Debates on Christianity, Creation vs Evolution, Philosophy, Politics and Religion, Ethics, Current Events, and Religious issues

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 1: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:51 am
When did I last post?

Like this post
I know nothing of programming, so take this with a grain of salt. But one deterrent from returning to threads that have gotten pretty long is I can't recall or find when I last commented.

Something which enabled me to open a thread and (like a bookmark) immediately find my last place would be amazing.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 2: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:27 am
Re: When did I last post?

Like this post
[Replying to post 1 by liamconnor]

I agree, this would be a cool feature.

Liam, if you are willing to do some manual 'book keeping' it is possible to kind of do this yourself. I concede this is a bit laborious, but:

After you make a comment, you can hit the "Quote" or "Reply" button as if you were going to reply to yourself. Copy and paste the URL at the top of the editing box into your own spreadsheet/notepad file/etc. You will probably want to make a comment about what the topic is so you can know the context for each link.

Later, you can copy the URL from your local method of storage and just paste it into your browser's address bar and you will go straight to your comment. Actually, depending on which application you stored your link in, you may be able to simply click the link and it will open a browser and take you there.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 3: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:03 am

Like this post (1): Divine Insight
I just go to my profile, go to my list of all the posts I made, and scanning for the first instance of a post I made in the thread in question. Since I'm usually only looking for posts I made recently, it'll be in the first few pages.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 4: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:58 pm

Like this post (2): Neatras, benchwarmer
OK, see if this works for you. In the top right of a thread, click on "Jump to your last post".

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 5: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:09 pm

Like this post
Oh cool!

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 6: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:26 am

Like this post
otseng wrote:

OK, see if this works for you. In the top right of a thread, click on "Jump to your last post".

Awesome! Nice work otseng!

And great suggestion Liam!

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 7: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:13 am

Like this post
I still only see quote, reply and !

Duhhh, because I haven't posted in this topic before...sigh.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 8: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:25 am

Like this post
[Replying to post 7 by ttruscott]

Look above that to the right. It'll still show up if you have not posted. It'll go to the last post if you have not posted in the thread.

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 9: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:24 pm

Like this post
[Replying to post 8 by otseng]

Cool

Goto top, bottom
Post BBCode URL - Right click and save to clipboard to use later in post Post 10: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:48 pm

Like this post
This is helpful because I, too, can never remember what I posted where or when. I expect some people think I'm purposely ignoring them when, in reality, it's just that I've forgotten the conversation altogether! Smile

Goto top, bottom

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  
Facebook
Tweet

On The Web | Ecodia | Hymn Lyrics Apps
Facebook | Twitter