Would you shoot another Christian?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

postroad
Prodigy

Would you shoot another Christian?

Post #1

Post by postroad »

I was thinking about this from some of the discussions involving JW doctrine. The pacifist position is also shared with the faith based group in which I grew up. The Mennonites refused to participate in any wars. Some of the conversations that I remember revolved around the concept of picking up a gun and killing another believer who also was baptized and had the Holy Spirit. Of particular concern was the thought of dropping bombs on innocent families. They believed that God would never forgive such blasphemy. Any thoughts on the matter.

postroad
Prodigy

Re: Would you shoot another Christian?

Post #11

Post by postroad »

[Replying to post 9 by Youkilledkenny] Not to many here willing to admit they would kill another Christian for king and country.

Redhawk
Banned
Banned

Post #12

Post by Redhawk »

Youkilledkenny wrote: [Replying to post 1 by postroad]

In the chance of being unpopular, I wouldn't have a problem shooting most anyone if the situation was right.
Christians, I would think, would be on the more conservative side of the argue (meaning not wanting to shoot anyone), generally speaking.
But American Christians are a rare breed indeed so who knows
concept of picking up a gun and killing another believer who also was baptized and had the Holy Spirit.
Curious as to where this concept come from. In other words, why would someone think to do this?
American Christians are averse to picking up a gun and killing someone else? They most certainly are not opposed to it. Not at all.

Erik Prince is the founder of the worlds' largest mercenary army - Blackwater (blackwaterprotection.com). There are now many such groups, all of which are funded by the US government and approved by American Christians.

Mr. Prince is an American Christian of vehement fundamental ideals. He is a right wing conservative or what may more appropriately be called a Christian fascist. If there is such a thing as a fanatic American Christian Mr. Prince would qualify.

Other rabid Christians of recent years include Richard Nixon, who grew up steeped in Christian values but who ended up assuming that "if the President does it, its not illegal." Nobody in America is above the law it seems, except Christians in high office or in charge of their own army.

When Mr. Trump recently stated that America isn't innocent, he was understating history. American mercenary troops are guilty of war crimes as hideous as anything done by the Japanese or Germans during WWII.

Again, the Uniform Code of Military Justice prohibits American service personnel from criminal actions. Violation is subject to review and imprisonment.

Again, the US civilian mercenary armies are NOT subject to the UCMJ and are not answerable to anyone. They are EXACTLY like the Nazi brown shirts of Germany in the 1930's.

Good Christian Germans of their day were just as 'patriotic' as good Christian Americans today. We will kill and destroy anybody our government tells us to, even if its morally abhorrent and unjust in the extreme. A man is known by the company he keeps and American Christians are in lock step with murderers and liars. At the end of the day we congratulate ourselves and stand proudly before God in our churches and declare to the host of heaven what wonderful people we are.

but God will not listen to that....and God will not bless us for it....not any more....

God is not a fool, you know.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Wootah
Savant

Post #13

Post by Wootah »

Youkilledkenny wrote: [Replying to post 5 by Wootah]
Extreme pacifists seem to me to be relying on someone else to do the dirty work.
What constitutes an 'extreme pacifists' as use here?
Would this include a group of people and/or individuals?
What kind of upbringing would they tend to have?
My point was that extreme pacifism is only possible due to the less extreme pacifism of others.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #14

Post by JehovahsWitness »

postroad wrote: [Replying to post 9 by Youkilledkenny] Not to many here willing to admit they would kill another Christian for king and country.

Well I can only speak as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I wouldn't shoot anyone, much less a Christian. Jesus is my king and the earth is my country.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Youkilledkenny
Sage

Post #15

Post by Youkilledkenny »

[Replying to post 12 by Wootah]

So this would be the same as saying 'love only exists because of hate' - can't have one (or know one) without the other?

postroad
Prodigy

Post #16

Post by postroad »

[Replying to post 13 by JehovahsWitness]
This is interesting. But you wouldn't have a problem with Jesus coming in judgement and cleansing the earth of those in apostate christendom?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #17

postroad wrote: [Replying to post 13 by JehovahsWitness]
This is interesting. But you wouldn't have a problem with Jesus coming in judgement and cleansing the earth of those in apostate christendom?
No of course not, my King has my complete allegiance in for anything he does.

NOTE: By the time Jesus returns in judgement Christendom will no longer exist since its destruction (as part of the great whore of Babylon) precedes the former event. Thus there will nobody "in apostate Christendom" at the outbreak of Armageddon (the destruction of the wicked). All people atheists, hindu, Christian, muslim and Jehovah's Witnesses will be judged individually by God on their own individual deeds.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Youkilledkenny
Sage

Post #18

Post by Youkilledkenny »

[Replying to post 16 by JehovahsWitness]

You were OK with him drowning babies in the flood? Things like that are totally justified in YOP?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #19

Youkilledkenny wrote: [Replying to post 16 by JehovahsWitness]

You were OK with him drowning babies in the flood? Things like that are totally justified in YOP?
Yes entirely justified. Completely agree with what God did, good move.

JW

postroad
Prodigy

Post #20

Post by postroad »

[Replying to post 16 by JehovahsWitness] Will the anointed help with killing off apostate Christendom?