Did God restore Israel in 1948?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

dad1
Under Suspension

Did God restore Israel in 1948?

Post #1

Post by dad1 »

Israel must be back in the land in the end time according to the bible. Some people suggest that God brought them back, and that they are now fulfilling prophesy such as the desert blooming like a rose etc. Can anyone support that idea? Several denominations do make such claims.

In the end, after the remnant repents and Jesus returns, is when God restores believing Israel to the land. Not, as far as I can tell, in 1948. So, there are good bible teaching preachers that seem to think otherwise (Jack Hibbs, Behold Israel, Jan Markell, James Kaddis, Bret meador, etc etc). The thread is for someone to support their claims. In other threads I have not seen this done yet.

TheHolyGhost
Banned
Banned

Re: Did God restore Israel in 1948?

Post #91

Post by TheHolyGhost »

dad1 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:38 pm Did God restore Israel in 1948?
No

Savant

Post #92

Post by 1213 »

TheHolyGhost wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:44 pm
No
Why do you think so?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #93

Post by JehovahsWitness »

1213 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:32 am
No
Why do you think so?
I have to agree I don't believe God played any part in the establishment of the political state of Israel. All human governments are manmade institutions and while God tolerates them and allows them to function, no individual State represents him or his souvereignty today.

The descendants of Abraham lost their priivileged spiritual standing when they rejected their own Messiah and now if individuals (regardless of nationality) want God's approval they must associated themselves in worship of the True God with "the Israel of God" namely born again, spirit anointed Christians.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

TheHolyGhost
Banned
Banned

Post #94

Post by TheHolyGhost »

1213 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:32 am
No
Why do you think so?
Why do I know so?
I know God.

Savant

Post #95

Post by 1213 »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:24 am I have to agree I don't believe God played any part in the establishment of the political state of Israel. All human governments are manmade institutions and while God tolerates them and allows them to function, no individual State represents him or his souvereignty today.

The descendants of Abraham lost their priivileged spiritual standing when they rejected their own Messiah and now if individuals (regardless of nationality) want God's approval they must associated themselves in worship of the True God with "the Israel of God" namely born again, spirit anointed Christians.
Interesting. By what I see, God also sets earthly kingdoms, like Israel.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #96

1213 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:47 am

I dont know what you mean by "sets" but the only government that was actively established by God as a divine state was ancient Israel. Today all governments (including the modern day political state of Israel) are simply tolerated by God, no more than that. By permitting them to exist human governments are there by "by divine permission" (which is why Chritians are obliged to obey them and refrain from participating in movements to overthrow them) but none of them have divine backing or represent his rulership and he plays no active part in their establishment or fonction

WHY DOES GOD ALLOW WORLDLY GOVERNMENT TO EXIST?

Human society cannot fonction without some kind of leadership. Governments and rulership ensure a measure of law and order without which God's people would find it difficult to carry on their ministry. For example, the Roman "pax romana" established relative peace and stability, built road across the known world, developed sanitary and water sytems and had a legal system to ensure a degree of justice for its citizens. Early Christians used all these things and to their benefit. This is was true for Paul,and first century Christians and is still true today.

THE WORLD'S GOVERNMENTS ARE UNDER THE CONTROL OF THE DEVIL

Ultimately all the governments of the world are set up and controlled by Satan the Devil. He can and has used the rulers of this world to cause terrible human suffering and persecute, even kill God's people throughout the ages. The bible prophecies that God's tolerance of such things has a limit and Daniel prophecied that God will eventually destroy Satan and "break up the works of the Devil" including destroy all human governments.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

Why is Satan called "The God of this world"?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 23#p901623

In what sense does Satan "rule the world"?
viewtopic.php?p=1068633#p1068633

Has God allowed Satan to act without any restaints?
viewtopic.php?p=1096974#p1096974

Has Satan been unable to mislead the nations since Jesus earthly ministry?
viewtopic.php?p=1024782#p1024782

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #97

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

dad1 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:38 pm Israel must be back in the land in the end time according to the bible. Some people suggest that God brought them back, and that they are now fulfilling prophesy such as the desert blooming like a rose etc. Can anyone support that idea? Several denominations do make such claims.

