Jesus will say, "I never knew you."

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

inthevoid
Student

Jesus will say, "I never knew you."

Post #1

Post by inthevoid »

In Matthew 7:21-23, the Bible claims that Jesus will say to the people in the last day that he 'never knew them' in regards to people who are false followers of Christ.

My question is, how is that so?

According to Christians, Jesus is supposedly God, yet God will not know who he speaks to on the last day?

Psalms is littered with scripture mentioning that God knows all things in man and his heart(Psalm 44:21, 94:11, etc). Even in Luke 12:7, it mentions that God knows the exact number of hairs on all our heads.

So how is it that on the last day God will say he 'never knew you' when it clearly shows that he does?

Perhaps this just proves that Jesus is not God at all? Perhaps Jesus was just a servant sent only as flesh?

inthevoid
Student

Re: Jesus will say, "I never knew you."

Post #21

Post by inthevoid »

[Replying to post 19 by Tart]

I think it is unfortunate that you bypassed what I wrote in the first post.

I showed you scripture of examples where God knows what man has planned and what is in his heart.

Bypassing other people's points to set up your own is unfortunate indeed. I can only advise you that, that is a bad practice.

inthevoid
Student

Post #22

Post by inthevoid »

ttruscott wrote:
inthevoid wrote: So how is it that on the last day God will say he 'never knew you' when it clearly shows that he does?

Perhaps this just proves that Jesus is not God at all? Perhaps Jesus was just a servant sent only as flesh?
...or perhaps there are two uses of knowing here: the knowing all about someone as their creator and the knowledge of a love relationship which is echoed in the reference to the sex act as a knowing, especially when it is used as foreknowing: Romans 8:29 For whom HE did foreknow, HE also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of HIS Son. HE obviously knew everyone due to being their creator but only the ones HE foreknew (ie, knew before) are predestined to be conformed to the image of HIS Son.

To say HE never knew some people is to say that HE never entered a relationship with them, probably because they refused such a relationship.
Are you saying here that God has to have sex acts with you to enter into a relationship? What does sex have to do with it? Please explain.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #23

Post by ttruscott »

inthevoid wrote: Are you saying here that God has to have sex acts with you to enter into a relationship? What does sex have to do with it? Please explain.
For you to make up this obviously wrong conclusion to my words puts you beyond the pale...
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

inthevoid
Student

Post #24

Post by inthevoid »

[Replying to post 23 by ttruscott]

Okay. Well that answers that. You've come in here mentioning sex acts with God and now you are pleading innocence.

Good to know.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #25

Post by Tart »

inthevoid wrote: [Replying to post 19 by Tart]

I think it is unfortunate that you bypassed what I wrote in the first post.

I showed you scripture of examples where God knows what man has planned and what is in his heart.

Bypassing other people's points to set up your own is unfortunate indeed. I can only advise you that, that is a bad practice.
Well i fully believe God knows everything about us. I think the scripture you used is accurate, God know everything...

I just dont understand how you arrive at an literal interpretation that Jesus didnt know of these people, literally...

Which i dont even think you believe your own interpretation... If Jesus literally didnt know these people, how can he reference them at all?

It seems to me, to be an irrational interpretation that is a self-contradiction... We cant even come to the conclusion that Jesus never knew them, on your interpretation, because he is referencing them...

The only think that looks incoherent here is interpreting this scripture, the way you are suggesting to interpret it...

Unless, you can explain yourself... You dont think this is kind of irrational?

inthevoid
Student

Post #26

Post by inthevoid »

Tart wrote: Which i dont even think you believe your own interpretation... If Jesus literally didnt know these people, how can he reference them at all?

It seems to me, to be an irrational interpretation that is a self-contradiction... We cant even come to the conclusion that Jesus never knew them, on your interpretation, because he is referencing them...
Sure. There are plenty of people who claim to know others but truly do not. These people are called charlatans. Many of them worldwide, not exclusive only to evangelical pastors.

These people are what you call frauds or liars.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #27

Post by Tart »

inthevoid wrote:
Tart wrote: Which i dont even think you believe your own interpretation... If Jesus literally didnt know these people, how can he reference them at all?

Sure. There are plenty of people who claim to know others but truly do not. These people are called charlatans. Many of them worldwide, not exclusive only to evangelical pastors.

These people are what you call frauds or liars.
So are you suggesting Jesus knows these people, but doesnt know them intimately? Or soemthing?

inthevoid
Student

Post #28

Post by inthevoid »

Tart wrote: So are you suggesting Jesus knows these people, but doesnt know them intimately? Or soemthing?
I am suggesting Jesus doesn't know them intimately but only knows them from happenstance by seeing them before sometime in his life. Knowing how someone looks aesthetically does not mean you know them intimately.

Thus God only knows all humans intimately and aesthetically. Jesus does not. Thus Jesus is not God.

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #29

Post by Tart »

inthevoid wrote:
Tart wrote: So are you suggesting Jesus knows these people, but doesnt know them intimately? Or soemthing?
I am suggesting Jesus doesn't know them intimately but only knows them from happenstance by seeing them before sometime in his life. Knowing how someone looks aesthetically does not mean you know them intimately.

Thus God only knows all humans intimately and aesthetically. Jesus does not. Thus Jesus is not God.
hmmm... Well i see how i misinterpreted this post.... I dont believe Jesus is God... But the Son of God... The verses you reference of knowing everything is that of God...

For example "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."~Jesus

I dont agree with the premise of this debate, and i over looked it...

Tart
Banned
Banned

Post #30

Post by Tart »

Shoot perhaps the verse you referenced about Jesus never knowing someone is true.. Maybe Jesus literally didnt know them, but I take this verse as having an intimate relationship with Jesus for salvation.
Last edited by Tart on Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.