Our power, our intellect - The Powerlist of philosophers...

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Our power, our intellect - The Powerlist of philosophers...

Post #1

Post by Aetixintro »

The powerlist is now several places "on the Planet":
St. Anselm
St. Aquinas
Dr. Leibniz
Dr. S. Kierkegaard (of Denmark)
Lady Conway
Rev. G. Bruno
(Dr.) Plotinus of ancient Greece
Dr. René Descartes (Doctor philosopher, of Holland/Belgium/France) - author of "The Meditations", short too, please check it out (a bit difficult, not for children)

Two names more to remember which add strength but in a different way, ethically/theologically:
Hon. Rev./Dr. Thomas Paine (Dr. Arts/Philosophy)
Hon. Rev./Dr. L. Ron Hubbard (Dr. Arts/Philosophy outside US subversion, see his history, supporting university/general education)

Plus a bit on philosophy issues, the newly declared Utopias inside the field subjects:
Here are mine:

Ethics: Kantian (Neo-Kantian), Deontologist, Moral Realist, Ethical Objectivist, I'll include Cognitivist also so that it doesn't escape in it all (Thanks, kNoctis!)

Philosophy of Language: Artificial Language Philosopher, De Dicto - Propositional - Philosopher, Gricean in meaning theory

Epistemology: Foundherentist (Foundationalism by photons and other quants, you can also add time and space to this, although, by Smolin, I don't bother to support more than 4 dimensions, 3 space and 1 time) and Internalist Externalist Compatibilist

Philosophy of Science: Scientific Realist, Fallback strategy to heuristic Instrumentalism and Operationalism which both include Conventionalism, Formally: Phenomenologist

Forceful capacities in addition, by the Nobel Laureate List for Literature:
Immanuel Kant - Service: Craftsmanship, deep thoughts, system, explication
Rudolf Carnap - Service: System and program in Philosophy of Science
Carl Hempel - Service: Sound descriptions in Philosophy of Science
Karl Popper - Service: Falsification, sound work
Maurice Merleau-Ponty - Service: Strengthening of Phenomenology
Rene Descartes - Service: The showcase of meditation
Thomas Aquinas - Service: Fine work in the attempt to prove God's existence
Søren Kierkegaard - Service: Emphasis on ethics, morals, and life's important questions
Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz - Service: Explication of the Monads theory, display of good work in matters of good and evil
Gottlob Frege - Service: Great work in semantics, logic, and mathematics (much largely beyond my understanding at this point)
Democritus - Service: Making such work that it's still good 2400 years later
Euclid - Service: Classic work in geometry (should he be here?)
Edmund Husserl - Service: Initiation of phenomenology, sound work (I need to know more about this guy, but he has the benefit of doubt)
Jürgen Habermas - Service: Positive work, sound ethics
Ludwig Josef Johann Wittgenstein - Service: Important part of the Vienna Circle, some really good points
Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel - Service: System, dialectic (I dont' know him well, but include him)
Imre Lakatos - Service: Research Programmes in Philosophy of Science (damn, how could I keep forgetting him?)
Michael Polanyi - Service: Added elaboration to Philosophy of Science by Personal Knowledge and the importance of the knowledge that lies in the personal approach. The virtue of being passionate?
Bertrand Russell - Service: Principia Mathematica and the attempt to unite Logics and Mathematics
Alfred North Whitehead - Service: Principia Mathematica and the attempt to unite Logics and Mathematics and Process Philosophy, possibly
Paul Ricoeur - Service: Fine work in Philosophy of language
Jacques Derrida - Service: Fine work in Philosophy of language
Ferdinand de Saussure - Service: Fine work in Philosophy of language.
Alfred Tarski - Service: Logics
Kurt Friedrich Gödel - Service: Logics, Ontological Proof
- Despite countering the 2 Incompleteness Theorems, there is something else that speaks for Gödel and it is honesty and sincerety. That his work displays dedication.
Friedrich A. Hayek - Service: Best Philosophy of Economy! And there is no particular other either.
Ayn Rand - Service: General Philosophy. Straightness.

Pierre Duhem, not well known yet, has a "friend"-side too, by his religious stance and his paper that promotes "Le Bon Sens". That by this careful description he builds on former achievements, which is the right action. Either way, he is only marginally places on the "foe"-list, so there is no... The List isn't that serious, only that I want to mark my positions, also to the philosophers themselves, not only the positions. Fx. one thing is to say "Realism", but what about "Conventionalism" AND Poincare too? The names... Mind them, please!

This can save you a lot of reading! This also, by my suggestion, propels OUR SIDE straight to the top with no delay! Idiocy left far behind!

Cheers! :) 8-)
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Page 2 to go...

Post #2

Post by Aetixintro »

To page 2 to the above, on our way to the BEST, together:

Metaphysics: Interactionist, Solipsist and Quietist (there's a problem relating to the status of reality. I believe in God, being a deist, status of the mind effecting matter, the brain, taking part in the kingdom of ideas, and so on. I'd really like to put Realism in here, but I find it impossible because it's likely to cut me short), Free Will Philosopher, Truth Realist, Universalism and Particularism Compatibilist

Philosophy of Mind: Reductionist/Substance Dualist (It depends on the development of Standard Model in Physics)

Logics: Logical Realist

Philosophy of Mathematics: Mathematical Realist

Philosophy of Politics: Utopian, Activist, Welfare-Capitalist, Conservative, Multiculturalist (!), Secularist, Accordance Realist Pragmatist Idealist _with the all-important word Accordance!

Philosophy of Religion: Scientific Deist

Philosophy of Aesthetics: Kantian

Philosophy of Politics: Cosmopolitanist, Realist, Pragmatist, Idealist (maybe synonymous with Utopian), Patriotism

Philosophy of Law (as formerly written): Absolutist, Legislationist and Originalist (!)

Philosophy of Business: Minimalist (rather jokingly)

Philosophy of Science: Cumulative Growth of Knowledge Philosopher or Anti-Kuhn

Philosophy of Ethics/Ecology: Deep Ecology Philosopher

Philosophy of Law and Jurisprudence has more or less entered Utopia with the following to go:
Formalism - in Being Realist - Science Abiding
(inside book:) in tribulating the success of Formalism!
"Inner note": Formalism is to be known publicly:
Formalism - in Being Realist - Science Abiding
(inside book:) in tribulating the success of Formalism!
Formalism admits NO deficiencies to other aspects of Jurisprudence and Phil. of Law. Plus, Legal Reasoning Closure Principle Philosopher, legal reasoning, being valid, has to comply with logical entailment and that this is minimally the claim that it does, apart from the (many book) examples that it does.

Philosophy of Religion: Modern Christian, Moderate Christian, (Christian, but outside the state-Church of Norway since 2003 and unable to re-enter the un-state-Church of Norway in 2012 because of political turmoil rel. to the legal system/human rights violations.) Scientologist, Ecumenical Philosopher, Deist, (Deism & Christianity = compatible "with Bible belief intact", 10 Comm., the rest), All-Interpretationist (math. "union-U").

This should be all from me in suggesting a start or a beginning of investigation for you. You may have already started too, free to see fro yourselves, of course!

:) 8-) :D :P :-k
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!