Muhammad a prophet?

To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

Joshua Patrick
Apprentice

Muhammad a prophet?

Post #1

Post by Joshua Patrick »

The technical term used by Muslim scholars to designate a miracle that confirms prophethood is "mudjiza.

To qualify iy needs to be;

1) an act of God that cannot be done by any creature.
2)Contrary to the things the customary course of things in that class.
3) aimed at proving the authenticity of that prophet
4) preceded by the announcement of a forthcoming miracle.
5) carried out in the exact manner it was announced.
6) accomplished only through the hands of the prophet.
7) in no way contrary to his prophetic claim
8) accompanied by a challenge to reduplicate it
9) by anyone present. Muslims believe that Moses, Lord Jesus, Elijah performed miracles that fulfilled these criteria.

How come Muhammad did not provide any miracles?

He was challenged to do a miracle, and he did not perform a miracle.

Murad
Guru

Re: Muhammad a prophet?

Post #2

Post by Murad »

Joshua Patrick wrote: How come Muhammad did not provide any miracles?

He was challenged to do a miracle, and he did not perform a miracle.
Wrong; that is a very famous myth spread by anti-islamic websites; like all myths; it is a false assertion.
If you actually studied the Quran & the Hadith; you would know how ridiculous this assertion is.

The Quran simply implies that believing in God simply because of miracles is unpious. Nevertheless; Muhammad performed many great miracles.

Christianity shares the exact same belief:
Mark 8:11-13

[11]The Pharisees came and began to question Jesus. To test him, they asked him for a sign from heaven. [12]He sighed deeply and said, "Why does this generation ask for a miraculous sign? [13]I tell you the truth, no sign will be given to it."
Here is the commentary:
The leaven of the Pharisees

1. (11-12) They ask for a sign from heaven

a. They are not looking simply for an earthly miracle, but a dramatic sign from the sky; for something like Elijah's fire from heaven

i. Tested should be tempted

ii. This unbelief caused Jesus pain

b. Jesus refuses, because His miracles are not for the sake of convincing hardened unbelievers, but they show the power of God in the context of mercy

Prophet Muhammad performed Miracles in the midst of his followers(which were in the hundreds); numerous;numerous eye witness reports were recorded down.
It was these miracles that made his disciples believe in him with absolute certainty; it was because of these miracles that his followers fell face-first on the floor & praised God in awe.
Food Multiplication

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 780:

Narrated Jabir:

My father had died in debt. So I came to the Prophet and said, "My father (died) leaving unpaid debts, and I have nothing except the yield of his date palms; and their yield for many years will not cover his debts. So please come with me, so that the creditors may not misbehave with me." The Prophet went round one of the heaps of dates and invoked (Allah), and then did the same with another heap and sat on it and said, "Measure (for them)." He paid them their rights and what remained was as much as had been paid to them.

Water Multiplication

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 779:

Narrated 'Abdullah:

We used to consider miracles as Allah's Blessings, but you people consider them to be a warning. Once we were with Allah's Apostle on a journey, and we ran short of water. He said, "Bring the water remaining with you." The people brought a utensil containing a little water. He placed his hand in it and said, "Come to the blessed water, and the Blessing is from Allah." I saw the water flowing from among the fingers of Allah's Apostle , and no doubt, we heard the meal glorifying Allah, when it was being eaten (by him).

Supplication for Rain

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 115:

Narrated Anas:

A man came to the Prophet on a Friday while he (the Prophet) was delivering a sermon at Medina, and said, "There is lack of rain, so please invoke your Lord to bless us with the rain." The Prophet looked at the sky when no cloud could be detected. Then he invoked Allah for rain. Clouds started gathering together and it rained till the Medina valleys started flowing with water. It continued raining till the next Friday. Then that man (or some other man) stood up while the Prophet was delivering the Friday sermon, and said, "We are drowned; Please invoke your Lord to withhold it (rain) from us" The Prophet smiled and said twice or thrice, "O Allah! Please let it rain round about us and not upon us." The clouds started dispersing over Medina to the right and to the left, and it rained round about Medina and not upon Medina. Allah showed them (the people) the miracle of His Prophet and His response to his invocation.

Lights to guide Companions

Volume 1, Book 8, Number 454:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Two of the companions of the Prophet departed from him on a dark night and were led by two lights like lamps (going in front of them from Allah as a miracle) lighting the way in front of them, and when they parted, each of them was accompanied by one of these lights till he reached their (respective) houses.

