes from the word "ever," which means "the other side," referring to the fact that Abraham came from the other side of the Euphrates, or referring to the fact Abraham was separated from the other nations morally and spiritually. Another name used for the people is Children of Israel or Israelites, which refers to the fact that the people are descendants of Jacob, who was also called Israel. The word "Jew" (in Hebrew, "Yehudi") is derived from the name Judah, which was the name of one of Jacob's twelve sons. Judah was the ancestor of one of the tribes of Israel, which was named after him. Likewise, the word Judaism literally means "Judah-ism," that is, the religion of the Yehudim. Other sources, however, say that the word "Yehudim" means "People of God". Originally, the term Yehudi (Jew)referred specifically to members of the tribe of Judah, as distinguished from the other tribes of Israel. However, after the death of King Solomon, the nation was split into two kingdoms: the kingdom of Judah and the kingdom of Israel (I Kings 12; II Chronicles 10). After that time, the word Yehudi could properly be used to describe anyone from the kingdom of Judah, which included the tribes of Judah, Benjamin and Levi, as well as scattered settlements from other tribes. The most obvious biblical example of this usage is in Esther 2:5, where Mordecai is referred to as both a Yehudi and a member of the tribe of Benjamin. In the 6the century B.C.E., the kingdom was conquered by Assyria and the ten tribes were exiled from the land (II Kings 17), leaving only the tribes in the kingdom of Judah remaining to carry on Abraham's heritage. These people of the kingdom of Judah were generally known to themselves and to other nations as Yehudim (Jews), and that name continues to be used today.
Note the bolding. Quote:
In common speech, the word "Jew" is used to refer to all of the physical and spiritual descendants of Jacob/Israel, as well as to the patriarchs Abraham and Isaac and their wives, and the word "Judaism" is used to refer to their beliefs. Who is a Jew? A Jew is any person whose mother was a Jew or any person who has gone through the formal process of conversion to Judaism. It is important to note that being a Jew has nothing to do with what you believe or what you do. A person born to non-Jewish parents who has not undergone the formal process of conversion but who believes everything that Orthodox Jews believe and observes every law and custom of Judaism is still a non-Jew, even in the eyes of the most liberal movements of Judaism, and a person born to a Jewish mother who is an atheist and never practices the Jewish religion is still a Jew, even in the eyes of the ultra-Orthodox. What is the definition of a Race?· 1.A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
Obviously not true of Jews. There are white European Jews, black African Jews, ethnically Japanese, Chinese and East Indian Jews, and Jews of every actual "race" on this planet. Quote:
2.A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution..
Likewise not true of Jews. There are Jews who are citizens of virtually all the countries in the world. Quote:
3. A genealogical line; a lineage.
Since Jews have accepted converts as full members of the community since the time of Abraham himself, and since my own ancestry is Celtic, that is obviously not true of Jews either. Quote:
4.Humans considered as a group.
Jews are definitely members of the HUMAN race. Otherwise, the term "race" does not apply. Quote:
Are Jews a Race? The true facts are in front of you..Use your God given intelligence and decide for yourself.
From all you have posted here (with which I have no argument), it seems very clear indeed that Jews are not a race. Thanks.

Its is very clear proof, i have put in red writing, of what was accepted with no argument.
You ought to read what you write.
This is called subterfuge.

More rebuttals to ff.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 32: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:59 am
Reply

Like this post
faroukfarouk wrote:

Peaceful greetings to all

Firstly
cnorman 18 reply
Post 25: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:02 am Post subject:

