Parable of Two Swords

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

yaright
Student

Parable of Two Swords

Post #1

Post by yaright »

The Parable of Two Swords unfolds as the working of law and traditions began to unfold. As best as I am able to bring this parable language into the present tense; In Luke 22;35 is the beginning of the answer to the question of two swords. The teaching of the work of law, traditions and then lived out in the life of Jesus according to God's design, and not according to the things which seem right to a man. All elements of this parable are needed to see this on a personal plain; The very purpose of parable language. Peter had one sword; But in this parable language, who has the other Sword, and for what purpose was it used?

I understand part of the teaching on a personal level, by remembering something said to me many years ago, and I did not fully comprehend the give, and the take.

The question; Faith comes by.....

Slopeshoulder
Banned
Banned

Post #2

Post by Slopeshoulder »

It's the sword that cuts through the crap, the sword that cuts away the nonsense, the sword that tells us that change is hard and radical. It's the sword that cuts away the old and makes room for the new. It's a metaphor to let people know that transformation/conversion/metanoia ain't easy.

The only fight is with ourselves.

Are you suggesting otherwise? Haven't we seen enough of that?