Hell's Immigrants

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

WebersHome
Guru

Hell's Immigrants

Post #1

Post by WebersHome »

According to Jesus Christ's testimony as a credible expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; most of the world's responsible souls haven't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of Sept 18, 2017 @ 11:36 pm New York Time, the resident population in the United States was approximately 325,908,667 with a death rate of approximately one every 12 seconds; which translates to an average of 7,200 American deaths of all ages, races, and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 5,234 of the current daily death rate per 24 hours are adults.

Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,670 American adults transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 111 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Christ didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think: by the time CBS completes its half hour evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 55 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,670 condemned souls per 325,908,667 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,422,223,068 people, would suggest something like 60,806 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,534 souls every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill the 51,800 seats of the new Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 20 hours and 44 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 02:44 am tomorrow, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher.

Christianity's hell never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, high school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes, storm surges, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, a mission to Mars, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, the price of oil, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, protests, Federal debt, factory recalls, outsourcing, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, LGBT marriage, Obamacare, blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, and/or President Donald Trump's tweets.

If Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson chicken-processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chic-fil-A, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.
_
Last edited by WebersHome on Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

WebersHome
Guru

Re: Hell's Immigrants

Post #311

Post by WebersHome »

Canadian folk singer Gordon Lightfoot released a sentimental song back in 1975 that speaks volumes about sympathy. Its lyrics are very touching. Here's a few that I feel especially appropriate when talking about things like sickness, death, and the hereafter.

Rainy day people always seem to know when it's time to call.
Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all.
Rainy day lovers don't lie when they tell 'ya they've been down like you.
Rainy day people don't mind if you're cryin' a tear or two.

I sometimes wonder how much sympathy one can expect in the fiery netherworld. I mean; sure they'll understand how we might feel about the unfortunate circumstances in life that led us down there, but once you're there, everyone's pretty much in the same boat and the others are all longing for sympathy too.

In point of fact, I'd not be surprised if the competition for sympathy down there is on the level of dog eat dog; and likely a fair number of sympathy hoarders demanding total market share of it. I can just hear their feigned indignity; like this:

"Oh, stop whining already! Don't be such a baby. I deserve a lot more pity than you. I've been down here for two millennia and you've only been down here for a decade. What've you got to cry about? You should be grateful that your time down here is shorter than mine."

I'd imagine that after a few years in that place the only sympathy that people can feel after a while is sympathy for themselves because nobody is getting out down there; they're all lifers so it's not unlikely that the only humanity that inmates pay forward in that place is misery.

Immigration Update: 2,154 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 130,976,124 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #312

Post by WebersHome »

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Few and Many are relative quantities regardless of their amounts.

For example; no matter how many people are represented by the great crowd depicted at Rev 7:9-10, their number will be less than the number of folk represented by the dead depicted at Rev 20:11-15.

In other words: the number of people ultimately saved will be less than those ultimately lost no matter how big or little their respective numbers turn out to be.

Immigration Update: 2,161 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 131,401,766 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #313

Post by WebersHome »

Education and/or a high IQ have their uses; but are insufficient when it comes to spiritual matters. In point of fact, too many smarts can actually be an impediment. Take for example Carl Sagan. Had his knowledge and his IQ been a spiritual advantage, then Carl would've stood on the side of intelligent design instead of opposing it.

It's tragic that Carl went to his grave with his curiosity and so many scientific questions about the cosmos unanswered, and to top it off, a day is coming when even Carl's pale blue dot will no longer be available for study.

"For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind." (Isa 65:17)

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away." (Rev 21:1)

Can you imagine how delighted Carl would've been to explore Heaven's libraries where everything to know that can be known about the cosmos is stored? But alas, Carl will never find out because he was at best an agnostic, at worst an atheist.

Immigration Update: 2,169 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 131,888,214 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #314

Post by WebersHome »

Rev 16:17-18 predicts a global earthquake so powerful on the Richter scale that cities all over the world will collapse at once.

Something like 2,829 lost their lives when the World Trade Center was demolished by a terrorist attack in 2001. Well that was only a few acres of New York City. Just imagine the body count when all of Manhattan comes down at once. along with other major cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, Mexico City, Paris, Moscow, Beijing, Tokyo, et al. The carnage will be beyond belief; and a great many of the dead will be infants and underage children.

The Bible says that we should consider not only God's benevolence, but also His severity. We're dealing with a someone far more terrifying than even the tyrants of North Korea, Communist China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and the awful regimes in Africa.

Immigration Update: 2,176 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 132,313,856 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #315

Post by WebersHome »

Years ago it wasn't unusual to be called a religious fanatic for believing the Genesis account of the creation of Man. Well; recently somebody online called me an ignorant bigot because I stand by the Bible's physical gender designations and refuse to accept the new political designations, e.g. transgender and non binary

Do they seriously think that the One who intelligently designed the cosmos-- all of its forms of life, matter, and energy --won't have the last word on their gender identity?

Ps 2:1-5 . . Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against The Lord, and against His anointed, saying: Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: The Lord shall have them in derision. Then shall He speak unto them in His wrath, and vex them in His sore displeasure.

Immigration Update: 2,184 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 132,800,304 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #316

Post by WebersHome »

When God is ignored; He can be expected to reciprocate.

Prv 1:24-33 . . I called you so often, but you didn't come. I reached out to you, but you paid no attention. You ignored my advice and rejected the correction I offered. So I will laugh when you are in trouble! I will mock you when disaster overtakes you-- when calamity overcomes you like a storm, when you are engulfed by trouble, and when anguish and distress overwhelm you.

