Ways to religious views...

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Ways to religious views...

Post #1

Post by Aetixintro »

I've been thinking about ways to all religious views, including the negative viewpoint of Atheism.

According to Soren Kierkegaard (Søren Kierkegaard) it evolves like this:
From childhood and up
1. Aesthetics
2. Ethics and morality
3. Religious level at the very top!

See more about them here at Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stages_on_Life%27s_Way.

So I'm thinking that children who grow up harmoniously are likely to enter Theism (religion) and some type of Humanism rather than clearcut Agnostics (where they abandon religion) and Atheism.

There is this serious worry about all the corruption in the World and whether it drives people into Agnostics and Atheism by making people hurt too much, harming people too much, the Problem of Evil converting Theists and Humanists to (Atheistic) Agnosticism and Atheism.

Do people agree that Theism and Humanism are generally sustained through life despite all adversity and that (Atheistic) Agnosticism and Atheism are views that are picked up as consequence of a corrupt and criminal World that darkens people who follow (Atheistic) Agnosticism and Atheism?

Under this, I'd like to point out the serious issue of criminal personality conversion causing personality disorder and this very dark mentality, also when 2 innocent children ("white eggs theory", 2 or more, one egg against another by the masters of abuse, torture) are abused beyond their ability to be able to take more abuse, that they crack up and starts to try to kill one another given a chance to do so. Thus, darkness of personhood caused by attacks on people's beliefs.

What do you think?

Note: Problem of Evil on Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil.
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

Divine Insight
Savant

Re: Ways to religious views...

Post #2

Post by Divine Insight »

Aetixintro wrote: Do people agree that Theism and Humanism are generally sustained through life despite all adversity and that (Atheistic) Agnosticism and Atheism are views that are picked up as consequence of a corrupt and criminal World that darkens people who follow (Atheistic) Agnosticism and Atheism?
I totally disagree with this statement. And I know for a fact that it doesn't apply to me, my sister, and many other atheists and agnostics. In fact, I've seen also that it clearly does not apply to many atheists I've seen posting on these boards, because they have made it clear that they have not become atheists due to the reasons you assume.

For both myself and myself, we have simply recognized the obvious fallacy of Christianity which is the religion we had both been born and raised into. I think it's also important to point out that neither myself or my sister had any problem with our actual church, pastors, or people within the congregation. We didn't reject Christianity due to the behavior of anyone who calls themselves a "Christian". We have both come to simply recognize that the Biblical narrative simply cannot be true as it is written.

So your assumption that atheism and agnosticism are the result of seeing some sort of darkness in the world is clearly wrong in our case, and in the case of many other atheists and agnostics I have come to know.

Moreover, I feel a need to address the following due to your grossly misleading ideas of these concepts.

Atheism

Atheism itself is not a belief that there is no such thing as a God. It's simply a recognition that there is no evidence for the existence of any imagined entity of this sort. Compelling arguments for the existence of an invisible creator God are simply nonexistent. There is absolutely no compelling argument for this concept.

It is true that some (perhaps even many) atheists also happen to be Secular Materialists. In other words, they have actually been convince that there is no God of any kind at all. So they actually believe that there is no God. My sister is a Secular Materialist. While I myself am not a Secular Materialist I do not rule it out as a possibility, and I also have to agree that all the evidence does indeed point in that direction. So I certainly see Secular Materialism as being a very real possibility and perhaps even the most likely truth of reality. I simply reject the idea that Secular Materialism as been confirmed to be truth.

Agnosticism

Agnostic simply means "without sufficient knowledge to answer the question at hand".

Because of this I must remain agnostic with respect to the overall question of whether our reality may have some mystical or spiritual essence beyond which we are able to detect. I cannot rule that out, but at the same time I cannot rule it in. A Agnosticism means, I simply do not have sufficient knowledge to answer this question with full confidence.

However, what agnosticism doe NOT mean is that I'm totally clueless about everything and have no idea what's going on at all. I can definitely rule out all of the Abraham religions (which I have). I know with great confidence that all forms of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are all necessarily false as their Holy Fables are written. They simply cannot be true because they are self-contradictory and make utterly absurd and outrageous claims about their God that cannot possibly be true with any sense of consistency.

So even though I may be agnostic with respect to the true nature of reality in general, I am not agnostic when it comes to the Biblical God anymore than a Jew, Christian, or Muslim is agnostic when it comes to Zeus and Greek mythology.

I am as certain that Jesus and Yahweh are nothing more than man-made fantasies as a Christian is certain that Apollo and Zeus are man-made fantasies.

I reject Christianity because it's clearly false. Period.

~~~~~~~

As to the world being a dark place. I never thought of the world as being a dark place. Although in light of current political actions begin engaged by the President of the USA that is starting to change. But this is all very recent. I was actually quite optimistic concerning humanity and the future of the world during the Obama Presidency. I saw things moving in a very positive direction at that time. However, today with the current Trump administration I see humanity being dragged down into a cesspool of ignorance and corruption that appears to have the potential for great destruction to humanity and the world. So this does concern me.

~~~~~~

Finally, even though I am certain that the Bible cannot be true as it is written, if I were a Christian who believed in the Bible I would absolutely suspect that Donald Trump may either be the anti-Christ of Christianity, or a tool of the anti-Christ.

The fact, that any Christian can continue to support this immoral president is beyond me. And why Christians aren't speaking out against this president just totally eludes me. They would be extremely hard-pressed to find a more anti-Christ-like figure.

Yet Christian communities continue to support this president in large numbers. So I don't think much of the impact this religion has on people. Apparently it doesn't teach them anything about moral values at all. That much is blatantly obvious.

~~~~~~

By the way, I'll be more than happy to put my moral values up against the moral values of any Christian any day. In practice, when I do this I see the Christian holding extremely bigoted views against various groups, including groups of any religion not of their own. Christian even degrade and belittle other Christians of other sects and denomination. So I see no moral values in Christianity.

As Mahatma Gandhi famously said. “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.�

IMHO, truer words were never spoken.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]