Intepreting dreams?

To discuss Islam topics and issues

Moderator: Moderators

darwinian
Student

Intepreting dreams?

Post #1

Post by darwinian »

In chapter 11 of the Quran we learn that Joseph can interpret dreams.

I highly doubt that dreams are anything but the nonsense our brains fabricate during our sleep.

So how can there be anything like dream interpretation?

How scientific is this?

Murad
Guru

Re: Intepreting dreams?

Post #2

Post by Murad »

hobaleo wrote:In chapter 11 of the Quran we learn that Joseph can interpret dreams.

I highly doubt that dreams are anything but the nonsense our brains fabricate during our sleep.

So how can there be anything like dream interpretation?

How scientific is this?
You are referring to chapter 12 not 11.

I have to disagree with you; i've had dreams that came true, although it's difficult to determine whether it was a coincidence or an actual form of foreknowledge.

It's agreed, dreams most of the time can be our imagination; but i do believe some dreams have a deeper meaning & contain a sense of spirituality or foreknowledge. For example, an Afghani man had a dream of hot tea being spilt on his foot & 2 weeks later he stepped on a landmine.
Abu Hurayrah narrated Muhammad (S) said:
"There are three types of dreams: a righteous dream which is glad tidings from Allah, the dream which causes sadness is from Shaitan, and a dream from the ramblings of the mind." (Sahih Muslim)
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

darwinian
Student

Re: Intepreting dreams?

Post #3

Post by darwinian »

Murad wrote:For example, an Afghani man had a dream of hot tea being spilt on his foot & 2 weeks later he stepped on a landmine.
LMAO

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #4

Post by Pazuzu bin Hanbi »

^ I concur! Image

Seriously, that is one heck of a difference!
لا إلـــــــــــــــــــــــــــه

Yusef
Banned
Banned

Interpretation of dreams

Post #5

Post by Yusef »

Most well known interpreters of the history were: Prophet Joseph(a.s), Prophet DaniEl(a.s), Prophet Mohammad(s.a), Imam Ja'far AsSadeq(a.s), Ibn Sirin, Jaber Maqrebi, Kermani...

* Do you know how IbneShirin arrived at this the dignity?

His story was like the same story of Prophet Yusef(a.s) and Zolaykha!
When a woman asked him to sex, he went to WC and made himself dirty...
Then at once he converted to a great commentator of dreams..

And about real dreams for example:
I myself more than 8years ago saw a dream 3times at 3nights that MohammadReza Pahlavi, the last king of Iran and his wife, Farah - radiAllah anhom - came back and they married in a great green land... and the people went on their own houses and were watching them..
* This was my dream,
and after 5-6 years some people of Iran, less than 1milion people with green covers came out to streets and...
I assume your beliefs are the better! Well, be soldier of God and convert me. By your own reasonings also tell me my wrong beliefs and why..>> :study: