The JUDGEMENT POSTPONED

Dedicated to the scholarly study of the bible as text and the discussion thereof

Moderator: Moderators

ttruscott
Site Supporter

The JUDGEMENT POSTPONED

Post #1

Post by ttruscott »

7. JUDGEMENT POSTPONED

This category deals with some Scriptures which I feel have something to say about why GOD has not brought HIS enemies to judgement yet. Why the holy, all powerful, infinitely loving GOD still allows evil persons to exist in seemingly as much freedom as the righteous is probably the biggest mystery (apparent contradiction to some) in the mirky Christian view of things.

In other words, no one has really come up with an answer that the majority of Christians find acceptable [1: footnotes like this 1 are found at the end] for such questions as: why didn't GOD judge all the evil angels when they rebelled (why they were just put out of Paradise and left free to roam the earthly realms; why hasn't GOD judged the serpent?); and why hasn't Jesus returned to hold His judgement yet?

Well, pre-conception existence theology has an answer, to wit: that it was GOD's intention to judge all evil persons (which includes all the evil angels) at the very first opportunity (which took place over 5000 years ago) but that HIS judgement had to be postponed because of the unwillingness of some of HIS elect creatures to join HIM in this judgement and because of HIS unwillingness to condemn them for this rebellion along with the eternally evil ones.

Therefore, HIS judgement has and will continue to be postponed until all of HIS elect become willing to join HIM in it.[2]

Genesis 15:16 - But in the fourth generation they (the Israelites) shall come hither (to the Promised Land) again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full. Now, the thing that I'd like you to note is that Israel's return to the Promised Land had to be postponed. My first question is why did it have to be postponed? Was it because the iniquity of the Amorites was not yet full enough for their judgement? Okay, then my second question is who wasn't it full enough for?

It should be obvious to anyone who knows anything about the totally defiling nature of just one sin, that the Amorites were full enough in GOD's sight already.[3] So then, just who still looked on their iniquity as not being full yet, that is, as not being bad enough to warrant this judgement that had to take place before Israel's return?

According to pre-conception existence theology, there was a four generation postponement of GOD's judgement because the Amorites were not yet bad enough in the eyes of the Israelites for the Israelites to be willing to judge them according to the judgement decreed by GOD. Therefore, the Israelites became corrupt and had to stay enslaved in Egypt[4] until they became willing to judge them, that is, until the Israelites became holy (obedient) enough to see them all judged: men, women and children. (See Joshua 6:21; 8:26,27; 10:40[5])

Now, this judgement against the Amorites is typical of the judgement that has to take place before we can inherit the antitypical “Promised Land�, i.e., before GOD's people can enter into the truest millennium. According to pre-conception existence theology, this antitypical judgement has also been postponed, once again because the elect do not yet look on the iniquity of HIS enemies as being bad enough to warrant HIS eternal judgement and wrath on them. Therefore, we too have had to remain in Egypt[6], that is, outside of the “Promised Land� of heaven, still waiting until we become holy enough to have all of GOD's enemies (men, women and children, even the ones that look like little wee babies!) “killed�, that is, judged and forever exiled to hell.

Need I say more?[7]

Matthew 13:28 - He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto Him, Wilt Thou then that we go and gather them up? :29 - But He said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Whose fault was it that GOD's enemies got to do this mixing up? Was GOD too weak to stop them? Or are we to believe that this waiting had to be because GOD could not teach HIS angels to differentiate between HIS children and HIS enemies? (Are the angels blind too?) Surely we cannot believe that GOD was unable to bring about this separation because of some fault in HIM or HIS angels, right? Then, the fault that caused this mix up and delay must be in the wheat.

Hence, from this parable we should be able to see that the judgement of GOD has been delayed because the elect are not separate in spirit from the non-elect, and that for this reason they will have to live together until the tares can be gathered, that is, separated from the elect and burned[8] without any harm coming to any one of the elect.

Matthew 22:3 - And (HE) sent forth HIS servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come. :4 - Again, HE sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared MY dinner: MY oxen and MY fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage. In this parable we can see that the marriage (feast) was ready to take place, and would have, if those who were invited had come. But they would not, twice even!

Therefore it kept being postponed presumably until the time when it would be furnished with guests. Now since this marriage (feast) takes place before the judgement, then the judgement must also have been postponed, and if we look for a reason, it must be because the guests would not come (out from among HIS enemies) to the marriage feast. So once again we receive the witness that the judgement of GOD has been postponed because of the unholiness of HIS people, which means something theological I think.

Matthew 23:37 - O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Jerusalem went into political dispersion around 600 BC. Since that time they have never really ever been all together within their own country, under their own (Jewish) king.

Christ said that He had the solution to their big problem, to wit: His kingdom (regathering and sovereign protection). Moreover, He said that He had been ready to put His salvation into action many times previously. Unfortunately, His salvation-regathering was conditional and it would seem that they had never been willing to do their part. Therefore it had been postponed each and every time. Moreover, we can see that “Jerusalem� still was not willing to do its part.

Now I hope that you are also able to see that this little story is only typical of a much larger story that has a judgement in it.

Therefore once again we have a witness to the effect that GOD is ready to proceed with HIS judgement but that it has been postponed because of the disobedience, rebellion, unwillingness to leave the world and unholiness of His people (the reasons for why they would not).[9]

Matthew 25:34 - Then shall the King say unto them on His right hand, Come, ye blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. If the kingdom was prepared away back then, why will it take so much time for us to enter it? Perhaps it's because these things have been postponed since that time. According to pre-conception theology, this verse has a much fuller meaning than any other theology gives it, to wit: “prepared for you� means that we could have entered it way back when, like, even back when we used to think Adam and Eve had it.

Romans 9:22 - What if GOD, willing to show HIS wrath, and to make HIS power known, endured with much long-suffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction? This verse says that GOD was (is) willing to judge and prove[10] to HIS people that HE is the sovereign GOD, but that HE has to endure with much long-suffering the temporary abrogation of justice concerning those vessels doomed to wrath. In verse 23 (Romans 9:23 - And that HE might make known the riches of HIS glory on the vessels of mercy, which HE had afore prepared unto glory.) Paul gives a reason why GOD had to do this thing which he obviously did not like or want, that being so that HE could show all the elect the riches of HIS glory. This must include the fact that HIS way is so much better than any other way, and that HIS judgement is necessary, that it can not be abrogated if we are going to live in peace with HIM in HIS kingdom.[11]

According to the adherents of preconception theology, that is what you are supposed to be learning down here. That is what GOD wants you to learn from this life.

Now wouldn't you say that they match really well? This verse also presupposes that the vessels of wrath existed all during this time of postponement, for when we consider that the number of those who will be judged is a known and fixed number in GOD's omniscient sight, we must also realise that they all must have existed at the very first time HE was willing to bring them to judgement. This then constitutes another proof of their existence before their conception.

1 Peter 4:5 - Who shall give account to Him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead. If GOD is ready to judge them why doesn't HE do it????!!!! What in the world (hint hint) is stopping HIM if HE is ready? Something must be stopping HIM if HE is ready. Hence, we can see additional testimony that GOD's judgement has been and still is being postponed against HIS will.

2 Peter 3:11 - Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of GOD. In verse 12, “hasting unto� may mean “hastening the coming�, as the NIV has it, “speed its coming�. If this is true, then one can not help but wonder how it is possible that we can hasten the coming of the day of GOD's judgement? What part do we have in it? Well, may I suggest that if it was postponed because of our disobedience (unholiness), then we probably will have to repent of that disobedience and get into all holy conversation and godliness before it will happen.

Revelation 6:9 - And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar[12] the souls of them that were slain for the word of GOD, and for the testimony which they held: :10 - And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O LORD, holy and true, dost THOU not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?[13] :11 - And white robes were given unto every one of them: and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow-servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled. Well, from these verses we can see a few things...

