1000 member milestone at DC&R

Messages from the admins

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

1000 member milestone at DC&R

Post #1

Post by otseng »

This past weekend, we hit the 1000 member milestone. And I am grateful to God that we have made it to this point. Though this number is small compared to many other forums, it shows that 1000 people have considered this site worthwhile enough to go through the registration process.

When I started this forum in Jan 2004, I was hoping to provide a place to have civil debates on religious issues that was open to everyone. In my experience starting a project, there are different paths that it can end up. It can start with a bang, and then whither away. Or it can grow into something different than the initial goal. But, I'm pleased that the site is growing and that it's fulfilling its original purpose.

I am also grateful that many strong debaters have been willing to assist in admining and moderating this forum. Without their assistance, there would be no way this site can remain a quality place to debate.

I am also thankful to the site supporters that have given financially to this forum. Their contributions certainly do help to offset the costs incurred in running this site.

And as well, I am thankful for all the debaters here that have taken to time to write such civil and well thought out posts. Oftentimes I wonder, "how do they have the time to write such lengthy and well written posts?"

Finally, I would like to say that the whole experience of running a forum and debating with others has been enjoyable for me. And I look forward to the years ahead and seeing where this site will go.
Last edited by otseng on Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old_Path
Student

Re: 1000 member milestone at DC&R

Post #2

Post by Old_Path »

otseng wrote:This past weekend, we hit the 1000 member milestone. And I am grateful to God that we have made it to this point. Though this number is small compared to many other forums, it shows that 1000 people have considered this site worthwhile enough to go through the registration process.

When I started this forum in Jan 2004, I was hoping to provide a place to have civil debates on religious issues that was open to everyone. In my experience starting a project, there are different paths that it can end up. It can start with a bang, and then whither away. Or it can grow into something different than the initial goal. But, I'm pleased that the site is growing and that it's fulfilling its original purpose.

I am also grateful that many strong debaters have been willing to assist in admining and moderating this forum. Without their assistance, there would be no way this site can remain a quality place to debate.

I am also thankful to the site supporters that have given financially to this forum. Their contributions certainly do help to offset the costs incurred in running this site.

And as well, I am thankful for all the debaters here that have taken to time to write such civil and well thought out posts. Oftentimes I wonder, "how do they have the time to write such lengthy and well written posts?"

Finally, I would like to say that the whole experience of running a forum and debating with others has been enjoyable for me. And I look forward to the years ahead and seeing where this site will go.
Hi congratulations and more power to this site... let's look forward now to the 10,000th member who will register.... :D
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths,where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.Jeremiah 6 : 16

nikolayevich
Scholar

Post #3

Post by nikolayevich »

Whahoo!! :joy:

What a milestone indeed. It is true that many forums do not have the quality of civility that this one is blessed with, let alone solid numbers. I believe you have reached multiple goals to othis end, Otseng. The site is actually sustainable as a community. Even as a few were excited in the beginning, many more have joined and with equal or greater enthusiasm.

Congrats on your leading and direction to get it to this point! Cheers!

ST88
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by ST88 »

If only I'd bought shares when it was at 230. I'd be a zillionaire! #-o
=D>