COLLUSION OR CONFRONTATION?

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

Ukraine & Crimea - secret US/Russian cooperation?

Poll ended at Mon May 12, 2014 12:20 pm

yes
No votes
no
100%
Don't care
No votes

Total votes: 2

cl
Banned
Banned

COLLUSION OR CONFRONTATION?

Post #1

Post by cl »

Are Obama and Putin really opposed to one another or are they in bed together, figuratively and politically speaking?

I've been listening to stories from folks in airports across the country lately and almost all of them seem to think Putin and Obama are in collusion with one another regarding Crimea and Ukraine. I can't find any evidence for it, so I thought I'd put it out here for anyone to add their two cents.

Is this gibberish - bored talk from people just waiting for their time to board their flight? Or is there something to this rumor?

I don't know. Do you have something to add?

Haven
Guru

Post #2

Post by Haven »

Welcome to the forum, cl! Glad to have you here :).

I don't see any reason to believe there's collusion. How would Obama / the US benefit from destabilizing Ukraine, especially when partnership with Ukraine would be more profitable? This conspiracy just doesn't seem to get off the ground.
♥ Haven (she/her) ♥
♥ Kindness is the greatest adventure ♥

Redhawk
Banned
Banned

Re: COLLUSION OR CONFRONTATION?

Post #3

Post by Redhawk »

cl wrote: Are Obama and Putin really opposed to one another or are they in bed together, figuratively and politically speaking?

I've been listening to stories from folks in airports across the country lately and almost all of them seem to think Putin and Obama are in collusion with one another regarding Crimea and Ukraine. I can't find any evidence for it, so I thought I'd put it out here for anyone to add their two cents.

Is this gibberish - bored talk from people just waiting for their time to board their flight? Or is there something to this rumor?

I don't know. Do you have something to add?
If your neighbor mounted guns a foot from your house windows would you think he was your buddy?
If your neighbor hacked into your bank account and stole your money would you consider him a friend?
If your neighbor fell upon your brother , beat him up killed his wife and children and burned his house to the ground, would you do anything other than oppose him at every step?

In these hypothetical questions, read Russia as you and USA as the neighbor who has assaulted you. Look at the situation from Russia's perspective.

American tanks are parked on the borders of Russia. American bankers have seized and frozen Russian assets. American warplanes and terrorists on the ground attack Russia's allies - Syria and Iran. Is the Red army in Mexico and Canada ready to cross our borders? Has Russia seized American banks? Has Russia actively bombed and attacked our allies and sent terrorists against us?

There is ABSOLUTELY NO evidence whatsoever that America and Russia have made any special agreements on Ukraine or Crimea to benefit Russia.

Despite Russian posturing, their military is quite weak in comparision to US and China. The Russian economy is extremely volatile - teetering on the edge of collapse nearly every day.

The American military-industrial complex, financial cartel and intelligence community are actively working toward dismembering the Russian Federation.- and Putin knows it. Obama hasn't demonstrated any friendship toward any nation except Muslims.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...