First, some people were definitely holy, that is, the ones that had already been martyred. They were ready to go to the judgement.[14]

Second, we can see that GOD wasn't ready to go, even though HE is holy and true.

Third, we can see part of the reason why GOD wasn't ready to go, to wit: it was necessary that some more of GOD's children be martyred.

Now, the question that comes to mind is why did they have to be martyred? Why couldn't GOD hold HIS judgement right then and save them from all that torment and pain?

According to preconception theology, HIS judgement had to be postponed, that is, couldn't happen yet, because some of GOD's children were still unholy, that is, if HE held the judgement right then, they would be condemned too.

Therefore, HIS judgement had to be postponed until after they all were martyred, that is, made holy through martyrdom, because that's what it would take for them to become holy.[15] (Sense, reason and the Bible weren’t working for them and neither was GOD's love for them.)

Revelation 10:6 - And sware by Him that liveth forever and ever, Who created heaven, and the things therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer.

Someone in his commentary (#21) said: “The translation of this phrase in the AV (KJV) is very misleading: 'that there should be time no longer.'... What the angel announces is that there will be no more time intervening before the coming of the end. The consummation will be no longer delayed; the prayers of the saints (6:10[16]) are about to be answered.�

Well then, surmising that this comment is correct and that we have understood it correctly, we can see that this verse intimates that the judgement of GOD has been delayed, that is, that it was suppose to happen earlier but something stopped it. Do you still have any doubts as to the cause of this postponement? Could you be unwilling to let GOD vent his wrath (hurt to HIS utmost) and exile to the Lake of Fire and Brimstone forever, your "nice" but unfaithful, unholy, friend, baby,[17] child or partner?

Perhaps it would be good to remind you of

Matthew 10:34-37 - Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. He that loveth father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

---------------------------------------------------------

Notes for: 7, Judgement Postponed.

1 - I'm not saying that we haven't come up with any. There are some around, but none of them seems that easy to digest in the opinion of the vast majority of Christians.

2 - In other words, we haven't so much a war between good and evil as we have a war between GOD and HIS people, with the evil getting to beat on both of them. (Just the old divide and conquer routine. Works pretty good eh? One of the big keys to the devil’s successes on this planet has been his ability to keep the good people in the different countries divided, that is, against each other. He uses false priests to do it.)

3 - Like, when GOD finally judges the world, HE is going to condemn “a lot of people who are not near as bad as the Amorites were.�

4 - Or wandering in the wilderness, if they'd been freed from Egypt.

5 - Joshua 6:21 - And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword. Joshua 8:26,27 - For Joshua drew not his hand back, wherewith he stretched out the spear, until he had utterly destroyed all the inhabitants of Ai. Only the cattle and the spoil of that city Israel took for a prey unto themselves, according unto the word of the LORD which HE commanded Joshua. Joshua 10:40 - So Joshua smote all the country of the hills, and of the south, and of the vale, and of the springs, and all their kings: he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the LORD GOD of Israel commanded.

6 - Or, wandering in the wilderness, if we've been converted.

7 - Undoubtedly!!!!

8 - Any tares in your immediate area that need gathered up and burned? They have all had over 5000 years to repent you know. Do you really think that they will change their mind if we give them a few more years? Or will they just use the time to poison and destroy the Earth some more?

9 - It sort of looks like some still don't believe Him about which is the better place to be.

10 - Not necessarily for the first time!

11 - Many put forth another interpretation to the effect that the riches of HIS glory means HIS power and justice. This interpretation is not valid because, first, as stated in Romans 1:20: For the invisible things of HIM from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even HIS eternal power and GODHEAD; so that they are without excuse:, HIS power has been known since the beginning; and second, because of the fact that a perfect system of justice does not need a criminal in order to be perfect. Even if one is unwilling to accept this fact, one must still accept that a system of justice which needs a criminal in order to be perfectly appreciated, still does not need more than one criminal.

Hence, GOD would have to put only one person in hell for us to have the complete appreciation of the riches of HIS glory.

12 - Altars are for altering things.

13 - Notice that they didn't ask “why�, just “how long�.

14 - It's also interesting to note that they did not get their white robes before this (like when they became converted or went up to heaven). They got them only after they had made this saving confession of faith unto holiness.

15 - Like, how many times have you prayed the prayer of holiness? Will you have to be martyred first? I believe quite a few Christians think that there will be a lot of martyrs in the last days. (Needless to say, they don't get to preach very often.) If they're right about it, what do you think your chances are of escaping it? Well, I'll tell you: if you're not willing to be holy, they are exactly zero! Hell's angels are coming for you!

16 - Revelation 6:10 - And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O LORD, holy and true, doest THOU not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

17 - Of course GOD wouldn't judge your baby if it had just been created but, if it has been in existence as a spiritually knowledgeable, sinning, unrepentant satanic person for over 5000 years, HE just might eh?
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #11

Post by ttruscott »

puddleglum wrote: The problem with the OP is that it is based on the belief that all of us existed before our physical existence. There is absolutely no Biblical basis for this belief so whatever else the OP says if false.
You can only claim there is no biblical support for this topic by ignoring the 17 verses I just proposed in support. In the Members Notes section [viewtopic.php?t=30413] on just the first page I quote ç40 scriptures that can be used to support PCE and there are two more pages just as scripture intensive.

In post #3
ttruscott wrote: I list the 117+ verses I tend to use to support and defend my theology. On the other hand, I have never been answered when I have challenged any believer to find even one verse that slightly hints or suggests that PCE is impossible...not one time in years of asking.

I can guarantee you can read every verse on this list and not find one reference to PCE ...because all your understanding of scripture is tied so firmly to orthodoxy, it can see no possibility of any other interpretation. On the other hand, I can articulate why I find PCE in these verses and how they relate to doctrine. None are proof verses but then so little is ever proven by any sect when they interpret a verse to support their position whether it is Calvinistic, Arminian or Catholic.

Here is my apology for why PCE is so hard to notice at first glance without prayerful study as found in post #1 of my Notes, footnotes can be read in that place
ttruscott wrote::

John 16:12, Jesus said: I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit, when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth.

Hence, Jesus knew some truth that He was unable to disclose to us, and He also knew that this truth would someday be disclosed to the Church. In other words, Jesus knew that the Church was going to receive a new revelation in the future. So now, this being the case, I ask: would not GOD bear witness in Their Word to a revelation that They intended to give in the future?

Well, I think They would (because They've done it this way before) and if so, then wouldn't a person like Paul (who had gone to heaven and learned the whole truth) most likely be under some leading from the Holy Spirit to bear witness in his writings to these hidden heavenly truths so that, when it was time for their public disclosure later on, there would be some scriptural attestation to them?

Like, what if you had a secret that was not going to be told to the Church until the far distant future, and you knew that those persons who would receive that disclosure were going to have a hard time with it, as GOD's people have always had with every new revelation, fighting against the weight of orthodoxy and long held traditions as proof, and you knew that those people would revere your writings, wouldn't you put in something which would support the revelation when it would be made known?

Probably you would, and if you would, probably Paul would too right but, at the same time, both you and Paul would not put it in, in such a way as would disclose the secret ahead of time would you? No, the testimony would have to be hidden somehow so that it remained a secret until the right time. Therefore, you would hide the testimony in your writings, knowing that, until the time of the revelation, your readers would not really understand what you had written, and that would they make up interpretations which would not be entirely true.[2]

Now, if this be a reasonable way of looking at this secret heavenly theology of Paul, we must also realise that many of the other writers of Scriptures were probably in the same position, that being, knowing the same theology which they also were not able to disclose, that is, knowing the same secrets which had to remain secret for a long time, but at the same time, under leading to give a testimony in their writings to the truth of the new revelation for the sake of the recipients of the revelation in the days to come.