Crying of the stem of the Date-palm Tree

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 783:

Narrated Ibn Umar:

The Prophet used to deliver his sermons while standing beside a trunk of a datepalm. When he had the pulpit made, he used it instead. The trunk started crying and the Prophet went to it, rubbing his hand over it (to stop its crying).

The expulsion of a liar's corpse by the Earth

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 814:

Narrated Anas:

There was a Christian who embraced Islam and read Surat-al-Baqara and Al-Imran, and he used to write (the revelations) for the Prophet. Later on he returned to Christianity again and he used to say: "Muhammad knows nothing but what I have written for him." Then Allah caused him to die, and the people buried him, but in the morning they saw that the earth had thrown his body out. They said, "This is the act of Muhammad and his companions. They dug the grave of our companion and took his body out of it because he had run away from them." They again dug the grave deeply for him, but in the morning they again saw that the earth had thrown his body out. They said, "This is an act of Muhammad and his companions. They dug the grave of our companion and threw his body outside it, for he had run away from them." They dug the grave for him as deep as they could, but in the morning they again saw that the earth had thrown his body out. So they believed that what had befallen him was not done by human beings and had to leave him thrown (on the ground).

The Speech of the Wolf

Volume 3, Book 39, Number 517:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "While a man was riding a cow, it turned towards him and said, 'I have not been created for this purpose (i.e. carrying), I have been created for sloughing.l" The Prophet added, "I, Abu Bakr and 'Umar believe in the story." The Prophet went on, "A wolf caught a sheep, and when the shepherd chased it, the wolf said, 'Who will be its guard on the day of wild beasts, when there will be no shepherd for it except me?' "After narrating it, the Prophet said, "I, Abu Bakr and 'Umar too believe it." Abu Salama (a sub-narrator) said, "Abu Bakr and 'Umar were not present then."

It has been written that a wolf also spoke to one of the companions of the Prophet near Medina as narrated in Fath-al-Bari:Narrated Unais bin 'Amr: Ahban bin Aus said, "I was amongst my sheep. Suddenly a wolf caught a sheep and I shouted at it. The wolf sat on its tail and addressed me, saying, 'Who will look after it (i.e. the sheep) when you will be busy and not able to look after it? Do you forbid me the provision which Allah has provided me?' " Ahban added, "I clapped my hands and said, 'By Allah, I have never seen anything more curious and wonderful than this!' On that the wolf said, 'There is something (more curious) and wonderful than this; that is, Allah's Apostle in those palm trees, inviting people to Allah (i.e. Islam).' "Unais bin 'Amr further said, "Then Ahban went to Allah's Apostle and informed him what happened and embraced Islam.)" palm trees or other trees and share the fruits with me."
Conclusion:
Like all prophets; Muhammad was able to perform miracles under the authority of God.
The Quran introduces Muhammad as a servant of God:
“Tell them, (O Prophet): ‘I am only a human being like you. It is revealed to me that your God(God of Abraham) is One God; so direct yourselves straight to Him, and seek His forgiveness. Woe to those who associate others with Allah in His Divinity’.�(41:6)
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Joshua Patrick
Apprentice

Post #3

Post by Joshua Patrick »

Wrong; that is a very famous myth spread by anti-islamic websites; like all myths; it is a false assertion.
Why do you come to the conclusion that people always use anti-islamic websites lol, some people are intellectual human beings and can spot falsehood.
If you actually studied the Quran & the Hadith; you would know how ridiculous this assertion is.
Name one miracle he did in the Qu'ran. Actually he refused to perform a miacle (3:181-84). Instead he claimed that the language and teaching of the Qu'ran were proof that his message was divine.

Quote:

[11]The Pharisees came and began to question Jesus. To test him, they asked him for a sign from heaven. [12]He sighed deeply and said, "Why does this generation ask for a miraculous sign? [13]I tell you the truth, no sign will be given to it."
If you actually understood the passage.

Jesus refuses to perform miracles on demand, especially not for Pharisees who are plotting to destroy him (3:6). They are like the Israelites in the wilderness who refused to believe in God, even after seeing numerous signs in Egypt (Num 14:11; CCC 548).

Muhammad was asked to provide a miracle so they could believe, he coward out.

Jesus was asked to provide a miracle, the Pharisees did not belief in him, so would not except him, just like they said he casted devils out with the power of the devil.

Jesus did perform miracle, many miracles. Flavius Josephus a Jewish historian even mentioned this in his history of Jews. Muhammad did not provide miracles, only you have is tradition. In the Qu'ran he coward away from miracles.

