How Did Muhammad Die?

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Burninglight
Guru

How Did Muhammad Die?

Post #1

Post by Burninglight »

Does anyone know who killed Muhammad? Some say Aisha and some say a Jewish woman did it with a poison. I heard he died a horrific death by poison. I would like to know a Muslim's point of view.

hamza abdulhakim

Post #2

Post by hamza abdulhakim »

Hello,
A few months after the farewell pilgrimage, Muhammad fell ill and suffered for several days with a fever, head pain, and weakness.[184] He died on Monday, June 8, 632, in Medina, at the age of 63, in the house of his wife Aisha.[186] With his head resting on Aisha's lap, he asked her to dispose of his last worldly goods (seven coins), then murmured his final words:

Rather, God on High and paradise.[186]
—Muhammad

He was buried where he died, in Aisha's house.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad#Death_and_tomb

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #3

Post by Pazuzu bin Hanbi »

He died with his face buried in ‘Aisha’s tits, then deep kissing her. Sahih Bukhari 5:59:730
لا إلـــــــــــــــــــــــــــه

hamza abdulhakim

Post #4

Is there anything of value in your post except that you try to tell me that you dont like the islamic religion very much?

Burninglight
Guru

Post #5

Post by Burninglight »

hamza abdulhakim wrote: Is there anything of value in your post except that you try to tell me that you dont like the islamic religion very much?
Yes, the truth that can lead you to eternal life. What I feel about Islam is irrelevant to that!

Pazuzu bin Hanbi
Sage

Post #6

Post by Pazuzu bin Hanbi »

Burninglight wrote:‹snip!› Islam is irrelevant ‹snip!›
Fixed :P.
لا إلـــــــــــــــــــــــــــه

Burninglight
Guru

Post #7

Post by Burninglight »

Pazuzu bin Hanbi wrote:
Burninglight wrote:‹snip!› Islam is irrelevant ‹snip!›
Fixed :P.
Lol, snip is right. I wanted to asked that guy on your avatar if his face hurts? Because it is killing me, lol

Burninglight
Guru

Post #8

Post by Burninglight »

Pazuzu bin Hanbi wrote: He died with his face buried in ‘Aisha’s tits, then deep kissing her. Sahih Bukhari 5:59:730
I heard he was poisoned. Muhammad wasn't very well liked. It could have been one of his wives or a Jewish woman

hamza abdulhakim

Post #9

Hello,
Burninglight wrote:
hamza abdulhakim wrote: Is there anything of value in your post except that you try to tell me that you dont like the islamic religion very much?
Yes, the truth that can lead you to eternal life. What I feel about Islam is irrelevant to that!
I'm sorry you misunderstood me there. I was not at all refering to your post, which was a very senseable question, but to the post of Pazuzu bin Hanbi.
I heard he was poisoned. Muhammad wasn't very well liked. It could have been one of his wives or a Jewish woman
It is correct that he was tried to be poisoned once by a jewish lady, but this was not cause of his death several years later. With regard to his being liked. He was much loved by his companions and his wives some of his enemies naturally didnt like him very much although lot of them had a kind of respect for him. Furthermore there is no historical basis for the view that he was poisoned by his wives and this view is mostly adopted for various political or theological reasons rather than historical ones.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #10

Post by Burninglight »

hamza abdulhakim wrote: Hello,
Burninglight wrote:
I'm sorry you misunderstood me there. I was not at all refering to your post, which was a very senseable question, but to the post of Pazuzu bin Hanbi.
It is correct that he was tried to be poisoned once by a jewish lady, but this was not cause of his death several years later. With regard to his being liked. He was much loved by his companions and his wives some of his enemies naturally didnt like him very much although lot of them had a kind of respect for him. Furthermore there is no historical basis for the view that he was poisoned by his wives and this view is mostly adopted for various political or theological reasons rather than historical ones.
i had he was poisoned by a leg of lamb. Other of Muhammads followes were with him they tasted it and realized it was tainted but didn't say anything because gtheir prophet was eating it ans enjoying it. Thery thought if it is goode enough for him it is for us as well. They died first but Muhammad got sick from it and didn't died right away, but he made comments such as "I feel as if my aorta was cut." He said that several times on different occassions. I seem to remmember hearing that from someone quoting an Islamic historian.