In the end, after the remnant repents and Jesus returns, is when God restores believing Israel to the land. Not, as far as I can tell, in 1948. So, there are good bible teaching preachers that seem to think otherwise (Jack Hibbs, Behold Israel, Jan Markell, James Kaddis, Bret meador, etc etc). The thread is for someone to support their claims. In other threads I have not seen this done yet.
Joel 3:1 is with reference to the "revival" of Judah/Jews and Jerusalem, and then comes the judgment upon the nations (Joel 3:2). Then comes the gathering of Israel/Ephraim from the nations (Ezekiel 36), and them getting a new heart and Spirit. Ezekiel 37 tells how Judah and Ephraim will be reunited on the land given to Jacob/Israel. Right now, the lost tribes of Israel/Ephraim remain "scattered among the nations", and Jerusalem has only been partially revived. The Muslims control the Dome of the Rock. The end doesn't come until the LORD will gather all the nations/Gentiles against Jerusalem (Zech 14:2). Apparently, the UN (nations) are set on persecuting the Jews/Judah, and the nations/Gentiles are coming against Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:2). Judah will fight and win (Zech 14:14) and the king will rule from Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:16). The Gentiles will be sold into slavery (Joel 3:8), and their gold will be gathered for Judah (Zech 14:14). The "end of the age" (Mt 13:30) is when the angels/reapers gather the wicked/tares "first" and then throw them into the fire. The "fire"/"furnace of fire" is the "day of the LORD", or also known as the great tribulation, or often called Har-Magedon. Those who escape/survive, are those in Jerusalem and on Mount Zion (Joel 2:31-32).

Savant

Post #98

Post by 1213 »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:33 pm
1213 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:47 am
I dont know what you mean by "sets" but the only government that was actively established by God as a divine state was ancient Israel. Today all governments (including the modern day political state of Israel) are simply tolerated by God, no more than that. By permitting them to exist human governments are there by "by divine permission" (which is why Chritians are obliged to obey them and refrain from participating in movements to overthrow them) but none of them have divine backing or represent his rulership and he plays no active part in their establishment or fonction
I meant this scripture, because i think in this case, nations are the same as kingdoms, even if they are not with a king.

And He made every nation of men of one blood, to live on all the face of the earth, ordaining fore-appointed seasons and boundaries of their dwelling,
Acts 17:26

I don't think the state of Israel would exist today without God supporting it. This doesn't men God necessary support everything they now do.
JehovahsWitness wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:33 pm
Human society cannot fonction without some kind of leadership. Governments and rulership ensure a measure of law and order without which God's people would find it difficult to carry on their ministry. For example, the Roman "pax romana" established relative peace and stability, built road across the known world, developed sanitary and water sytems and had a legal system to ensure a degree of justice for its citizens. Early Christians used all these things and to their benefit. This is was true for Paul,and first century Christians and is still true today.
I think all the good things in the world, are possible also without government. And without the governments leeching, they could be cheaper.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #99

1213 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:09 am
I don't think the state of Israel would exist today without God supporting it.
Why do you say this? Where do you perceive Gods support in the State of Israel?
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #100

DOES ACTS 17 REFERENCE GOD ENDORSING THE WORLD'S POLITICAL RULERSHIPS?

Answer: No. Paul is nit indicating God supports any secular /political state.
ACTS 17 :26

And he made out of one man every nation of men to dwell on the entire surface of the earth, and he decreed the appointed times and the set limits of where men would dwell
And he made out of one man every nation of men to dwell on the entire surface of the earth ... MEANING: God created humans see GENESIS 5:2 And he made out of one man every nation of men to dwell on the entire surface of the earth,

and he decreed the appointed times MEANING: God has set limits on the timetable for the progressive accomplishment of his will for humanity* ; ie. God determines when certain changes should occur

and the set limits of where men would dwell: MEANING: The Most High is responsible for the existence of natural boundaries such as rivers, lakes, seas, and mountains, which determine where people live.​

* The ancient nation if Israel under its divenly appointed Kings such as King David, did figure in the outworking of God's purpose.