. . . I will not answer when they cry for help. Even though they anxiously search for me, they will not find me. For they hated knowledge and chose not to fear The Lord. They rejected my advice and paid no attention when I corrected them. That is why they must eat the bitter fruit of living their own way. They must experience the full terror of the path they have chosen. For they are simpletons who turn away from me-- to death. They are fools, and their own complacency will destroy them. But all who listen to me will live in peace and safety, unafraid of harm.

Case in point is Mr. Esau.

"Esau, who sold his own birthright for a single meal. For you know that even afterwards, when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought for it with tears." (Heb 12:16-17)

The Greek word translated "repentance" basically means to change one's mind; viz: to reconsider.

Esau was secular to the bone. But he "got religion" right quick when he saw his way of life costing him the blessing; but alas, the poor slob was a day late and a dollar short; so to speak.

Lesson to be learned: The time for people to be giving Hell some serious thought is not when they get there, rather, before they get there.

Immigration Update: 2,191 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 133,225,946 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #317

Post by WebersHome »

John 3:16 . . For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The love in that passage is translated from a Greek verb that expresses compassion for the world without particularly liking anybody. In other words: that kind of love is civil and sympathetic but doesn't necessarily express fondness or affection.

FAQ: God in His wrath condemns folks to the fiery netherworld while at the same time feeling pity for them?

REPLY: God forbid that He be one to obstruct justice by letting His feelings overrule and/or outweigh the facts. No doubt God would rather be kind than cruel; but sometimes circumstances just won't permit.

Immigration Update: 2,197 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 133,590,782 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #318

Post by WebersHome »

Apple Computer co-founder Steve Jobs once said (in so many words) that people don't know what they want till it's shown them. Steve may not've been as proficient with electronics as his pal Woz, but I gotta say: Jobs was one heck of a promoter.

People penned up in the wrong side of the netherworld may or may not be fully aware of all they've lost. Many are doubtless aware of at least their loss of creature comforts; but I'm not so sure they know about the bulk of their loss because not even that many Christians are aware of all they've gained by their unity with Christ.

The "my church" spoken of by Matt 16:18 is very fortunate because it's a joint-heir (a.k.a. heir in common) with God's ranking son. (Eph 1:11 and Rom 8:16-17)

A joint-heir is different than a regular heir. Regular heirs are apportioned an individual percentage of their benefactor's estate. But joint-heirs inherit, not a percentage, but the entire estate, as community property, i.e. whatever the Father bequeathed Christ, that He also bequeathed everyone unified with Christ.

For example: supposing a benefactor's estate totals 60 acres of land, 18 gold bars, a fleet of antique cars, plus a hedge fund worth 12 million US Dollars; and he left it all to six heirs in common. In that situation; the heirs are corporately one beneficiary instead of six; viz: all six inherit all the land, all the gold, all the cars, and the entire fund as if each one were the only heir. (1Cor 3:21-22)

The extent of the Father's estate is astonishing. It encompasses not only all that is in Heaven, but also all in the entire universe, plus whatever pertains to the new cosmos spoken of in Isa 66:17, 2Pet 3:13, and Rev 21:1; and I don't know what else.

John 3:35 . .The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into his hand.

John 16:15 . . All things that the Father has are mine

Point being: folks stuck in perdition are wretched paupers in the afterlife, whereas those unified with Christ are wealthy and privileged beyond imagination.

Immigration Update: 2,202 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 133,894,812 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #319

Post by WebersHome »

FAQ: The Bible says that a Christian's life on earth terminates the day they come to faith in Christ; and from then on, God stops keeping a record of their sins. (Rom 6:3-7, Col 3:3, and 2Cor 5:19). What about the afterlife? What's to be done about the sins Christians commit there?

REPLY: They won't be committing any sins in the next life because of a special circumcision performed by an act of God per Col 2:11.

* It must be very devastating when folks below find out too late about that circumcision; and also when they find out too late about Jeremiah 31:31-34 and Ezekiel 36:24-27 which, according to the language, would've rendered them easily righteous enough to associate with God permanently.

Immigration Update: 2,209 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 134,320,454 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_

WebersHome
Guru

Post #320

Post by WebersHome »

Jesus sacrificed his life for the whole world; not just part of the world, rather; everybody
who has ever lived, and everybody who will ever live, down to the last born on Earth.
That says quite a bit about how Jesus feels about me.

He may not like me-- at all. In point of fact Jesus just may quite despise me, and
candidly declare that I am not the kind of people with whom he cares to associate.
Nevertheless, Jesus went to the cross for me too in spite of his disgust for me as a
person.

Now, as I said-- in so many words --Jesus may not be especially fond of me, but there's
no doubt in my mind that he at least cares for me. So I played upon his Father's
sympathies back in February of 1968 when I prayed a very selfish prayer that went
something like this:

"God; I know I'm a sinner. I would like to take advantage of your son's death."

Seeing as how Jesus gave his life for the whole world, then God couldn't very well
refuse my request; now could He.

Rom 5:6-8 . . Christ died for the impious. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous
man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God
demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Immigration Update: 2,214 days have elapsed since beginning the thread. If the figures in post No.1 are within reason, then something like 134,624,484 new arrivals have checked into the fiery sector of Hades since Sept 18, 2017
_