Prophet Muhammad performed Miracles in the midst of his followers(which were in the hundreds); numerous;numerous eye witness reports were recorded down.
It was these miracles that made his disciples believe in him with absolute certainty; it was because of these miracles that his followers fell face-first on the floor & praised God in awe.
You provide miracles from Tradition. Not actually your supposed inspired text.

They are many reasons for questioning the authenticity of these stories. Critics have observed the following.

First,none of them are recorded in the Qu'ran. In fact,they are in general contrary to the whole spirit of the Muhammad of the Qur'an, who repeatedly refused to these very kind of things for unbelievers who challenged him (3:181-84; 4:153; 6:8-9)

Second , these alleged miracles follow the same pattern as the apocryphal miracles of Christ from a century or two after his death. They are a legendary embellishment of people removed from the original events. They do not come from contemporary eyewitnesses of the events.

Third, even among Mulims there is no generally agreed upon list of miracles from the hadith. Indeed, the vast majority of stories from the hadith are rejected by most Muslim scholars as not being authentic. Different groups accept different collections of them.

Fourth, the collections of the hadith that are generally accepted by most Muslims are far removed from the original events by several generations. Indeed, most of those who collected miracles stories lived one undred to two hundred years after the time of the events - plenty of time for legends to develop. They relied on stories that had been passed on orally for many generations with ample embellishment. Even the stories accepted by Muslims as authentic, as determined by the isnad (chain of storytellers), lack credibility. For even these stories are not based on eye-witnesses but rely on many generations of storytellers, ofeten involving hundred of years.
The question as to who first circulated these miracle tales would be very easy to answer if we could still look upon the isnad, or chain of witnesses,as unquestionably as we are apparently expected to do. It is especially seductive when one and the same report appears in various essentially similiar versions....In general the technique of the isnad does not make it possible for us to decide where it is a case of taking over oral account and where of copying from the lecture books of teachers. - Joseph Horowitz, "The Growth of the Mohammed Legend," in the Moslem World,vol.10 (1920):

Fifth. Bukhari, considered to be the most reliavle collector, admitted that of the 300,000 hadith he collectedm he considered only 100,000 might be true. He then narrowed this number down to 7,275, many of which are repetitions so that the total number in fact was near 3,000. That means that even he admitted there were errors in over 295,000 of them!

Sixth, there is no one canon of authenticity for these stories accepted by all Muslims. Most Muslim rank their credibility in descending order as follows: The Sahih of Al Bukhari (d.256 A.H. (after Hijrah). Al Sahih of Muslim (d.279 A.H). The Sunan of Abu Du'ad (d.275 A.H). The Jami of Al-Tirmidhi (d.279 A.H). The Suand of Al Nasa (d.303 A.H); and the Sunan of Ibn Madja (d.123 A.H.)

Finaly, the origin of the miracle claims of Islam is suspect. It is common knowledge that Islam borrowed many of its beliefs and practicies from other religions (Dashti,55). This has also been documented by many scholars ( See Shorrosh, and Nehls, 96-102) It i not surprising that Muslim miracle clamims arise, then,as a result of Christian apologists demonstrating the superiority of Jesus to that of Muhammad by way of Jesus' Miracles.

It is only after two Christian bishops (Abu Qurra from Edessa and Arethas from Ceasaria) had pointed this out that the Islamic miracle stories began to appear.

As Sahad noted, "The implication [of the Bishop#s challenge] is quite clear: Muhammad's teaching is one that might have merit; but this is not enough to qualify him as a prophet, without supernatural signs. If such signs could be shown one could possibly accept him as a prophet ( Daniel J.Sahad, "The Formation of Later Islamic Doctrines as a Respond to Byxantime Polemics: The Miracles of Muhammad,"

Thus, the task for Mulims was clear. If they could decieve people and invent miracles they could respond to the Christian challenge. It was soon after this that Muhammad's miracle claims began to appear.
Saha notes that "it is quite interesting that several of these (Miracle stories) sound as if they are being offered as responses to such Christians as Abu Qurra, and they bear an amazing resemblance to miracles of Jesus found in the Gospels. ( Ibid.,314.).

Muhammad's miracle stories lack credibility. None of them were written by witnesses.

