Love and insurance

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

bluethread
Savant

Love and insurance

Post #1

Post by bluethread »

I know it is sales talk, but I heard a commercial that anyone who says that they love someone is lying if they do not have life insurance. Is this true? If so, how much insurance must one have to be honest in saying that they love someone?

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

So if you're too broke to buy life insurance does that mean that you are incapable of loving anyone? :-k
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by McCulloch »

If you believe the promises of the Bible, you have no reason to buy insurance.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

sf

Re: Love and insurance

Post #4

Post by sf »

bluethread wrote:I know it is sales talk, but I heard a commercial that anyone who says that they love someone is lying if they do not have life insurance. Is this true? If so, how much insurance must one have to be honest in saying that they love someone?
Enough to keep them out of trouble if something happens to the insured?
McCulloch wrote: If you believe the promises of the Bible, you have no reason to buy insurance.
Other Christians should help my loved ones if I die suddenly, but will they? I'm not confident about that because of the way people are these days :(

bluethread
Savant

Post #5

Post by bluethread »

sfisher wrote:
bluethread wrote:I know it is sales talk, but I heard a commercial that anyone who says that they love someone is lying if they do not have life insurance. Is this true? If so, how much insurance must one have to be honest in saying that they love someone?
McCulloch wrote: If you believe the promises of the Bible, you have no reason to buy insurance.
Other Christians should help my loved ones if I die suddenly, but will they? I'm not confident about that because of the way people are these days :(
Can you define trouble? Part of the problem is what is considered trouble. Many these days see having food, clothing, shelter and even a big screen TV is trouble. That said, I agree with you and McCulloch that the Scriptures say that caring for widows and orphans is the responsibility of the community. If everyone in the community set aside 10% of their income for that purpose, there would probably be little need for personal insurance.

sf

Post #6

Post by sf »

bluethread wrote:
sfisher wrote:
Can you define trouble? Part of the problem is what is considered trouble. Many these days see having food, clothing, shelter and even a big screen TV is trouble.
Right. Actually in my case, my loved one who is the beneficiary on my life insurance, is unable to work for herself and has a lot of health problems.
bluethread wrote: [That said, I agree with you and McCulloch that the Scriptures say that caring for widows and orphans is the responsibility of the community. If everyone in the community set aside 10% of their income for that purpose, there would probably be little need for personal insurance.
That's true. And even more importantly, would be the non-financial assistance that others can (should) provide.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by McCulloch »

sfisher wrote:
McCulloch wrote:If you believe the promises of the Bible, you have no reason to buy insurance.
You are not confident that God will supply the needs of the faithful? Or is it that you are not confident that your loved ones will be faithful?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

sf

Post #8

Post by sf »

McCulloch wrote:
sfisher wrote:
McCulloch wrote:If you believe the promises of the Bible, you have no reason to buy insurance.
You are not confident that God will supply the needs of the faithful? Or is it that you are not confident that your loved ones will be faithful?
Neither. God will ensure that the basic needs are taken care of: food, drink, clothing. But he has to work through stubborn free willed people, so not much else may be easily provided as far as comforts go.