Evil in the heavenly realms

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

postroad
Prodigy

Evil in the heavenly realms

Post #1

Post by postroad »

All authority was given to Jesus according to his recorded conversation. He also said that Satan had been cast out. Another text has the rebellious angels chained in hell.

Paul has them still in the heavenly realms.

Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Yet Jude indicated that spiritual powers still inhabiting the heavenly realms and were due proper veneration.

Jude 8-10 New International Version (NIV)

8 In the very same way, on the strength of their dreams these ungodly people pollute their own bodies, reject authority and heap abuse on celestial beings. 9 But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for slander but said, “The Lord rebuke you!�[a]

Peter has these entities under the authority of Jesus.
Ok
1 Peter 3:22
who has gone into heaven and is at God’s right hand—with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.

Paul claims that through Jesus himself all these came into being.

Colossians 1:15-17 New International Version (NIV)

The Supremacy of the Son of God
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

How can anyone claim that these powers act against the very thing that created and sustains them?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Evil in the heavenly realms

Post #2

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 1 by postroad]

The bible indicates God has given all his intelligent beings free will and allowed them time to exercise that will as they so wish. Sadly like some humans, certain spirit creatures (angels) have chosen to rebell against divine standards.

Divine judgement awaits all who misuse their free will.

JW

RELATED POSTS

Why would someone rebel against the Almighty?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 945#338945
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

postroad
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by postroad »

[Replying to post 2 by JehovahsWitness]

Free will to do what? What will I be punished with and for?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #4

postroad wrote: [Replying to post 2 by JehovahsWitness]

Free will to do what?

Free Will do do as they please within the limits imposed by the supreme ruler of the universe. Satan and the demons have already been judged as being unworthy of continued existence and await their execution for having rebelled against his sovereignty (Genesis 3:15).

JW
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

postroad
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by postroad »

[Replying to post 4 by JehovahsWitness]

That's a bit of a non answer?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #6

[Replying to post 5 by postroad]

I'm sorry I misread - I just realized you asked about you personally not Satan. The OP was about Satan and the demons in the heavenly places and the change of focus from events in the spiritual realm to yourself caught me off guard.. I am not God I don't know if you will be punished at all; I'm not in any position to comment about your personal destiny.

I cannot go beyond what is written. It is not my place.

JW

postroad
Prodigy

Post #7

Post by postroad »

[Replying to post 6 by JehovahsWitness]

I assumed you included mankind with the intelligent beings?

I was wondering what mankind in general was to freely choose from?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #8

postroad wrote:

I was wondering what mankind in general was to freely choose from?
Well I didn't say choose from anything, I said God has left his creatures the exercise of free will, in other words (within certain constraints) they can do as they please. All humans will eventually be faced witb the simple choice of submitting to God's rule or not, and it will be on that basis all humanity will be judged, but that is a future event.

As I said Satan and the demons are already condemned.

JW

NOTE All posts I write represent my personal faith based beliefs as one of Jehovah's Witnesses

liamconnor
Prodigy

Post #9

Post by liamconnor »

[Replying to post 1 by postroad]

Through the creation of freewill. All the authors of the Bible are painfully aware of this tension.

Not sure why you are not.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by ttruscott »

JehovahsWitness wrote: I said God has left his creatures the exercise of free will, in other words (within certain constraints) they can do as they please.
imhCo
As long as they are constrained by restraints their will is NOT free, no matter how much they can do as they please.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.