Murad
Guru

Post #4

Post by Murad »

Joshua Patrick wrote:
Why do you come to the conclusion that people always use anti-islamic websites lol, some people are intellectual human beings and can spot falsehood.
AnsweringIslam.com ? :D
Yes people can spot falsehoods; expecially when a religion relies on assumption more than knowledge. :whistle:

Joshua Patrick wrote: Name one miracle he did in the Qu'ran.
The Quran doesn't describe his miracles personally. Instead it describes the miracles done by god; on the behalf of Muhammad.
So is this the assertion your using to prove he didn't do any miracles?

Joshua Patrick wrote: Actually he refused to perform a miacle (3:181-84). Instead he claimed that the language and teaching of the Qu'ran were proof that his message was divine.
That doesn't prove he didn't do any miracles. Again a weak assumption and assertion.

Joshua Patrick wrote:
Quote:

Jesus refuses to perform miracles on demand, especially not for Pharisees who are plotting to destroy him (3:6). They are like the Israelites in the wilderness who refused to believe in God, even after seeing numerous signs in Egypt (Num 14:11; CCC 548).
I understand the passage very well thank you. If you also read the biblical commentary:

b. Jesus refuses, because His miracles are not for the sake of convincing hardened unbelievers, but they show the power of God in the context of mercy
Joshua Patrick wrote: Muhammad was asked to provide a miracle so they could believe, he coward out.
Again thats a very weak assertion; Muhammad did not walk around performing miracles; no doubt.
Surah 17:90-93

They say, 'We will not believe thee till thou makest a spring to gush forth from the earth for us, or till thou possessest a garden of plants and vines, and thou makest rivers to gush forth abundantly all amongst it, or till thou makest heaven to fall, as thou assertest, on us in fragments, or thou bringest God and the angels as a surety, or till thou possessest a house of gold ornament, or till thou goest up into heaven; and we will not believe thy going up till thou bringest down on us a book that we may read. Say: 'Glory be to my Lord. Am I aught BUT A MORTAL, a Messenger?'
They asked the Prophet to do all this and the Prophet is simply telling them that he is only a human being just like them. He couldn't do those things. His only task was to deliver the message of God to them. Only God can do these things. Not the Prophet of himself. And the Quran testifies God performing miracles on the behalf of Muhammad.
Joshua Patrick wrote: Jesus did perform miracle, many miracles. Flavius Josephus a Jewish historian even mentioned this in his history of Jews.
Why are you bringing this up?; the Quran is filled with his miracles.
Joshua Patrick wrote: Muhammad did not provide miracles, only you have is tradition.
*sigh* its funny when you bring up the word 'tradition'.
The NT is a secondary source that was created by oral tradition that was handed down for 35-80 years.

Joshua Patrick wrote:
That is irrelevant.
Joshua Patrick wrote: They are many reasons for questioning the authenticity of these stories. Critics have observed the following.

First,none of them are recorded in the Qu'ran. In fact,they are in general contrary to the whole spirit of the Muhammad of the Qur'an, who repeatedly refused to these very kind of things for unbelievers who challenged him (3:181-84; 4:153; 6:8-9)
Instead of quoting from the most biased website on the internet: http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/ ... racles.htm ; i suggest you read the Quran to understand the "Spirit of the Quran"; as you put it.
You know nothing about the Quran(besides the copy & paste), Period.

Joshua Patrick wrote: Second , these alleged miracles follow the same pattern as the apocryphal miracles of Christ from a century or two after his death. They are a legendary embellishment of people removed from the original events. They do not come from contemporary eyewitnesses of the events.
Again a copy and paste from: http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/ ... racles.htm
A well executed statement.
I think the author Sam Shamoun has a degree is psychology; so it may fool a small group of Christians like yourself.

He equates well-known unauthentic Christian scriptures to the Quran.
One thing he forgets is that unlike the Bible which was written 35-80 years after the dissapearance of Christ; the Quran was produced by Muhammad in his life time. Period.

Certain hadiths we know for certain whether they are authentic and reliable; simply because of the authors; e.g. Jabir, Abdullah, Al-Bara, Imran, Anas bin Malik, Ibn Umar(Caliph of Islam); Abu Huraira... etc.....

Joshua Patrick wrote: Third, even among Mulims there is no generally agreed upon list of miracles from the hadith.
False assertion(excluding Quranic Muslims)
The whole muslim community agree's on certain hadiths being accurate and authentic.
I suggest you study about the 'Islamic Schools of thought'; that will be more educational for you; rather than copy and pasting like most Christian apologetics tend to do.

Joshua Patrick wrote: Indeed, the vast majority of stories from the hadith are rejected by most Muslim scholars as not being authentic. Different groups accept different collections of them.
That is true; as most hadiths are from early muslims that we cannot determine whether they were near the Prophet.
But certain hadiths, we have no doubt on their authenticity.

