Cannibalism

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

Squall
Student

Cannibalism

Post #1

Post by Squall »

I came across a bizzare story about an abortionist in Kansas who is accused of eating a fetus. Now hes being charged with other things like having a messy clinic and such because there are no laws againts eating unborn babies. This got me thinking about a story I heard a while back about some german canibals. One individual willingly let another indivual who he met online eat him. So it got me thinking. Is cannibalism morally wrong? Is it wrong if the cannibalised is willing? What about cannibalising an unborn baby? The mother wished it detroyed so does it matter if someone eats the body?

OH and if anyone is curous about these stories here are some links.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=44868

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3230774.stm

sin_is_fun
Sage

Post #2

Post by sin_is_fun »

Many societies consider sucides and murder as illegal.Cannibalism cannot happen without both.Hence it is outlawed.

Eating fetus again raises the question of whose unborn baby was it?If it is not your baby then it is wrong.The body of the fetus belongs to its family who might want to perform last rites.If they are not doing so and throw away the body in trash then we have the question of can people salvage trash?to whom does the trash belong to?county maybe?

ST88
Site Supporter

Re: Cannibalism

Post #3

Post by ST88 »

Squall wrote:Is cannibalism morally wrong? Is it wrong if the cannibalised is willing? What about cannibalising an unborn baby? The mother wished it detroyed so does it matter if someone eats the body?
There is a good deal of speculation on why native Hawaiians have one of the highest rates of consumption of SPAM (the Hormel sweetened ham product) in the world. I heard an interview with the travel writer Paul Theroux, who said that this is probably because a large part of the Pacific Islander culture is a cannibal culture, and SPAM approximates the taste of human flesh. I don't know if it's true or not, but it's a great story.

As to cannibalism itself, I think it violates fundamental human rights. And if the victim is willing, it says to me that there is some form of mind control or psychological nihilism going on that would cause the victim to come to that decision. In either case, medical attention is preferred.

The aborted fetus question is horribly ghoulish. I could see where this might become a clinical fetish, and it certainly doesn't pass the gut-level yuk test. I think this might come under the ban on the consumption of human body parts that is in place for health reasons. Diseases are spread more easily from human to human -- and this would fall under blood-blood contact.

Squall
Student

Post #4

Post by Squall »

ST88 wrote: and SPAM approximates the taste of human flesh. I don't know if it's true or not, but it's a great story.
I ate SPAM a month ago...now you got me wondering...

Nathan

Post #5

Post by Nathan »

Among some cultures in East Asia, the Phillipines I think, human foetus is a delicacy.

lifeisboring
Student

Post #6

Post by lifeisboring »

Cannibalism is basically eating the flesh of its own kind. So if humans evolved and created another species, I guess it's alright to eat them. Wrong, yes. But you guys seem prefectly fine with eating chicken, so why all the fuss?
Did God create humans, or did humans create God? :-k

God gives us the freedom of choosing what religion to believe in, and then sends prophets to convince us to believe in him. Strange, no? :eyebrow:

inobaba
Student

Post #7

Post by inobaba »

Cannibalism, very interesting topic. If you look at it from a biological stand point what you're doing is like what lifeisboring said, eating an animal. Morally, if you think killing human is wrong then what differs that from killing a pig? It's just that today's society values human lives more, so according to society, cannibalism is wrong.
I believe in myself, for I am perfect.

c2u
Student

Post #8

Post by c2u »

The minute I hear cannibalism, I go ewww! :?

The every thought of a human eating a human, is disgusting in my eyes. That is why I stay away from the movies that cannibalism in it. How can you eat another person or a fetus? I think that a person, who eats another person, there is something very wrong with them. There are someone chemical process in the brain that are not functioning well. That person needs some serious help! :blink:

seen da light
Student

Post #9

Post by seen da light »

The minute I hear cannibalism, I go ewww!

The every thought of a human eating a human, is disgusting in my eyes. That is why I stay away from the movies that cannibalism in it. How can you eat another person or a fetus? I think that a person, who eats another person, there is something very wrong with them. There are someone chemical process in the brain that are not functioning well. That person needs some serious help!
As much as this also tends to freak me out, would you eat someone else if they are already dead and you are about to die from hunger?
At that point,all they are on your most basic instincts is a source of food-a lump of meat. I was wondering what you would do?

c2u
Student

Post #10

Post by c2u »

to seen the light

i think i would rather die than eat somone....
but come to think about it maybe i would but that if im really need to!