faroukfarouk wrote:
Greetings to all My humble apologies Charles if my questioning has caused you any grief.Please take it with a pinch of salt..My agenda is to reveal the truth.The truth hurts and is very difficult to stomach.The truth can cause a lot of pain in some tummies and in others it creates cramps.At the end of the day the truth is what we seek in answering the question of Are Jews a Race?
I have no idea why you think anything you have posted here would cause me any "grief." I see nothing to disagree with, since your references prove beyond doubt that Jews are not a "race." That's a plain fact, and I don't know why anyone would think otherwise. The subject is not controversial. Quote:
For the record I copied and pasted those questions from RightKnowledge999 postings and I did mention that these simple questions have to be answered.Evading these questions means hiding the truth and the truth must be exposed.I don’t know the reason why RightKnowledge999 was banned?But if he was banned for asking those intelligent questions then frankly the object of this forum is destroyed because debate and dialogue is the only way to expose the truth.
RightKnowledge999 was banned for repeatedly breaking the rules of this forum; specifically, engaging in personal attacks directed at other members and publicly disputing the rulings of the moderators. He also consistently displayed a distinctly uncivil and even contemptuous attitude toward other members who disagreed with him. You can go to the "Probation" subforum, scroll down, and see links to the offending posts for yourself. Quote:
Those intelligent questions if answered truthfully will eventually answer the main question ARE JEWS A RACE? So far as my English language is concerned you are correct its not my language.Please bear with me if I make mistakes. Taken note that you mentioned that there is no real need for me to give my own answers.Why?Are we to swallow everything you say as the truth or maybe you afraid that I may expose the truth.The answers that you have given are simply opinion based irrespective of its source and as such they are open to debate. Note I am in no mood of mud slinging so I will get direct to the subject. Your Quote: The Jews (Hebrew: יְהוּדִים‎‎, Yehudim Israeli pronunciation [jehuˈdim]), also known as the Jewish people, are a nation and an ethnoreligious group, originating in the Israelites or Hebrews of the Ancient Near East. The Jewish ethnicity, nationality, and religion are strongly interrelated, as Judaism is the traditional faith of the Jewish nation. Converts to Judaism, whose status as Jews within the Jewish ethnos is equal to those born into it, have been absorbed into the Jewish people throughout the millennia. Is the above true or false?Its definitely 100% flawed and false because it does not include Jews outside the religion of Judaism.I know many Jews that are either atheists or they belong to other religions and that is a fact.
"100% flawed and false" is a bit much. If you had bothered to go to the link and read farther down in the article (or read any of a couple of hundred of my own posts on this forum), you would find that fact acknowledged. To self-identify as a Jew does not require the practice of the Jewish religion. Quote:
Take note no matter where your source of info comes from its open for debate because its opinion based and as such it could be false.
I have found that to be especially true of those who presume to make pronouncements about what The Truth is, and particularly so when they are speaking with a specific agenda in mind. Just an observation. Quote:
lets take the subject further. What is the definition of a Jew in Judaic law? Origins of the Word Jew. The original name for the people we now call Jews was Hebrews. The word "Hebrew" is first used in the Torah to describe Abraham (Gen. 14:13). The word is apparently derived from the name Eber, one of Abraham's ancestors. Another tradition teaches that the word comes from the word "ever," which means "the other side," referring to the fact that Abraham came from the other side of the Euphrates, or referring to the fact Abraham was separated from the other nations morally and spiritually. Another name used for the people is Children of Israel or Israelites, which refers to the fact that the people are descendants of Jacob, who was also called Israel. The word "Jew" (in Hebrew, "Yehudi") is derived from the name Judah, which was the name of one of Jacob's twelve sons. Judah was the ancestor of one of the tribes of Israel, which was named after him. Likewise, the word Judaism literally means "Judah-ism," that is, the religion of the Yehudim. Other sources, however, say that the word "Yehudim" means "People of God". Originally, the term Yehudi (Jew)referred specifically to members of the tribe of Judah, as distinguished from the other tribes of Israel. However, after the death of King Solomon, the nation was split into two kingdoms: the kingdom of Judah and the kingdom of Israel (I Kings 12; II Chronicles 10). After that time, the word Yehudi could properly be used to describe anyone from the kingdom of Judah, which included the tribes of Judah, Benjamin and Levi, as well as scattered settlements from other tribes. The most obvious biblical example of this usage is in Esther 2:5, where Mordecai is referred to as both a Yehudi and a member of the tribe of Benjamin. In the 6the century B.C.E., the kingdom was conquered by Assyria and the ten tribes were exiled from the land (II Kings 17), leaving only the tribes in the kingdom of Judah remaining to carry on Abraham's heritage. These people of the kingdom of Judah were generally known to themselves and to other nations as Yehudim (Jews), and that name continues to be used today.
Note the bolding. Quote:
In common speech, the word "Jew" is used to refer to all of the physical and spiritual descendants of Jacob/Israel, as well as to the patriarchs Abraham and Isaac and their wives, and the word "Judaism" is used to refer to their beliefs. Who is a Jew? A Jew is any person whose mother was a Jew or any person who has gone through the formal process of conversion to Judaism. It is important to note that being a Jew has nothing to do with what you believe or what you do. A person born to non-Jewish parents who has not undergone the formal process of conversion but who believes everything that Orthodox Jews believe and observes every law and custom of Judaism is still a non-Jew, even in the eyes of the most liberal movements of Judaism, and a person born to a Jewish mother who is an atheist and never practices the Jewish religion is still a Jew, even in the eyes of the ultra-Orthodox. What is the definition of a Race?· 1.A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
Obviously not true of Jews. There are white European Jews, black African Jews, ethnically Japanese, Chinese and East Indian Jews, and Jews of every actual "race" on this planet. Quote:
2.A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution..
Likewise not true of Jews. There are Jews who are citizens of virtually all the countries in the world. Quote:
3. A genealogical line; a lineage.
Since Jews have accepted converts as full members of the community since the time of Abraham himself, and since my own ancestry is Celtic, that is obviously not true of Jews either. Quote:
4.Humans considered as a group.
Jews are definitely members of the HUMAN race. Otherwise, the term "race" does not apply. Quote:
Are Jews a Race? The true facts are in front of you..Use your God given intelligence and decide for yourself.
From all you have posted here (with which I have no argument), it seems very clear indeed that Jews are not a race. Thanks.

