More and more letters

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, intersex, and asexual discussion
Ancient of Years
Guru

More and more letters

Post #1

Post by Ancient of Years »

The alphabet keeps growing and that is a good thing. It simply reflects that while we are all different we are also somehow the same. For example I can be a straight male and not worry about what anyone else might be. Different strokes for different folks.

[youtube][/youtube]
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.

William Blake

Menotu
Scholar

Re: More and more letters

Post #2

Post by Menotu »

Ancient of Years wrote: The alphabet keeps growing and that is a good thing. It simply reflects that while we are all different we are also somehow the same. For example I can be a straight male and not worry about what anyone else might be. Different strokes for different folks.

[youtube][/youtube]
I don't think 'more letters' is a good thing at all. To me, the more 'letters' people want to use for themselves, the more it divides humanity.
It also, IMO, feeds the need for individuality on a social level (needing others' approval) instead of being content with who each person is.

We are all, pretty much, different. But we're still humans (well most of us anyway). What should matter most is not the letters we prescribe ourselves, but how we treat ourselves.