Was Jesus a false prophet?

To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

Goose

Post #1

Post by Goose »

Murad wrote:[Jesus] is seen as one of the greatest Prophets in Islam, and we believe his messege was to reinforce the Laws of Moses & to remind the people to believe in One God. And thus he was given the ability to perform miracles to show his prophethood.
Jesus prophesied,"The Son of Man is going to be betrayed into the hands of men. They will kill him, and on the third day he will be raised to life." (Matthew 17:22-23)

Jesus prophesied again, "See, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be handed over to the high priests and scribes, and they will condemn him to death. Then they will hand him over to the gentiles to be mocked, whipped, and crucified, but on the third day he will be raised." (Matthew 20:17-19)

If Jesus was not killed by crucifixion and not raised to life then Jesus is a false prophet.

Goose

Re: Was Jesus a false prophet?

Post #2

Post by Goose »

Goose wrote:
Murad wrote:[Jesus] is seen as one of the greatest Prophets in Islam, and we believe his messege was to reinforce the Laws of Moses & to remind the people to believe in One God. And thus he was given the ability to perform miracles to show his prophethood.
Jesus prophesied,"The Son of Man is going to be betrayed into the hands of men. They will kill him, and on the third day he will be raised to life." (Matthew 17:22-23)

Jesus prophesied again, "See, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be handed over to the high priests and scribes, and they will condemn him to death. Then they will hand him over to the gentiles to be mocked, whipped, and crucified, but on the third day he will be raised." (Matthew 20:17-19)

If Jesus was not killed by crucifixion and not raised to life then Jesus is a false prophet.

Not going to touch this one I guess?

Murad
Guru

Post #3

Post by Murad »

This is very, very poor reasoning.

You cannot compare the Quran & Bible; and say the Quran is wrong because the Bible says so.

If you can find one unbiased member on this forum that accepts this kind of logic; i will agree Jesus is a false prophet in Islam.
If not; please refrain from making illogical comparisons.
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Enquirer
Student

Post #4

Post by Enquirer »

Murad wrote:This is very, very poor reasoning.

You cannot compare the Quran & Bible; and say the Quran is wrong because the Bible says so.

If you can find one unbiased member on this forum that accepts this kind of logic; i will agree Jesus is a false prophet in Islam.
Why did Muhammad OK the Bible, Judaism and Christianity {people of the Book], then retract things later saying that the Bible and Judaism and Christianity had been 'corrupted'? Bibles exist in the Vatican and the British Museum that predate Muhammad by 200-300 years, and if you compare them with modern editions there appears to be no serious/marked differences.

It seems however that early Qur'ans and the 'Yemeni Parchments' do throw up some marked/'intriguing?' differences. Scholars have commented on this, including Muslim ones

Murad
Guru

Post #5

Post by Murad »

Enquirer wrote: Why did Muhammad OK the Bible, Judaism and Christianity {people of the Book], then retract things later saying that the Bible and Judaism and Christianity had been 'corrupted'?
You cant make these sort of claims without textual evidence.
Baseless assertions; false claims......
Enquirer wrote: Bibles exist in the Vatican and the British Museum that predate Muhammad by 200-300 years, and if you compare them with modern editions there appears to be no serious/marked differences.
Tell me why the last twelve verses are missing from the oldest manuscripts of Mark's Gospel?
Tell me why there isn't an identical pair; out of the 24 THOUSAND Greek manuscripts?
How on earth is this the "Word of God" ?
I bet you havn't read the interpreters bible.....

Also
Read my FAQ thread; Islam does not see the NT as a revelation from God.
Enquirer wrote: It seems however that early Qur'ans and the 'Yemeni Parchments' do throw up some marked/'intriguing?' differences. Scholars have commented on this, including Muslim ones
No, there are pronunciation differences; if you actually know the history of the arabians; you would know each tribe has a different style of phonics.
The Quran Uthman compiled was from the direct texts that the prophets wife hafsa preserved after the prophets death.
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Ball Pean
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Ball Pean »

Enquirer wrote:
Murad wrote:This is very, very poor reasoning.

Why did Muhammad OK the Bible, Judaism and Christianity {people of the Book], then retract things later saying that the Bible and Judaism and Christianity had been 'corrupted'? Bibles exist in the Vatican and the British Museum that predate Muhammad by 200-300 years, and if you compare them with modern editions there appears to be no serious/marked differences.

It seems however that early Qur'ans and the 'Yemeni Parchments' do throw up some marked/'intriguing?' differences. Scholars have commented on this, including Muslim ones
Because Muhammad was like an Atheist/Pagan/antichrist in his complete lack of faith and compassion for God, Jesus, or the NT.

sarabellum

Hi...

Post #7

Post by sarabellum »

Dirty pool Ball Pean?

(I smell anger in this OP)

I agree with Murad.
Poor reasoning.

You can not use a copy of Star Wars to disprove a copy of Star Trek.
Even though there both about space.

Nickman
Site Supporter

Re: Was Jesus a false prophet?

Post #8

Post by Nickman »

Goose wrote:

If Jesus was not killed by crucifixion and not raised to life then Jesus is a false prophet. Was Jesus a false prophet?
Whether or not this is a true event we will not know but one thing to look at I think more importantly would be the many other things he said about returning soon, that everything he spoke would happen in that generation, that Caiaphas would see him coming in the clouds. He spoke of a quick and speedy return and this is also reiterated by his followers like Paul, Peter, Timothy, and others warning members to hold on cause the time was at hand. Revelation states that he was coming very soon. It has been a long, long time and he never returned. There is no sign of him.
-Edit for quotes-

Jrosemary
Sage

Post #9

Post by Jrosemary »

Ball Pean wrote:Because Muhammad was like an Atheist/Pagan/antichrist in his complete lack of faith and compassion for God, Jesus, or the NT.

:warning: Moderator Warning

Please review our Rules. This is an unconstructive one-liner which does not add to the discussion in any meaningful way. You are merely making another unsubstantiated attack on Islam. Again, if you wish to debate the merits of Christianity as opposed to Islam kindly do so in a polite, respectful way and kindly provide support for your arguments.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

EasternSP
Apprentice

Post #10

Post by EasternSP »

Murad wrote: Tell me why the last twelve verses are missing from the oldest manuscripts of Mark's Gospel?
I guess the first question I would have concerning this is, what does it detract from the gospel of Christ or his specific message? The book of Luke references many other writings but we don't have them today that I know of, still, I am saved by the grace of God despite not having read them. Jesus had a specific purpose in his life, not just to hang out on earth for a while to see how things were going.

Are there no deviations in the Koran that draw questions to its solidarity?