Who God, What God, When God, Where God and Why God?

Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

Taff Lafferty
Apprentice

Who God, What God, When God, Where God and Why God?

Post #1

Post by Taff Lafferty »

If a hundred different religions have to be wrong for yours to be right, does this show that people from all over the world like to invent gods that don’t exist?
Taff Lafferty

I see you

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

No. It just shows that I am very special in God's eyes. God loves me enough to make sure that I know the truth. O:)

God is blinding all those other people because they aren't worthy of his love. They could wise up and do the right thing, but clearly they just don't want to.

I'm going to heaven to be with Jesus. And after he's done casting all those horrible people who rejected him into his fiery furnace he's going to buy me a brand new Mercedes Benz because he loves me and I'm special to him. 8-)

I'll even get to meet Janis Joplin in heaven. I can hardly wait to die!
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Who God, What God, When God, Where God and Why God?

Post #3

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Taff Lafferty wrote: If a hundred different religions have to be wrong for yours to be right, does this show that people from all over the world like to invent gods that don’t exist?
Yes I believe so. I can invent a god today and I bet I could get someone, somewhere to worship it. Anyone can start up a religion (especially in America) all you need is a good idea and a couple of dozen gullible people. Something isn't right because other things are wrong (that's like sayinig that woman is my wife because all the millions of others are not); something is right because it is right. Truth is absolute, it doesn't become less likely because lots of things are not true.

If there is a one God it is more than reasonable that he would have one true religion; and that wouldn't change because there were a million false ones, it would just make it harder to find.

JEHOVAHS WITNESS
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Taff Lafferty
Apprentice

Post #4

Post by Taff Lafferty »

JW,

Is that what happened to the people around Charles Russell?
Taff Lafferty

I see you

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #5

Taff Lafferty wrote: JW,

I don't believe so no.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Taff Lafferty
Apprentice

Post #6

Post by Taff Lafferty »

[Replying to post 5 by JehovahsWitness]

But you believe it of others, but not your own organisation.
I don't want to sound rude but that just is wrong, it is arrogant and it is incorrect.

I notice when the thread you weave unfolds you leave the debate with a thank you and a wave goodbye, you don't handle criticism well.

Your cult within christianity is unweaving for many reasons, id gladly discuss in another thread
Taff Lafferty

I see you

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #7

Taff Lafferty wrote: But you believe it of others, but not your own organisation.
Yes that is correct.
Taff Lafferty wrote: ... that just is wrong, it is arrogant and it is incorrect.
It is your perrogative to believe so, but is it arrogant to believe something is wrong? After all, is that not what you are doing right now? Telling me that what I believe is "wrong" and "incorrect"? Or are you suggesting that YOU can tell someone that their beliefs are incorrect and NOT be arrogant but if I were to do the same thing I would be? Wouldn't such a position leave you open to accusations of double standards?

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #8

Taff Lafferty wrote: I notice when the thread you weave unfolds you leave the debate with a thank you and a wave goodbye, you don't handle criticism well.
I find your personal comment here about me both uncivil and insulting; further it assumes knowledge of my mind and emotions which you can't possibly have. To the best of my knowledge no poster is obliged to continue any exchange or respond to any post should they not wish to and I do not expect to be insulted should I exercise that perrogative.

Taff Lafferty wrote:
Your cult within christianity is unweaving for many reasons, id gladly discuss in another thread
Feel free to post the topic in another thread, I'm sure you will find someone at some point that will answer if they are interested in discussing this topic.

Best Regards,

JEHOVAHS WITNESS

Taff Lafferty
Apprentice

Post #9

Post by Taff Lafferty »

Moderator removed one-line, non-contributing post. Kindly refrain from making posts that contribute nothing to debate and/or simply express agreement / disagreement or make other frivolous remarks.

For complementing or agreeing use the "Like" function or the MGP button. For anything else use PM.
Taff Lafferty

I see you

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by ttruscott »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
Taff Lafferty wrote: JW,

I don't believe so no.
It is customary at this point in the conversation to offer a short list of the reasons you don't think this happened, eh?
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.