What is "Worship"?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

What is "Worship"?

Post #1

Post by William »

Generally when the phrase "Worship God" is expressed, the idea of what that means is reflected in the image above.

Is there any underlying agreement which can be identified to answer the question "What is Worship of God?"?

otseng
Savant

Re: What is "Worship"?

Post #41

Post by otseng »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #40]

Moderator Comment

Technically, this is a one-liner response. So, some additional explanation would be suggested.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

William
Savant

Post #42

Post by William »

So, for now there is no identifiable underlying consensus as to "what is worship?" being offered for consideration.

Rather we have declarations of belief, and these logically cover a large spectrum of the human social structures, so any outward display of supposed "worship" is either touted "true" or "false" depending on the beliefs of those making such declarations.

Apparently this is what "Only YHWH deserves the ultimate worship, as God Almighty." looks like...

Are these really the type of worship that YHWH requires re the question "Given the two commands which "hang all the law and the prophets" wherein does it teach that we should love יהוה "more than we should love one another"?"

onewithhim
Savant

Post #43

Post by onewithhim »

William wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:14 pm So, for now there is no identifiable underlying consensus as to "what is worship?" being offered for consideration.

Rather we have declarations of belief, and these logically cover a large spectrum of the human social structures, so any outward display of supposed "worship" is either touted "true" or "false" depending on the beliefs of those making such declarations.

Apparently this is what "Only YHWH deserves the ultimate worship, as God Almighty." looks like...

Are these really the type of worship that YHWH requires re the question "Given the two commands which "hang all the law and the prophets" wherein does it teach that we should love יהוה "more than we should love one another"?"
They are not worshipping YHWH. They are venerating other gods, so that is not what "only YHWH deserves the ultimate worship as God Almighty" looks like.

Anyway, the true God deserves all the worship that goes to Him or regretfully some other god. His worship is different from "worship" of important individuals that are not the true God.

William
Savant

Post #44

Post by William »

I think worship can be any of those things seen in these images.

If such expression act as gateways toward a central purpose they express outwardly, and inner occurrence which is focused upon acknowledging יהוה which is the first step necessary to developing an constant uninterrupted flow between יהוה and the individual.

I think that it is this living interaction between יהוה and the individual which is significant as the answer to the question "what is worship".

Mediums have always been developmentally necessary regarding that and should not be employed as permanent means or mistaken for "the actual way one should worship יהוה", be they teachers, books, traditions, study, praise, singing, dancing, et al...

יהוה: That will come out in the wash - as the saying goes...
Waxing and waning.
When do you feel most fulfilled?

Me: Overall, it seems to be when I am interacting with You.

יהוה: The Thalamocortical System

Me: The contents of consciousness dependent on the state of consciousness...

יהוה: Contradiction of "official government" line.

Me: Indeed. There is the aspect of "governance" re the individual and You.

יהוה: "I think that it is this living interaction between יהוה and the individual which is significant as the answer to the question "what is worship"."

That ship is sinking
Loved

Me: I suppose a "sinking ship" isn't a problem if it designed to do so...like a submarine...

Source Intelligence and the mediums facilitate the process throughout the Grand Universe

Me: Indeed. How else is something as tiny as a human personality supposed to interact with that which created the Almighty Universe?

יהוה: Responsibility
Altruistic Behaviour
Source Intelligence

Me: So how does this incorporate into the reality being experienced? What can be said of nature which is "altruistic behaviour"?

יהוה: The Spirit of The Land (That's as convenient as diapers on a baby, and for the same reason.)

Me: So breathing life into things is the same as "dressing up" in those "things" and there is a requirement at the deep levels of interaction between mind (spirit) and organized matter to find the equilibrium...

יהוה: Text to Number.
Child
"I think that it is this living interaction between יהוה and the individual which is significant as the answer to the question "what is worship"."
Child Keep an Eye On Machine Learning Optimizing Language Models for Dialogue.
Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood...
...The Butterfly Effect Links And Symbols Something you cannot change...
Remember this;
"Subduing requires the ability to contain. Rather than chase it out in the wild, farm it.
Adam was contained within Eden for a time too. This make YHVH something of a Farmer too.
Also, The Earth itself can be said to be a container of sorts. Perhaps even a Farm that started out wild and is slowly and surely brought to heal...from within..."
A Page Of Dreams
The Dreamer dreams the dreamed and the dreamed think the dream is real.

Me: יהוה is "the dreamer of the dreams." The "dreams" are the matter that the mind has made into functional forms...

יהוה: Entity encased in a Planet
Invited The Bee To Land
Nomenclature
Reborn
Gentle

Me: The Earth Entity hasn't also been considered overly "gentle" in its relationship with biological functional forms...some things are "named" with that in mind...like calling such "monsters"...(or otherwise demonizing things).

יהוה: Dreams Search A Real Beauty
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart”
...but would be smiling as I did so…
“Good" and "evil” co-exist without either being dominant.
Remember this;
"As you may or may not know, the Jewish perception of the Hebrew culture and accompanying beliefs about YHWH [as GOD] was that they did not have the notion that GOD had enemies.
Their notion was that YHWH used what humans think of as "Good/Evil" as YHWH saw fit to do, and the only enemy/adversary/accuser anyone had to concern their selves about, was YHWH."

Me: Yes - I understand this holistic understanding to be the correct way to view יהוה.