Now, truly this would be a hard thing to accomplish, but not impossible by any means, for by the Spirit of GOD, we can do all things, Philippians 4:13. I simply can not over emphasise the importance of realising this duress that most of the writers of the Scripture were under. It is very important to realise that they knew about our pre-conception existence but were forbidden to testify to it in such a way as would disclose the general knowledge of it before GOD's time.

Your experience in reading the Bible should also bear witness to this idea of some hidden theology in the Scriptures, for whenever you read them, don't you always feel that the writers knew a lot more about things than you do, yet doesn't it often seem that they are keeping things back? Don't you often feel that they were not making things half as clear as they could have, if they'd have wanted to? Doesn't it seem that they did not want you to understand fully,[3] and doesn't this seem to be true of every Scripture writer, not just a couple?[4] It must, if you're studying them at all!

So, for those who would like to take the time necessary to do the work of searching the Scriptures regarding this doctrine, I present the verses I do which witness to our pre-conception existence, along with some others which I feel make a lot more sense when they're interpreted in light of this doctrine.

Now, being that hardly anyone has searched the Scriptures in light of the pre-conception view, these Scriptures have rarely been interpreted this way before. Therefore, it stands to reason that such an exegesis[5] of these Scriptures will be new and that it will be fairly unique, that is, that almost all the other interpretations of the same Scriptures will be different.

In other words, any verse that conveys the idea of pre-existence has rarely been interpreted this way before because almost every exegete[6] automatically looks for a different interpretation when they read such a Scripture. This being the case, a mere list of Scriptures will not constitute proof of scriptural support for this doctrine but, to provide such proof, such a list will have to be accompanied by an in-depth exegesis of the said Scriptures. Providing such a list without the accompanying new exegesis would only tend to prove to its searchers that this doctrine had no scriptural support, simply because they would tend to interpret the Scriptures that supply proof of our pre-conception existence, in much the same way that everybody used to interpret the Scriptures regarding the Christ King.[7]

Now then, most people are going to find some of these verses difficult.[8] Therefore, I suggest that you not enter into them lightly,[9] but that you prepare yourself to spend some time in some focused thinking and searching of the Scriptures.[10] Without this preparation and commitment, I doubt that you will be able to understand what I am trying to say, and if you can not understand what I am saying, how can you possibly inherit the blessings that only accompany such understanding?[11]

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #12

Post by ttruscott »

puddleglum wrote: The problem with the OP is that it is based on the belief that all of us existed before our physical existence. There is absolutely no Biblical basis for this belief so whatever else the OP says if false.
So, do you want to tell us how these verses DO NOT tell us the judgement has been postponed and what they mean instead? Your blanket statement doesn't really tell us your answers....

puddleglum
Sage

Post #13

Post by puddleglum »

[Replying to post 11 by ttruscott]
Hence, Jesus knew some truth that He was unable to disclose to us, and He also knew that this truth would someday be disclosed to the Church. In other words, Jesus knew that the Church was going to receive a new revelation in the future. So now, this being the case, I ask: would not GOD bear witness in Their Word to a revelation that They intended to give in the future?
This promise was fulfilled in the revelations he gave to Paul and to the other writers of the New Testament.
His invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.
Romans 1:20 ESV

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #14

Post by ttruscott »

puddleglum wrote: [Replying to post 11 by ttruscott]
This promise was fulfilled in the revelations he gave to Paul and to the other writers of the New Testament.
Good morning puddleglum,
still trying to keep me honest" eh?

Please consider why I beleive the revelation of the Messiah, His death and resurrection do not fulfill all the scriptures of a new revelation:

Daniel 12:9 And he said, Go thy way Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. 10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand.

From 12:9 we can see that the disclosing or unsealing of the angel's words (12:7) will not happen until the time of the end.

Therefore, we can say with assurance that this verse bears witness that there will be an unsealing, disclosing or revealing at the time of the end. Therefore may I once again suggest that, in the end times, we will be given a new understanding, that is, a revealing of that which has been sealed previously.

