Christmas

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

tthttf

Christmas

Post #1

Post by tthttf »

Christ did not command His followers to observe or celebrate His birthday which probably occurred around late Summer or early Fall.

The early church did not observe or celebrate it.

Christians are followers of Christ and are not to obey/follow the commandments/traditions of men which was plainly stated by Jesus Christ in Mark 7.

Therefore, Christians should keep the annual Holy Days/Fesitvals/Observances listed in the Holy Scriptures found in Leviticus 23 and not get involved with worldly holidays such as Christmas.

tthttf

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: Christmas

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

tthttf wrote: Christ did not command His followers to observe or celebrate His birthday which probably occurred around late Summer or early Fall.

Christians are followers of Christ and are not to obey/follow the commandments/traditions of men which was plainly stated by Jesus Christ in Mark 7.

Therefore, Christians should keep the annual Holy Days/Fesitvals/Observances listed in the Holy Scriptures found in Leviticus 23 and not get involved with worldly holidays such as Christmas.

tthttf

The tradition of Christmas was actually stolen from the Pagan festivals of the Winter Solstice at Yule. Notice that a "tree" would have nothing at all to do with the rumors of Jesus. The Tree is a Pagan symbol representing the "Tree of Life" (not the tree of life from the Old Testament).

So the tree that has become the "Christmas Tree" was originally a Pagan symbol that had nothing at all to do with Jesus.

The Pagan did, however consider the Winter Solstice to be the rebirth of their God. So they did associate this period with the birth of God. But that's from a whole different spiritual paradigm that actually worships a Goddess as being the main deity and the God is born again every solstice.

The early Christians used these Pagan ideas to help spread Christianity by turning the birth of the God into supposedly being the birth of Jesus. But as you say, that was unlikely to have happened in the winter. In fact, the fables of the birth of Jesus in the New Testament have shepherds tending their flocks in the fields when the wise men came to supposedly bear gifts to the baby Jesus, and that would not have happened during the winter solstice.

So yes, you are right, the whole Christmas Holiday is actually a Pagan Holiday honoring a totally different religious paradigm. They are worshiping a newly born God that is reborn every year and is the baby of a Goddess who is the only truly eternal deity.

So the Yule celebration of the Pagans is indeed worshiping a totally different religious God than the Hebrews worshiped, and it really has nothing to with Jesus at all.

So all the Christians who celebrate Christmas will probably be cast into hell. :lol:

You'll have to pardon me for laughing about that. I don't honestly believe in hateful jealous Gods who cast people into hell fires, so I'm merely laughing at the irony of the fact that such a God would indeed need to cast these people into his hell for having disobeyed his commands, as you have pointed out.

They should be worshiping Leviticus, not Jesus! Jesus himself rejected the immoral teachings of Leviticus and was therefore the greatest heathen of all time.

I've moved over with the Pagans and I've decided to worship the Moon Goddess. She's a whole lot nicer than the evil God of Abraham, IMHO.

I've just finished a ceremony to welcome the newly born God into the New Year.

By the way, the actual Winter Solstice actually occurred on the 21st. So it's over already. The new born baby God has already been born several days ago. ;)

Armed Citizen
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Armed Citizen »

tthttf wrote: Christ did not command His followers to observe or celebrate His birthday which probably occurred around late Summer or early Fall.

tthttf
Well, as it be sayin there over to da left I ain't a religiously minded fellow. But, I happen ta agree, in a sense. See, what Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Wiccans or whomever so makes no sense ta me in the first place, but I recognize the religion wrapped up in a great many things.

I do not celebrate, Christmas, Easter, Halloween or anyother day that I find ta have a religious notion at its back or inherent in its celebration. I observe few holidays throughout the year. I just tend ta distance myself and my family from religion. So I dun think anyone but “pagans� should be observing Christmas as everything about it is derived from their many beliefs and Christ was just merely added as a sales pitch.

True Story.

:2gun:
:2gun: :usa: Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.
- George Washington :2gun: :usa:

Choir Loft
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Choir Loft »

tthttf
Sounds like the doctrine of the World Church Tomorrow. That cult has a lot of strange dogma. Are you attached to them?

No Christmas celebration? Tell that to your relatives. I'd like to learn their responses.

NO celebration of the birth of Jesus?
Do you celebrate your own birthday?

If you DO celebrate your own birthday and not that of Christ and if you also call yourself a Christian, then perhaps we are seeing a bit of hypocrisy leaking out.

If you DON'T celebrate your own birthday, please forward all gifts and monetary blessings to me. I can use them if you don't want them.