Joshua Patrick wrote: Fourth, the collections of the hadith that are generally accepted by most Muslims are far removed from the original events by several generations. Indeed, most of those who collected miracles stories lived one undred to two hundred years after the time of the events - plenty of time for legends to develop.
Sam Shamoun is obviously the most ignorant Christian on the internet.
1) He is generalising; Umar; a disciple of Muhammad recorded supernatural events(miracles) that happened during the lifetime of the Prophet.
2) It doesn't help the credibility of the Bible that was written decades after the death of Christ; by unknown authors; that cannot be determined as i showed you in our other discussion.
You only rely on 'Church Tradition'.
A perfect way to justify Christianity aint it ? :)

...You see this is what happens when you copy and paste from ignorant fools who purposely twist the truth.

Joshua Patrick wrote: They relied on stories that had been passed on orally for many generations with ample embellishment. Even the stories accepted by Muslims as authentic, as determined by the isnad (chain of storytellers), lack credibility. For even these stories are not based on eye-witnesses but rely on many generations of storytellers, ofeten involving hundred of years.
Subjective opinions. Nothing more.
Plus i might add; most of the miracles i showed were eye-witnesses.

Joshua Patrick wrote: Fifth. Bukhari, considered to be the most reliavle collector, admitted that of the 300,000 hadith he collectedm he considered only 100,000 might be true. He then narrowed this number down to 7,275, many of which are repetitions so that the total number in fact was near 3,000. That means that even he admitted there were errors in over 295,000 of them!
Again, a completely false assertion.
Unlike Christians; we muslims do not assume.(e.g. resurrection[no one saw Jesus being resurrected], trinity[does not exist in OT, and is purposely mis-interpreted in NT])

We know and we admit when we cannot determine somethings authenticity.

Thus the early muslim scholars concluded that we should not base our beliefs on texts that cannot be verified.
But the hadiths that i quoted from; are verifable and written by eye-witnesses. Period.

Joshua Patrick wrote: Sixth, there is no one canon of authenticity for these stories accepted by all Muslims. Most Muslim rank their credibility in descending order as follows: The Sahih of Al Bukhari (d.256 A.H. (after Hijrah). Al Sahih of Muslim (d.279 A.H). The Sunan of Abu Du'ad (d.275 A.H). The Jami of Al-Tirmidhi (d.279 A.H). The Suand of Al Nasa (d.303 A.H); and the Sunan of Ibn Madja (d.123 A.H.)
As i said earlier; unlike christians we dont assume authenticity. We ourselves rate our own hadiths.
Joshua Patrick wrote: Finaly, the origin of the miracle claims of Islam is suspect. It is common knowledge that Islam borrowed many of its beliefs and practicies from other religions (Dashti,55). This has also been documented by many scholars ( See Shorrosh, and Nehls, 96-102) It i not surprising that Muslim miracle clamims arise, then,as a result of Christian apologists demonstrating the superiority of Jesus to that of Muhammad by way of Jesus' Miracles.
Very, very.. low from you Joshua.
Even if your so desperate that you have to copy and paste; you should atleast read what you copy and paste.
OFCOURSE Christian scholars aren't going to see Islamic scripture authentic.
How ridiculous do you want to get Joshua?
Joshua Patrick wrote: Thus, the task for Mulims was clear. If they could decieve people and invent miracles they could respond to the Christian challenge. It was soon after this that Muhammad's miracle claims began to appear.
Saha notes that "it is quite interesting that several of these (Miracle stories) sound as if they are being offered as responses to such Christians as Abu Qurra, and they bear an amazing resemblance to miracles of Jesus found in the Gospels. ( Ibid.,314.).
Again quoting from Christians that believe in pseudo doctrines; regarding Islam; doesn't help you at all.

Joshua Patrick wrote: Muhammad's miracle stories lack credibility. None of them were written by witnesses.

False; false and false.
Muhammads disciples testified to his miracles.
Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, Ali.........

Conclusion:
You started very cheesy:
Then you copy/pasted utter rubbish. Very, very dissapointed in you.
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

RightKnowledge999
Banned
Banned

Murad

Post #5

Post by RightKnowledge999 »

Murad wrote:
Joshua Patrick wrote:
AnsweringIslam.com ? :D
Yes people can spot falsehoods; expecially when a religion relies on assumption more than knowledge. :whistle:

Joshua Patrick wrote: Name one miracle he did in the Qu'ran.
The Quran doesn't describe his miracles personally. Instead it describes the miracles done by god; on the behalf of Muhammad.
So is this the assertion your using to prove he didn't do any miracles?