I also suggest that because the verse says that it is the wise who shall understand, some in-depth study might be required to understand the new disclosures, that is, that these new revelations will not be blinding visions of light, but that they will most likely appeal to our reason. Stated another way, they will be doctrinal, that discipline that requires so much discipline.

John 16:25 These things have I (Jesus) spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs*, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

*Leon Morris(#4) commenting on this word, says: “It can mean parables, but it is also used of a variety of clever sayings of one kind or another. There is often the implication that the meaning does not lie on the surface, but must be searched for and thought about."

Which time was Jesus referring to? Was He speaking of a time more in the future (say like this time)? Well, if it was a time more in the future, then He would be referring to a future doctrinal revelation, would He not? I guess that one way to tell the time of its fulfilment is to ask ourselves whether we (that is, our educated commentators) yet plainly know of the Father, or whether we do not have it so plainly yet? In other words, do we understand the Bible plainly, or does it yet speak to us in proverbs?

Well, we could argue about it for some time, so maybe it would be good to call in a mutually acceptable authority on the subject. Let's look at what Paul had to say regarding the plainness and clarity of the New Testament vision of the truth of the NT era of Christianity:

1 Corinthians 13:9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see through a glass darkly: but then face to face: now I know in part, but then shall I know even also as I am known.

Grosheide(#5), remarks in his commentary: "Our seeing in this dispensation is in a mirror darkly. The mirror in antiquity gave a very poor image (2 Corinthians 3:18). Seeing something through a mirror only was not seeing the reality. It was like considering a riddle, which makes one wonder what one really sees. Our vision is hampered by a twofold darkness, {ie, a cloudy image plus it is backwards}, and hence it is in part. We are unable to determine what in our vision is precisely lacking, for if we could we would have freed ourselves of the imperfection of the mirror.

The only thing that can be said is that our Lord reveals in a figure which is formally perspicuous that we, when we see {now}, have not reached perfection. Our {present} vision is not untrue, but it is imperfect as to its degree. When perfection has been reached, we shall see face to face, ie, we shall with our eyes {of our understanding} look straight into the face of things {reality}; there will be nothing between us and the things {like GOD's face}." {brackets contain my thoughts}

Revelation 10:8 Then the voice that I had heard from heaven spoke to me once more: "Go, take the scroll that lies open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land."

9 So I went to the angel and asked him to give me the little scroll. He said to me, "Take it and eat it. It will turn your stomach sour, but in your mouth it will be as sweet as honey." 10 I took the little scroll from the angel's hand and ate it. It tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned sour.

Very interesting, no? As a sign of the last days, a "scroll" or KJV "little book," a diminutive form of the Greek biblos or in English, bible.

So 'book' or 'scroll' denotes writing to me so I suggest that eating is a metaphor for reading the scroll and is used so we can get the analogy of sweetness and bitterness/ sour taste into the metaphor.

To continue with the thought would take us to: I read the words on the little book and at first I thought they were very wonderful and gratifying (sweet) but later as I dwelt upon their meaning, I found them hard to digest, (sour in my stomach), that is, hard to accept in their full meaning. This leads me to consider that in the last days a new revelation will be learned that at first seems great but then makes us scared or dismayed as we learn its implications.

In the context of the next verse: 11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings. this person who read and studied until he understood the words in the little book must go out and be a prophet from the Lord, probably teaching us the words/ideas/revelation of the little book.

Since we all know the warnings of Rev 22:18: For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: ... I'd also suggest that this new revelation is probably more correctly called a new understanding of a previous revelation similar to the way we got a new understanding about the Messiah from Jesus and the Apostles.

So I guess we of the end times had all better be open to a theological explanation of God's reality about the Church and/or the world, one that is different from all previous explanations we have been taught during the first, pre-end times, era of Christianity.

Might not such an occurance put the Churches in the position of the Pharisees, stuck on their old understandings of the theology of the scriptures and rejecting the new understanding written in the little book?

It is funny that people say "it is not in the scriptures" when they really mean "I was never taught an understanding of the scriptures in this way."