Its is very clear proof, i have put in red writing, of what was accepted with no argument.
You ought to read what you write.
This is called subterfuge.

More rebuttals to ff.


So you have seized on one sentence of your own, which was very clearly NOT among the things with which I had "no argument," and are clinging to that -- while ignoring everything else I have said, and in fact everything else YOU have posted???

I clarified a post or two later: "I agreed with the material you posted, which was entirely factual; I did NOT agree with the conclusions YOU apparently drew from it, including your supposed “definition of a Jew,” which entailed ignoring much of that very material which contradicts it directly." That would obviously include your ridiculous statement that "being a Jew has nothing to do with what you believe or what you do," which I have explicitly disproved more than once since.

This is silly. Do you have anything else to say, other than claiming that I have said things that I have explicitly denied saying? That appears to be all you have.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 33: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:01 am
Reply

Like this post
Peaceful greetings to all.
Charles
First.
Your refusal in accepting an error on your part, which is proven without any reasonable doubt, suggest who you really are and your agenda so far as the truth is concerned.You can twist and mince words but the truth will eventually prevail.

Second
Your statement.
“Sorry, but that’s no better. “Most blacks are criminals” is no better than “all blacks are criminals.””

This is a racist remark on blacks.Stop being a racist we are discussing Jews And not blacks.(shame on you).

Third
Your statement
“Perhaps you should get used to your claims and pronouncements being ignored as being of no importance. To give an obvious analogy, why would a Muslim accept the opinion of a non-Muslim about the nature of Islam and what “Muslim” means as definitive and correct over the teachings and traditions of his own religion? If I were to begin making pronouncements about Islam and the character and teachings of Muslims, would you bow down to me and accept them?”

This thread has nothing to discuss on Muslims,non-muslims,Islam or any other religion.The discussion is on ARE JEWS A RACE?Stick to the topic and stop those deviatiting tactics.If you wish to discuss other religions then you most welcome to discuss it in the apporiate thread.Who knows you will meet your match.

Fourth
Your statement
“Rather confidently spoken from one who admits that he is unfamiliar with the English language”.

That is a lie.I never said I am unfamiliar with the English language.You made an assumption that English was not my first language.My reply was its not my language and weather you like it or not thats a true fact.You don’t have to speak or write a particular language for it to become your first language.

Fifth
Your statement
“Mindreading again. Let me warn YOU: I have very little patience for that sort of thing”.

What is the problem?Sounds like a threat or more like the heat is getting intense.

Six
Your statement
“I’d be very interested to see YOUR explanation of the Talmud”

I accept that challenge but not in this thread.Will open a new topic by next month.(God Willing)

Finally
I am shocked and surprised that the moderators of this forum have not taken you to task.
Your uncivil, disrespectful and provoking behavior is hampering me from posting on the subject matter.If you continue with such behavior then I will have no alternative but to put you on my ignore list.
Please stop those childish mudslinging so that I can concentrate with the subject Are Jews a Race?

Back to the subject.
Are the words Jewish Religion be interrelated?
Your answer to this question lies in the Hebrew Bible.
Judaism is a religion and not a nationality.
Jew or Jewish is a nationality and can never be a religion.
Will continue this subject later.

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 34: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:31 am
Reply

Like this post
Moderator Comment

faroukfarouk wrote:
I am shocked and surprised that the moderators of this forum have not taken you to task.

The moderators cannot read every post on every thread. If you feel the rules are being violated, please report the offending post.
Further, please avoid commenting on what the moderators 'should' have done. If you have any issues regarding the moderation of the forum, please PM one or more of us.

faroukfarouk wrote:
Your uncivil, disrespectful and provoking behavior[,..]
Please stop those childish mudslinging [...]
[...] (shame on you)

These are personal comments and not productive to the debate. As you are quite new to this forum, I am inclined to be lenient, and will simply advise that you be courteous when at all possible, and to report any posts you feel are breaking the rules.