Joshua Patrick wrote: Actually he refused to perform a miacle (3:181-84). Instead he claimed that the language and teaching of the Qu'ran were proof that his message was divine.
That doesn't prove he didn't do any miracles. Again a weak assumption and assertion.

Joshua Patrick wrote:
Quote:

I understand the passage very well thank you. If you also read the biblical commentary:

Joshua Patrick wrote: Muhammad was asked to provide a miracle so they could believe, he coward out.
Again thats a very weak assertion; Muhammad did not walk around performing miracles; no doubt.
Surah 17:90-93

They say, 'We will not believe thee till thou makest a spring to gush forth from the earth for us, or till thou possessest a garden of plants and vines, and thou makest rivers to gush forth abundantly all amongst it, or till thou makest heaven to fall, as thou assertest, on us in fragments, or thou bringest God and the angels as a surety, or till thou possessest a house of gold ornament, or till thou goest up into heaven; and we will not believe thy going up till thou bringest down on us a book that we may read. Say: 'Glory be to my Lord. Am I aught BUT A MORTAL, a Messenger?'
They asked the Prophet to do all this and the Prophet is simply telling them that he is only a human being just like them. He couldn't do those things. His only task was to deliver the message of God to them. Only God can do these things. Not the Prophet of himself. And the Quran testifies God performing miracles on the behalf of Muhammad.
Joshua Patrick wrote: Jesus did perform miracle, many miracles. Flavius Josephus a Jewish historian even mentioned this in his history of Jews.
Why are you bringing this up?; the Quran is filled with his miracles.
Joshua Patrick wrote: Muhammad did not provide miracles, only you have is tradition.
*sigh* its funny when you bring up the word 'tradition'.
The NT is a secondary source that was created by oral tradition that was handed down for 35-80 years.

Joshua Patrick wrote:
That is irrelevant.
Joshua Patrick wrote: They are many reasons for questioning the authenticity of these stories. Critics have observed the following.

Instead of quoting from the most biased website on the internet: http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/ ... racles.htm ; i suggest you read the Quran to understand the "Spirit of the Quran"; as you put it.
You know nothing about the Quran(besides the copy & paste), Period.

Joshua Patrick wrote: Second , these alleged miracles follow the same pattern as the apocryphal miracles of Christ from a century or two after his death. They are a legendary embellishment of people removed from the original events. They do not come from contemporary eyewitnesses of the events.
Again a copy and paste from: http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/ ... racles.htm
A well executed statement.
I think the author Sam Shamoun has a degree is psychology; so it may fool a small group of Christians like yourself.

He equates well-known unauthentic Christian scriptures to the Quran.
One thing he forgets is that unlike the Bible which was written 35-80 years after the dissapearance of Christ; the Quran was produced by Muhammad in his life time. Period.

Certain hadiths we know for certain whether they are authentic and reliable; simply because of the authors; e.g. Jabir, Abdullah, Al-Bara, Imran, Anas bin Malik, Ibn Umar(Caliph of Islam); Abu Huraira... etc.....

Joshua Patrick wrote: Third, even among Mulims there is no generally agreed upon list of miracles from the hadith.
False assertion(excluding Quranic Muslims)
The whole muslim community agree's on certain hadiths being accurate and authentic.
I suggest you study about the 'Islamic Schools of thought'; that will be more educational for you; rather than copy and pasting like most Christian apologetics tend to do.

Joshua Patrick wrote: Indeed, the vast majority of stories from the hadith are rejected by most Muslim scholars as not being authentic. Different groups accept different collections of them.
That is true; as most hadiths are from early muslims that we cannot determine whether they were near the Prophet.
But certain hadiths, we have no doubt on their authenticity.

Joshua Patrick wrote: Fourth, the collections of the hadith that are generally accepted by most Muslims are far removed from the original events by several generations. Indeed, most of those who collected miracles stories lived one undred to two hundred years after the time of the events - plenty of time for legends to develop.
Sam Shamoun is obviously the most ignorant Christian on the internet.
1) He is generalising; Umar; a disciple of Muhammad recorded supernatural events(miracles) that happened during the lifetime of the Prophet.
2) It doesn't help the credibility of the Bible that was written decades after the death of Christ; by unknown authors; that cannot be determined as i showed you in our other discussion.
You only rely on 'Church Tradition'.
A perfect way to justify Christianity aint it ? :)

...You see this is what happens when you copy and paste from ignorant fools who purposely twist the truth.

