The Christian apologist adheres to these nine fundamentals:
- 1. The Christian god certainly exists.
2. The Christian god is the sole creator of the entire cosmos, and this creation clearly demonstrates his existence as well as his purpose, intelligence, and goodness.
3. He has also revealed his intentions to humanity in a collection of books known as the Bible.
4. That Bible has no errors in it, or if it does, then those errors are trivial and are to be blamed on human error.
5. Jesus Christ is the son of the Christian god and is a divine or semi-divine being who walked the earth in the early first century.
6. God and Christ were and are always right in both a factual and moral sense. They cannot err or do anything evil in any way.
7. All people are guilty of sin and cannot be righteous due to their own goodness but must seek righteousness from Christ.
8. Christian faith grants the Christian eternal life in paradise, and all those who are not granted this eternal life will either be annihilated or suffer eternal torment in hell.
9. Unbelievers are willfully blinded to these truths by sin so none of their criticisms of the basic truths of Christianity can be correct.
So if you debate Christian apologists, you can expect those apologists to hold to these fundamentals. Regardless of what reason or evidence you present to them, they will not waiver these claims.