.....Seeing/entering the kingdom of God
.....Getting eternal life
.....Not dying in one's sins
.....Not perishing
.....Surely living, not dying

is the same as salvation

1. HAVE FAITH
Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith.

2. BELIEVE IN JESUS
Acts 16:31
And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

3. CONFESS THAT JESUS IS LORD AND WAS RESURRECTED
Romans 10:9-10
if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

4. BE BAPTIZED
1 Peter 3:18-22
For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you

5. REPENT AND BE BAPTIZED
Acts 2:38
“Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

6. BELIEVE AND BE BAPTIZED
Mark 16:16
Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

7. BE BORN AGAIN
John 3:3
Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.

8. HAVE FAITH
Ephesians 2:8-10

9. WORK AND SEEK
Romans 2:6-8
He will render to each one according to his works: to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life;

10. BELIEVE JESUS IS THE "I AM HE"
John 8:24
I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”

11. BELIEVE IN JESUS
John 3:15-18
That whoever believes in him may have eternal life.

12. REPENT
Luke 13:3
No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.

13. REPENT AND BE BAPTIZED
Acts 2:38-39
And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

14. CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD
Acts 2:21
And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.’

15. RELY ON YOUR SAVIOR'S MERCY
Titus 3:4-5
But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

16. DO THE WILL OF GOD
Matthew 7:21
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

17. (for the wicked) TURN FROM YOUR SIN, DO WHAT IS RIGHT, RETURN WHAT YOU HAVE STOLEN, AND WALK IN THE STATUTES OF LIFE
Ezekiel 33:14-19
Again, though I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ yet if he turns from his sin and does what is just and right, if the wicked restores the pledge, gives back what he has taken by robbery, and walks in the statutes of life, not doing injustice, he shall surely live; he shall not die.

. Image

Savant

Re: What's with all the choices?

Post #2

Post by 1213 »

Miles wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:22 pm .

ALL YOU NEED DO TO BE SAVED IS TO PICK 1 OF THE 17 OPTIONS BELOW...
Where do you get the idea that salvation depends on picking only one of those? :D

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #3

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Choice is good; I believe God wants the maximum number of people to be saved so if He has given a wide variety of choices to people how to do that, I wouldn't necessarily see that as being problematic.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Miles
Savant

Post #4

Post by Miles »

1213 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:32 am

Where do you get the idea that salvation depends on picking only one of those? :D
Because they come from god.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
"All Scripture is given by God. And all Scripture is useful for teaching and for showing people what is wrong in their lives. "

so they must be a true: a fact.

Proverbs 30:5-6
"Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, lest he rebuke you and you be found a liar."

And because nothing more is added to any of them each stands alone as a way to salvation.

Savant

Post #5

Post by 1213 »

Miles wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:16 pm

"All Scripture is given by God. And all Scripture is useful for teaching and for showing people what is wrong in their lives. "
"Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, lest he rebuke you and you be found a liar."
And because nothing more is added to any of them each stands alone as a way to salvation.
Do you not see the contradiction in what you say? First you tell there is several scriptures about the matter and then you claim they each stand alone, because nothing more added? Obviously they all should be kept and none of them rejected. And if you understand them correctly, there is no problem between the scriptures.

Miles
Savant

Post #6

Post by Miles »

1213 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:22 am
Miles wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:16 pm

Do you not see the contradiction in what you say? First you tell there is several scriptures about the matter and then you claim they each stand alone, because nothing more added? Obviously they all should be kept and none of them rejected. And if you understand them correctly, there is no problem between the scriptures.

So, you believe that in order to be saved you need to have:

.........FAITH
PLUS BELIEVE IN JESUS
PLUS CONFESS THAT JESUS IS LORD AND WAS RESURRECTED
PLUS BE BAPTIZED
PLUS REPENT AND BE BAPTIZED
PLUS BELIEVE AND BE BAPTIZED
PLUS BE BORN AGAIN
PLUS WORK AND SEEK
PLUS REPENT
PLUS CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD
PLUS RELY ON YOUR SAVIORS MERCY
PLUS DO THE WILL OF THE LORD
PLUS TURN FROM YOUR SIN, DO WHAT IS RIGHT, RETURN WHAT YOU HAVE STOLEN, AND WALK IN THE STATUTES OF LIFE, whatever they are? What are the STATUTES of life anyway? Name four.

Good grief, get real man. This is down right silly, If all of them are required to be saved why wouldn't god simply list them all in a single place or two rather than scatter them among 10 books of the Bible? Is god just being cute, or simply being outright difficult because he enjoys watching people struggle? If your contention is true, having read some of the things god has done I have to believe he enjoys watching people struggle.

Savant

Post #7

Post by 1213 »

Miles wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:40 pm ...
So, you believe that in order to be saved you need to have: ...
...If all of them are required to be saved why wouldn't god simply list them all in a single place or two rather than scatter them among 10 books of the Bible?
I would rather say, I believe what exactly is said in the scriptures. I think you cut corners too hastily and change what is actually literally said in them.

Miles
Savant

Post #8

Post by Miles »

1213 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:34 am
Miles wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:40 pm ...
So, you believe that in order to be saved you need to have: ...
...If all of them are required to be saved why wouldn't god simply list them all in a single place or two rather than scatter them among 10 books of the Bible?
I would rather say, I believe what exactly is said in the scriptures.
As ridiculous as it is? Okay.

I think you cut corners too hastily and change what is actually literally said in them.
"Cut corners"? What corners did I cut?

What did I change from what is written?

I gave you chapter and verse for each one. Look them up if you think I misquoted, keeping in mind that various translation don't always agree on wording.

PLUS, I'm still waiting for your explanation of what the "STATUTES of life" are, and to name four of them.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #9

Post by Purple Knight »

Miles wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:22 pm 7. BE BORN AGAIN
John 3:3
Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.
One or two of these seem to explicitly fall under the category of necessary rather than sufficient.

But, uhm...
Miles wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:22 pm14. CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD
Acts 2:21
And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.’

16. DO THE WILL OF GOD
Matthew 7:21
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
:chew:

Savant

Post #10

Post by 1213 »

Miles wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:24 pm What did I change from what is written?
You said: "in order to be saved you need to have". If we look for example the first issue, it says:

1. HAVE FAITH
Ephesians 2:8-9

It is not the same as "in order to be saved you need to have".