Debate can be a heated activity, so I'd urge all parties to try to be calm and civil where possible.

Please review the Rules.


______________

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster.







Edited by AkiThePirate for atrocious spelling.


Last edited by LiamOS on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:49 am; edited 2 times in total

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 35: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:32 am
Reply

Like this post
faroukfarouk wrote:

Peaceful greetings to all.
Charles
First.
Your refusal in accepting an error on your part, which is proven without any reasonable doubt, suggest who you really are and your agenda so far as the truth is concerned.You can twist and mince words but the truth will eventually prevail.

This is nonsense, of course. If it pleases you, then I shall admit that I erred when I first responded by not SPECIFYING that I “had no argument” with ONLY the material that you posted FROM OTHER SOURCES. That seems rather silly, since I was very quick to point out, repeatedly and unequivocally, that I DID have an argument with your CONCLUSIONS -- and I DID specify those, and argued against them directly. You keep harping on this, as if you’re going to somehow prove that I said things that I did not say and in fact have argued against, without bothering to address my actual arguments -- as if you can make them all magically disappear that way.

Please explicate “who I really am” and what “my agenda” is. You make a lot of accusations in this post; please explain what you mean and give your evidence for them.
Quote:

Second
Your statement.
“Sorry, but that’s no better. “Most blacks are criminals” is no better than “all blacks are criminals.””

This is a racist remark on blacks.Stop being a racist we are discussing Jews And not blacks.(shame on you).

That was what is called an “analogy.” Do you know what an “analogy” is?

You said, quote, “...all Jews have the same concern when it comes to questioning their beliefs are concerned.” I called you on that since it was an obvious appeal to stereotype; and you APOLOGIZED and corrected it to “MOST Jews.” I am pointing out that that is no better. That’s all. Pretending that I was seriously making either of those statements about blacks is fatuous and obviously false.
Quote:

Third
Your statement
“Perhaps you should get used to your claims and pronouncements being ignored as being of no importance. To give an obvious analogy, why would a Muslim accept the opinion of a non-Muslim about the nature of Islam and what “Muslim” means as definitive and correct over the teachings and traditions of his own religion? If I were to begin making pronouncements about Islam and the character and teachings of Muslims, would you bow down to me and accept them?”

This thread has nothing to discuss on Muslims,non-muslims,Islam or any other religion.The discussion is on ARE JEWS A RACE?Stick to the topic and stop those deviatiting tactics.If you wish to discuss other religions then you most welcome to discuss it in the apporiate thread.Who knows you will meet your match.

Again, you are apparently unfamiliar with the concept of “analogy.” Why would Jews accept the pronouncement of a non-Jew about the Jewish religion? Do Muslims accept the pronouncements of non-Muslims about Islam? It’s a perfectly proper, sensible and on-point question.

If you want to discuss the question, “ARE JEWS A RACE?” then do so. I have posted at least half a dozen arguments showing, FROM YOUR OWN POSTS, that we are NOT a “race.” You have not yet answered any of them.
Quote:

Fourth
Your statement
“Rather confidently spoken from one who admits that he is unfamiliar with the English language”.

That is a lie.I never said I am unfamiliar with the English language.You made an assumption that English was not my first language.My reply was its not my language and weather you like it or not thats a true fact.You don’t have to speak or write a particular language for it to become your first language.

My apologies. But the fact is, besides apparently not knowing what an "analogy" is, you have made several statements showing that you do not understand, or else deny, the commonly accepted meanings of the words “Jew” and “Jewish” in English. Either you don’t really understand the language, or you are trying to “twist and mince words” and give that word a different meaning than the one it clearly has now. I thought it more civil to attribute that to unfamiliarity with the language rather than to deliberate deception.
Quote:

Fifth
Your statement
“Mindreading again. Let me warn YOU: I have very little patience for that sort of thing”.

What is the problem?Sounds like a threat or more like the heat is getting intense.

You are claiming to know the motivations for what I am posting here: “...you want to evade the question of weather Jews are a Race,” and similar claims. How else would you know what is in my mind, if you are not claiming to be able to read it?

Further, how is that a “threat”? When I say, “I have very little patience for that sort of thing,” what is it exactly that you think I am “threatening”? My only meaning is that I shall call out those ludicrous claims where they occur, and I will not take them seriously. What ELSE have you magically read in my mind and think I am “threatening” to do?