Joshua Patrick wrote: They relied on stories that had been passed on orally for many generations with ample embellishment. Even the stories accepted by Muslims as authentic, as determined by the isnad (chain of storytellers), lack credibility. For even these stories are not based on eye-witnesses but rely on many generations of storytellers, ofeten involving hundred of years.
Subjective opinions. Nothing more.
Plus i might add; most of the miracles i showed were eye-witnesses.

Joshua Patrick wrote: Fifth. Bukhari, considered to be the most reliavle collector, admitted that of the 300,000 hadith he collectedm he considered only 100,000 might be true. He then narrowed this number down to 7,275, many of which are repetitions so that the total number in fact was near 3,000. That means that even he admitted there were errors in over 295,000 of them!
Again, a completely false assertion.
Unlike Christians; we muslims do not assume.(e.g. resurrection[no one saw Jesus being resurrected], trinity[does not exist in OT, and is purposely mis-interpreted in NT])

We know and we admit when we cannot determine somethings authenticity.

Thus the early muslim scholars concluded that we should not base our beliefs on texts that cannot be verified.
But the hadiths that i quoted from; are verifable and written by eye-witnesses. Period.

Joshua Patrick wrote: Sixth, there is no one canon of authenticity for these stories accepted by all Muslims. Most Muslim rank their credibility in descending order as follows: The Sahih of Al Bukhari (d.256 A.H. (after Hijrah). Al Sahih of Muslim (d.279 A.H). The Sunan of Abu Du'ad (d.275 A.H). The Jami of Al-Tirmidhi (d.279 A.H). The Suand of Al Nasa (d.303 A.H); and the Sunan of Ibn Madja (d.123 A.H.)
As i said earlier; unlike christians we dont assume authenticity. We ourselves rate our own hadiths.
Joshua Patrick wrote: Finaly, the origin of the miracle claims of Islam is suspect. It is common knowledge that Islam borrowed many of its beliefs and practicies from other religions (Dashti,55). This has also been documented by many scholars ( See Shorrosh, and Nehls, 96-102) It i not surprising that Muslim miracle clamims arise, then,as a result of Christian apologists demonstrating the superiority of Jesus to that of Muhammad by way of Jesus' Miracles.
Very, very.. low from you Joshua.
Even if your so desperate that you have to copy and paste; you should atleast read what you copy and paste.
OFCOURSE Christian scholars aren't going to see Islamic scripture authentic.
How ridiculous do you want to get Joshua?
Joshua Patrick wrote: Thus, the task for Mulims was clear. If they could decieve people and invent miracles they could respond to the Christian challenge. It was soon after this that Muhammad's miracle claims began to appear.
Again quoting from Christians that believe in pseudo doctrines; regarding Islam; doesn't help you at all.

Joshua Patrick wrote: Muhammad's miracle stories lack credibility. None of them were written by witnesses.

False; false and false.
Muhammads disciples testified to his miracles.
Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman, Ali.........

Conclusion:
You started very cheesy:
Then you copy/pasted utter rubbish. Very, very dissapointed in you.

For A Person Who Clam To Have Read The Whole Qur'aan , Most Of Your Answer To Other Are That They Are ( Copying Pasteing From An Anti-islamic websites ) If You Know The Qur'aan As You Say That Should Matter Because You Have The Words Of Allah Right . Isn't It Better To Say You Don't Know Then Come Up With Excuses ???

Murad
Guru

Re: Murad

Post #6

Post by Murad »

RightKnowledge999 wrote: For A Person Who Clam To Have Read The Whole Qur'aan , Most Of Your Answer To Other Are That They Are ( Copying Pasteing From An Anti-islamic websites )
Because they are; www.answering-islam.com
RightKnowledge999 wrote: If You Know The Qur'aan As You Say That Should Matter Because You Have The Words Of Allah Right . Isn't It Better To Say You Don't Know Then Come Up With Excuses ???
What excuses? What dont i know?

You are talking nonsense; if you want to disagree with me; show me why.
Dont make idiotic claims; you dont know the degree of my knowledge; so dont assume.

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

RightKnowledge999
Banned
Banned

Is The ( Qur'an ) A Continuation Of ( The Bible ) ?

