Does God have needs - ANY needs?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Cmass
Guru

Does God have needs - ANY needs?

Post #1

Post by Cmass »

Does God have ANY wants or needs of any kind?
Does He need you? Does he want you? Does he need or want your respect? Does he want you to go to heaven? Does he need any followers? What if every human simultaneously decided he was a bit of an unpredictable tyrant and dumped him as their God? Would this piss him off? Why/why not? Did he create you because he had a need to create you or did he create you just because it happened?
If God has a plan, and the plan has yet to be fully realized then does God have a need for this plan to be realized or does he really care?
A need is an unfulfilled requirement or want - a craving to fill a void. It can be physical as in hunger or emotional or spiritual - whatever.

franknhonest

Post #2

Post by franknhonest »

God doesn't need anything, or anyone. Certainly he didn't need me, or want me, otherwise he would have saved me.

Cmass
Guru

Post #3

Post by Cmass »

Well, apparently God did not want/need/like my post either. I expected this to be a big topic and thus far only one person. I might have to widdle the OP down a bit.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: Does God have needs - ANY needs?

Post #4

Post by McCulloch »

Cmass wrote:Does God have ANY wants or needs of any kind?
It seems to me that the Christian God has a pathological need to have his existence validated and to be loved and adored. Why would the creator of the universe even care if the beings he created believed in him? Given that he does care, why is the evidence so evasive?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

methylatedghosts
Sage

Post #5

Post by methylatedghosts »

God needing or wanting something implies desire for something. If god was perfect (as christianity would have us believe), he would not need or want anything. Therefore, god is either perfect and doesn't want or need anything, or he isn't perfect, and needs and wants things
Ye are Gods