There is no “heat.” You haven’t answered a single one of my arguments yet; you’ve only posted accusations and phony claims about my “agenda” and tried to prove that I’ve said things which I clearly had no intention of saying.
Quote:

Six
Your statement
“I’d be very interested to see YOUR explanation of the Talmud”

I accept that challenge but not in this thread.Will open a new topic by next month.(God Willing)

I can’t wait. Truly. I’m sure it will be VERY illuminating for all of us.
Quote:

Finally
I am shocked and surprised that the moderators of this forum have not taken you to task.

The moderators rarely take action until a post is reported. Feel free. You’ll find a small exclamation point in the upper right corner of all my posts. Click on that, specify a reason for reporting my post, then explain why you think my post is against the rules.
Quote:

Your uncivil, disrespectful and provoking behavior is hampering me from posting on the subject matter.If you continue with such behavior then I will have no alternative but to put you on my ignore list.
Please stop those childish mudslinging so that I can concentrate with the subject Are Jews a Race?

Please post any quotes of my words which you find to be “uncivil, disrespectful and provoking” or “childish mudslinging.” You have made an accusation; let's see your evidence for it.

I have politely answered all your questions, and in the process showed how and why Jews are NOT a race from the material that you yourself have posted. I am not “hampering” you from posting anything you like -- like, for instance, some actual arguments to counter my own -- which we have not yet seen -- as opposed to picking and choosing a few lines in my posts which you then try to use to attack me and thus avoid doing so.
Quote:

Back to the subject.
Are the words Jewish Religion be interrelated?
Your answer to this question lies in the Hebrew Bible.
Judaism is a religion and not a nationality.
Jew or Jewish is a nationality and can never be a religion.

Then why is “Judaism” universally defined as “the Jewish religion” or “the religion of Jews”?

How can “Jew” be a “nationality” when there are Jews who are citizens of virtually every nation on Earth?

And, yet AGAIN -- Is it possible to change one’s “race”? If so, how? If not, how can Jews be a “race” when converts are accepted as being as fully Jewish as any born Jew, and have been since the very beginning? I have asked this question several times now, and you have not yet even acknowledged that it has been asked, let alone answered it.
Quote:

Will continue this subject later.

If you can ever stop attacking me and trying to prove that I’ve said things that I clearly have never said, perhaps we can. I look forward to it -- if you ever get around to actually answering my arguments.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 36: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:53 am
Reply

Like this post
To quote that beloved Jewish philosopher (race unknown) Tevye: "Tradition!"

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 37: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:48 am
Reply

Like this post
Jayhawker Soule wrote:

To quote that beloved Jewish philosopher (race unknown) Tevye: "Tradition!"

Indeed. It has often been said that Judaism IS tradition.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 38: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:48 pm
Reply

Like this post
cnorman18 wrote:

Jayhawker Soule wrote:

To quote that beloved Jewish philosopher (race unknown) Tevye: "Tradition!"

Indeed. It has often been said that Judaism IS tradition.

Or, as a wonderful Rabbi once taught: "A jew is a person who lives in Jewish Myth and in whom Jewish Myth lives."

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 39: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:06 pm
Reply

Like this post
Jayhawker Soule wrote:

cnorman18 wrote:

Jayhawker Soule wrote:

To quote that beloved Jewish philosopher (race unknown) Tevye: "Tradition!"

Indeed. It has often been said that Judaism IS tradition.

Or, as a wonderful Rabbi once taught: "A jew is a person who lives in Jewish Myth and in whom Jewish Myth lives."

Very nice. I like that -- but it's not helpful for those who define "Myth" as merely "made-up story without meaning or significance."

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 40: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:39 am
Reply

Like this post
Peaceful greetings to all.
Firstly
I thank you for admitting to you error.It really pleases me.
Secondly.
Your apology, regarding my English language, is accepted.

It takes a man to admit to an error and apologize for his mistakes.

Back to the subject.
The word Judaism is the name of a religion.
Judaism is derived from the word Judah(name of a place) and –ism is a suffix added to the end of a word to indicate that the word represents a specific practice, system, or philosophy.Hence we get the word Juda-ism(Judaism) name of a religion. Often these practices, systems, or philosophies are political ideologies or artistic movements. Using –ism at the end of a word also suggests the word is related to a belief accepted as an authority by a group or school of thought.

Charles
1.Do you agree with all the above?
2..Does the word “Judaism” appear in the Hebrew Scriptures or in the Talmud?
3.If your answer is yes provide us with concrete proof.
4.If your answer is no then who invented “Judaism” as a religion?

Goto top, bottom
View user's profile 
Display posts from previous:   

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

 




On The Web | Ecodia | Hymn Lyrics Apps
Facebook | Twitter

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.   Produced by Ecodia.

Igloo   |  Lo-Fi Version