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...
Last edited by Choir Loft on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. AMERICAN REPUBLIC
[June 21, 1788 - October 26, 2001]

- Here lies Liberty -
Born in the spring,
died in the fall.
Stabbed in the back,
forsaken by all.

Choir Loft
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by Choir Loft »

Armed Citizen wrote:

tthttf
Well, as it be sayin there over to da left I ain't a religiously minded fellow. But, I happen ta agree, in a sense. See, what Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Wiccans or whomever so makes no sense ta me in the first place, but I recognize the religion wrapped up in a great many things.

I do not celebrate, Christmas, Easter, Halloween or anyother day that I find ta have a religious notion at its back or inherent in its celebration. I observe few holidays throughout the year. I just tend ta distance myself and my family from religion. So I dun think anyone but “pagans� should be observing Christmas as everything about it is derived from their many beliefs and Christ was just merely added as a sales pitch.

True Story.

I'd like to respond to your signature about firearms - since I got some ammunition for Christmas ;)

According to the FBI recent statistics, 50% more people were killed by blunt and sharp objects than firearms last year. If you have your carry permit (as I do), then you probably heard that in class.

For the benefit of those who are not interested in defending themselves, their homes and their loved ones (I'm glad I'm not related to you) the FBI also stated that TWICE as many people were murdered last year from fists and elbows and feet than from firearms.

Does that mean one has to have a Federally approved license to own and operate a baseball bat, knife, hands or feet?

I don't have statistics on motor vehicle deaths, but I assume that cars and trucks will not be soon outlawed.

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...[/b]
R.I.P. AMERICAN REPUBLIC

- Here lies Liberty -
Born in the spring,
died in the fall.
Stabbed in the back,
forsaken by all.

Choir Loft
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Choir Loft »

tthttf
I assume that you will lead by example and return all the gifts and Christmas bonuses* you got over the holidays.

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft.....

(*) Assuming you are one of the fortunate few who work for a boss that still gives Christmas bonuses.
R.I.P. AMERICAN REPUBLIC

- Here lies Liberty -
Born in the spring,
died in the fall.
Stabbed in the back,
forsaken by all.

Untraveled Trail
Student

Post #7

Post by Untraveled Trail »

The idea that one should only do that which was commanded by Jesus seems ludicrous to me. Very little of what we do in our daily lives was addressed in any way but we do them anyway and we have conveniently neglected to do the very things recorded by Matthew that he did command us to do... feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, clothe the naked, and visit the sick and imprisoned. Those who live in the United States are as a whole the world's wealthiest citizens but I see no rush to sell everything one has to give the money to the poor so that one can follow Jesus... And according to the gospel, those things were directly commanded by Jesus.
People seldom do what they believe in. They just do what's most convenient and then repent.

pmprcv
Apprentice

Post #8

Post by pmprcv »

Agreed.
Not agreed. First, that wasn't "plainly stated" in Mark 7. Unless you care to be more specific, I'll have to tell you that the part of that chapter reffering to human traditions has Jesus telling the pharisees that they do not worship God in their hearts and that their actions/traditions are therefore empty of meaning. Basically, Jesus tells us not to be hypocrites and to not put human traditions above God. In no way, shape or form does it "plainly state" that christians are not to obey the traditions of men.
Not at all. You see, Jesus Himself was known to set a precedent of celebrating holy days not comanded in the Old Testament. Furthermore, since there is no law to not celebrate other holy days than the ones in the Old Testament, we are allowed to do so. And the birth of God seems like a very holy day to me.

Finally, in catholicism, the Church's tradition is also holy - as in, as holy as the Bible. So while we know that Jesus probably wasn't born on the 25th of December, we still should continue to celebrate it - because tradition is also sacred.

Armed Citizen
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by Armed Citizen »

[Replying to post 5 by richardP]

Well I be happinin ta have me a lil card in my wallet that states I know how to go abut usin' my feet and hands as well (Krav Maga, Jeet Kun Do, Muay Tha)i. Dun own no bat and dun carry one neither, I do own an carry a knife so imma figurin it be a mtter of time fore the left says I can't be doin that none either.

I got me a licencse ta be arryin my 45 on my hip. An I be happy ta smile real nice at those lovely simpletons that freak out when they sees it.

Silly little people.

:2gun: :usa: Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.

Armed Citizen
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by Armed Citizen »

[Replying to post 7 by Untraveled Trail]

Well, not bein all that religious I might be a it off base here. But your comment pertainin to what the Bible aint coverin don't seem ta me to excuse what is covered. Aint the a bunch of verses statin to avoid the traditions of men, to abstain from the appearance of all evil, ta not be learnin the ways of them heathens and ta just generally follow your god's laws over the laws of men?

:2guns: