Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

Allahakbar
Banned
Banned

What do Muslims Think of Priests

Post #1

Post by Allahakbar »

I'm just wondering what Muslims think and feel about paedophile catholic priests, given the behaviour of their prophet?

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #2

Post by HaLi8993 »

What behavior of the Prophet (peace be upon him) are you referring too?

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Goat »

HaLi8993 wrote: What behavior of the Prophet (peace be upon him) are you referring too?
Think about his wife Ayesha,, where the marriage was commumated when she was 9.

“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #4

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ Goat
Great wisdom can be found in the marriage between the Prophet (peace be upon him) and Aisha, one of them being that she was able to grow to become one of the most learned and knowledgeable women to have memorized Hadith at such a young age with the ability of memorizing a huge amount of narrations by heart that we use today including narrations that no other companion would have known as she was his wife and was able to see and hear things that companions could not.

If it is the age that you have a problem with Goat then one needs to look into History to realize that people used to have very short life-spans in Arabia. So it was only normal and natural for girls to be married at the ages of 9 or 10 or similar. 

Furthermore when one looks further into history, the minimum age for marriage in the US-State of Delaware in year 1880 was 7. 

http://chnm.gmu.edu/cyh/primary-sources/24

So if anyone should be concerned, they do not need be, rather they should be more concerned about the western society that encourages and promotes sex  in almost every front, and other parts of the world where children are having babies at the age of 9 outside of marriage, and where children nowadays are being exposed to sex outside of wedlock, and where child ponography and molestation is prominent, where child sex slaves are on the rise and the rates of rape and murder are also on the rise.This is due to people not following God's laws and making things that are permissible by God unlawful, one example being the priests not being able to marry. Not only is this oppression but leads to what we are witness too and goes against what God has commanded. So what exactly in this legitimate marriage that even the enemies of Islam didn't have a problem with at the time do you seem to have a problem with Goat??

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by Goat »

HaLi8993 wrote: @ Goat
Great wisdom can be found in the marriage between the Prophet (peace be upon him) and Aisha, one of them being that she was able to grow to become one of the most learned and knowledgeable women to have memorized Hadith at such a young age with the ability of memorizing a huge amount of narrations by heart that we use today including narrations that no other companion would have known as she was his wife and was able to see and hear things that companions could not.

If it is the age that you have a problem with Goat then one needs to look into History to realize that people used to have very short life-spans in Arabia. So it was only normal and natural for girls to be married at the ages of 9 or 10 or similar.
I was merely pointing out what he was referring to. I tend to stay out of the morality of Mohammed consummating a marriage at 9. It's a complex issue, and I don't think it will ever be solved to everyone satisfaction in modern times. I do find the 'life expectancy in Arab countries are a lot lower' to not be a good answer for me to accept.

“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #6

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ Goat
I was merely pointing out what he was referring to. I tend to stay out of the morality of Mohammed consummating a marriage at 9. It's a complex issue, and I don't think it will ever be solved to everyone satisfaction in modern times. I do find the 'life expectancy in Arab countries are a lot lower' to not be a good answer for me to accept
I appreciate you trying to point out what he was referring too Goat, but I rather hear this from him, in order to be certain and not jump too any conclusions. There are many reasons why Muhammad (peace be upon him) married Aisha all of which is approved by the All-Mighty God and all of which reflect great wisdom. 

Allahakbar
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by Allahakbar »

I was merely pointing out what he was referring to. I tend to stay out of the morality of Mohammed consummating a marriage at 9. It's a complex issue, and I don't think it will ever be solved to everyone satisfaction in modern times. I do find the 'life expectancy in Arab countries are a lot lower' to not be a good answer for me to accept
I appreciate you trying to point out what he was referring too Goat, but I rather hear this from him, in order to be certain and not jump too any conclusions. There are many reasons why Muhammad (peace be upon him) married Aisha all of which is approved by the All-Mighty God and all of which reflect great wisdom. 
This Allah approves of paedophillia? Do you actually worship this god? Don't get me wrong the Jewish and Christian gods are as despicable and I don't understand worshiping them either.

HaLi8993
Guru

Post #8

Post by HaLi8993 »

@ 
This Allah approves of paedophillia? Do you actually worship this god? Don't get me wrong the Jewish and Christian gods are as despicable and I don't understand worshiping them either.
Again such statements are only made by those that are ignorant of the life of the Prophet (peace be upon him) including Islam and it's teachings.

This obviously cannot be referring to the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), as the prophet (peace be upon him) sure did not have low self esteem to have committed such an evil action, the prophet (peace be upon him) had hundreds and hundreds of followers and a person with low self esteem would not have been able accomplish what he did in his lifetime.

How can this be a just and true statement when the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was married to Khadijah the very first wife of the Prophet (peace be upon him) who was much older than he was! When he was twenty-five and she was forty when they got married. She was the first woman he married. She was the only wife he had till she died in which he had children with. 

If we look at the meaning of this word it is an adult who is sexually attracted to children. Was Aisha a child when the Prophet (peace be upon him) consummated the marriage with her?? Certainly Not!!! 

Therefore to answer your question your God does not accept paedophilia, in the contrary it is Islam that protects children from such evil actions and immorality and has laws in place to abide by in order to prevent such actions taking place. In fact one of the conditions of marriage is that a women must have reached the age of ability in order to consummate a marriage, furthermore women cannot be forced to stay in a marriage, whether previously married or not, by anyone without her consent, even if it is a father. 

So in order for your statements to be true you would need to prove that Islam:

1) Teaches or states that men can have sex with a child that has not yet reached physical ability to be able to bear intercourse. 

2) Islam teaches that one can be forced to stay in a marriage without her consent.

I worship the God of all, the Perfect, Absolute, All-Knowing and Wise God, that has given mankind the best system to follow for a prosperous and happy life in this world and the next. I adhere to the most beautiful of teachings  that the last and final Messenger (peace be upon him) came with as he was the best of examples in all avenues of human life and submit myself to God's commands as a Muslim and belief in One Monotheistic God without any partners or associates. 

I pray that God opens your eyes to the truth of Islam.

A Troubled Man
Guru

Post #9

Post by A Troubled Man »

Then, we'll never know whether it was Muhammad or Aisha who made up that stuff. That could explain many of the contradictions in the Quran.

A Troubled Man
Guru

Post #10

Post by A Troubled Man »

HaLi8993 wrote:
So in order for your statements to be true you would need to prove that Islam:

1) Teaches or states that men can have sex with a child that has not yet reached physical ability to be able to bear intercourse. 

2) Islam teaches that one can be forced to stay in a marriage without her consent.
The Quran permits pedophilia.

"And (as for) those of your women who have despaired of menstruation, if you have a doubt, their prescribed time shall be three months, and of those too who have not had their courses; and (as for) the pregnant women, their prescribed time is that they lay down their burden; and whoever is careful of (his duty to) Allah He will make easy for him his affair. Qur'an 65:4"