יהוה: Astral As busy as a bee
The Spirit of The Earth
The Mainstream Program Think "The Ghost" Conspiracy Emotions.
A Sense of Hope
"I think that it is this living interaction between יהוה and the individual which is significant as the answer to the question "what is worship"."
It is a Product of Fragmentation
All of life

(27:29) ("Where has this word "Yahweh" come from?")
Communicating with Consciousness - The Nature of The Mind
Graceful
Live with Soul Union

onewithhim
Savant

Post #45

Post by onewithhim »

William wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:26 pm I think worship can be any of those things seen in these images.
Yes, but the only worship that is acceptable to Jehovah is worship to Himself. All those people in the pictures are worshipping other gods, not Jehovah. His worship is the only one that counts.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #46

Post by 2timothy316 »

onewithhim wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:57 pm
William wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:26 pm I think worship can be any of those things seen in these images.
Yes, but the only worship that is acceptable to Jehovah is worship to Himself. All those people in the pictures are worshipping other gods, not Jehovah. His worship is the only one that counts.
That is what the Bible says.

"You must not bow down to them nor be led to serve them, for I, Jehovah your God, am a God who requires exclusive devotion." Deut 5:9
“Jehovah your God you should fear, him you should serve, to him you should cling, and by his name you should swear." Deut 10:20

Would Jehovah ever share worship?

"I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else." - Isaiah 42:8

William
Savant

Post #47

Post by William »

You appear to be saying that "worship in name" is "what worship is" - at least re your particular beliefs.

Also - what is it that "counts"? Are you meaning "reward" of some kind?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #48

Post by onewithhim »

William wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:13 am
You appear to be saying that "worship in name" is "what worship is" - at least re your particular beliefs.

Living forever, happily, on a Paradise Earth. That is our reward for our worship to Him that counts.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #49

Post by 2timothy316 »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:17 am

Living forever, happily, on a Paradise Earth. That is our reward for our worship to Him that counts.
Not to mention a friendship with the kindest, most loving being anyone will ever meet.

William
Savant

Post #50

Post by William »

onewithhim wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:17 am

The question is "what is worship?" Not "who (what name) should we worship?"

Are you saying that worship will essentially reward the worshiper with that which the worshiper wants/has been promised IF they worship a certain named God?

You wrote that the people in the images are "not worshipping" יהוה.

How can you tell that this is the case?

Indeed, is worshiping a name of a God the same thing as worshiping the God of that name?

You claim that those in the images are "venerating other gods", and that only יהוה deserves the "ultimate worship" as "God Almighty".

The thread topic is specific to potentially finding the answer to the question "what is worship of God?" In that, we appear to have a secondary branch which is claiming one has to identify "who is "God"?"... That is a different question.

We have these images that portray worship practices specific to the overall Abrahamic God idea (of which the name "Jehovah" is also a product of.)

If worship of the name-specific is what "worship" is (to answer the OP Question) then which name is the specific name to be naming The Personality behind/owing that name? (aka "God")

There are many promises accompanying each of the names people give to their gods.

Is "Love, respect, honour, fear, appreciation and awe of God" "worship of God" and if so, why would human parents and children not be treated/treat one another so, given the two commands which "hang all the law and the prophets"? (re Matthew 22:40)

Given the two commands which "hang all the law and the prophets" (re Matthew 22:40) is it realistic to expect humans to "merely" respect each other, but in some supposed superior manner, not simply "merely" respect יהוה.

Given the two commands which "hang all the law and the prophets" wherein does it teach that we should love יהוה "more than we should love one another"?

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. (Matthew 22:37...)

Perhaps "love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind" is "what is worship" and perhaps the twist in comprehension has come about through humans compartmentalizing "different types" of love "allocated" according to rank and thus a supposed "superior" love is reserved for that which is "most high"?

Perhaps too, the "second" is an external expression of an internal condition, and together these are indicative of what "worship of God" actually is?

But you argue that worship of a particular name is what worship is...or at least you appear to be arguing for that.

I Am Who I Am: Underneath what is revealed, is the hidden...who we are...
Expansiveness
As In...
"Embracing your life"
Is worshiping a name of a God the same thing as worshiping the God of that name?
Why?
The Mapping Bots Couple ♫I know how you care while you nurture your fear That you'll miss the bouquet when its thrown ♫
Be kind to yourself.

Me: So, the fear may have something to do with the attraction of promises. Some are promised (in the name of a god) forever existing on this one planet and they like that idea and will do what they are told they must, in order not to “miss the bouquet” when the assumed advent of that promise is “thrown” (comes to pass.)

I Am Who I Am: Is worshiping a name of a God the same thing as worshiping the God of that name?
According to Complex Jesus
It is more logical that something has always existed than nothing existed before something.
Everything/All
Remember.
“IF:
We NEED to know everything about an invisible creator of a visible created thing and this creator just happens to reside in an existence which cannot be examined that our NEED is taken care of...
THEN:
There is no meaningful point in going down that path or even arguing for the existence of such a supernatural being, because the philosophy itself is inferior as something which can answer said NEED.

So - best option is to look elsewhere.”

I Am Who I Am: We cannot hinder the process, but we can help it. Be Nice Do Nice.

Me: And therein, one is performing “Worship” re what the one being worshiped requires us to be like.

I Am Who I Am: Any Other Way How shallow is the reach of יהוה?
Useful

(Oxford Physicist PROVES We Live in a Cosmic Hologram!)

I Am Who I Am:“Therein, one is performing “Worship” re what the one being worshiped requires us to be like.”
Do not allow the illusion of separation to rule one's behaviour.
Try

(A Conscious Universe? – Dr Rupert Sheldrake)

I Am Who I Am:Where is the line between right and wrong?
Grand Experiment