Post #7

Murad wrote:
RightKnowledge999 wrote: For A Person Who Clam To Have Read The Whole Qur'aan , Most Of Your Answer To Other Are That They Are ( Copying Pasteing From An Anti-islamic websites )
RightKnowledge999 wrote: If You Know The Qur'aan As You Say That Should Matter Because You Have The Words Of Allah Right . Isn't It Better To Say You Don't Know Then Come Up With Excuses ???

Dont make idiotic claims; you dont know the degree of my knowledge; so dont assume.

Murad
Guru

Re: Is The ( Qur'an ) A Continuation Of ( The Bible ) ?

Post #8

Post by Murad »

RightKnowledge999 wrote:
Murad wrote:

Why are you asking elementary questions to me?
In Islamic Theology the Quran is a completely different revelation given to Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) to erase confusion & corruption within the monotheistic(abrahamic) religions.

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

RightKnowledge999
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Murad wrote:
RightKnowledge999 wrote:
Murad wrote:

Why are you asking elementary questions to me?
In Islamic Theology the Quran is a completely different revelation given to Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) to erase confusion & corruption within the monotheistic(abrahamic) religions.

Why Are The Following Prophets Mentioned And Their Life Stories Elaborated On In The ( Qur'an ; )
1. Adam --- Aadam The Qur'an 2 ; 31

2 . Abraham --- Ibrahim The Qur'an 2 ; 124

3 , Aaron --- Haaruwn The Qur'an 2 ; 248

4 . David --- Daawud The Qur'an 4 ; 163

5 . Enoch --- Idriys The Qur'an 19 ; 56

6 . Elijah --- Iliyas The Qur'an 37 ; 123 7 . Ishmael --- Ismaa'iyl The Qur'an 2 ; 125 8 . Isaac --- Ishaaq The Qur'an 2 ; 136
9 . Jesus --- Isa The Qur'an 2 ; 87

10 . Jacob --- Yaaquwb The Qur'an 4 ; 163

11 . Jonah --- Yuwnus The Qur'an 10 ; 98

12 . John --- Yahya The Qur'an 3 ; 39

13 . Joseph --- Yusuwf The Qur'an 12 ; 4

14 . Jethro --- Shuaib The Qur'an 7 ; 85

15 . Lot --- Luwt The Qur'an 21 ; 74

16 . Luqman --- Leummim The Qur'an 31 ; 12

17 . Moses --- Muwsa The Qur'an 2 ; 51

18 . Noah --- Nuwh The Qur'an 4 ; 163

19 . Saul --- Talut The Qur'an 2 ; 249 20 . Shelah --- Salih The Qur'an 7 ; 77

21 . Solomon --- Sulayman The Qur'an 27 ; 15

22 . Zechariah ---- Zakariyya The Qur'an 3 ; 37

Murad
Guru

Post #10

Post by Murad »

RightKnowledge999 wrote:Why Are The Following Prophets Mentioned And Their Life Stories Elaborated On In The ( Qur'an ; )
1. Adam --- Aadam The Qur'an 2 ; 31

2 . Abraham --- Ibrahim The Qur'an 2 ; 124

3 , Aaron --- Haaruwn The Qur'an 2 ; 248

4 . David --- Daawud The Qur'an 4 ; 163

5 . Enoch --- Idriys The Qur'an 19 ; 56

6 . Elijah --- Iliyas The Qur'an 37 ; 123 7 . Ishmael --- Ismaa'iyl The Qur'an 2 ; 125 8 . Isaac --- Ishaaq The Qur'an 2 ; 136
9 . Jesus --- Isa The Qur'an 2 ; 87

10 . Jacob --- Yaaquwb The Qur'an 4 ; 163

11 . Jonah --- Yuwnus The Qur'an 10 ; 98

12 . John --- Yahya The Qur'an 3 ; 39

13 . Joseph --- Yusuwf The Qur'an 12 ; 4

14 . Jethro --- Shuaib The Qur'an 7 ; 85

15 . Lot --- Luwt The Qur'an 21 ; 74

16 . Luqman --- Leummim The Qur'an 31 ; 12

17 . Moses --- Muwsa The Qur'an 2 ; 51

18 . Noah --- Nuwh The Qur'an 4 ; 163

19 . Saul --- Talut The Qur'an 2 ; 249 20 . Shelah --- Salih The Qur'an 7 ; 77

21 . Solomon --- Sulayman The Qur'an 27 ; 15

22 . Zechariah ---- Zakariyya The Qur'an 3 ; 37
Many of them contained inner morals; and the stories emphasized the hardships the prophets faced to spread the messege of God.
Their stories are historic in the context of the Quran.

Remember this is a debate forum; not a quiz forum.

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---