Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Donray
Guru

God murders babies and children

Post #1

Post by Donray »

Exodus 12:29 New King James Version
And it came to pass at midnight that the LORD struck all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sat on his throne to the firstborn of the captive who was in the dungeon, and all the firstborn of livestock.

God was upset with the pharaoh so why murder a lot of babies that did nothing and just murder the pharaoh?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: God murders babies and children

Post #11

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Donray wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:45 pm So how many babies did your god kill in a flood?
See above : post #8 viewtopic.php?p=1138461#p1138461
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #12

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:18 pm
Donray wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:02 pm ... if a mother kills her babies because GOD told her to do it is not murder?
God has never authorized mothers to kill their babies but if He did then biblically no, it would NOT be murder.
Donray wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:45 pm ....

Also, the mother had instruction from God to kill her babies. ...
WHO are you talking about here? Which mother had instruction from God to kill her babies?

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Donray
Guru

Post #13

Post by Donray »

Please answer how many babies your god Killed in all the things I mentioned.

I say millions. What do you say since you disagreed with me.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #14

Donray wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:11 pm Please answer how many babies your god Killed in all the things I mentioned.

I say millions. What do you say since you disagreed with me.
I don't answer loaded questions, God didn't kill any babies; their parents did by their own gross negligence. If a parent grabbed their baby and jumped off a high building would you ask "How many people has gravity killed?" I'm not suggesting no babies died in the flood but your question implies God was responsible for such deaths which I do not accept.

JW

RELATED POSTS
WHY : What was the purpose of the flood?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 13#p874813

Why would God choose FLOODING the earth as a method of execution ?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 64#p874964

Why did God not employ the slow extermination of the wicked through sterilization?
viewtopic.php?p=1061072#p1061072

Why did God not instantly vapourize the wicked one by one instead of flood the planet?
viewtopic.php?p=1061288#p1061288

Does the global flood prove God a "baby killer"?
viewtopic.php?p=979190#p979190

To learn more please go to other posts related to ...

NOAH, KILLING and ... THE FLOOD OF NOAH'S DAY

Donray
Guru

Post #15

Post by Donray »

I don't answer loaded questions, God didn't kill any babies; their parents did by their own gross negligence. If a parent grabbed their baby and jumped off a high building would you ask "How many people has gravity killed?" I'm not suggesting no babies died in the flood but your question implies God was responsible for such deaths which I do not accept.

JW
Not a loaded question.

Now tell me what all the firstborn parents did that your god killed them.
Tell me what ALL the parents did for your god the burn them to death.
Tell what ALL the parents did that your god drawn all the babies?

And yes, it is a legitimate question to ask how many babied did mother kill due to gravity (i.e. jumping off high structures) why that wouldn't be a logical question if one wants to categized baby's deaths by parents.

You sure like to make excuses for your god murdering babies.

Now I will ask again. How many babies do you estimate your god killed. Keep in mind when started this by said God did not murder but killed babies. And even if the parents did do something to offend your god why kill innocent babies?

And according to the bible it was your god that killed (murdered) babies. Who caused the flood if not your god? Who burned cites to the ground if not your god? etc. etc.

So, start to answer instead of doing excuses and other stuff so you don't have to respond to a direct question.

LittleNipper
Scholar

Post #16

Post by LittleNipper »

Donray wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:11 pm

JW
Not a loaded question.

Now tell me what all the firstborn parents did that your god killed them.
Tell me what ALL the parents did for your god the burn them to death.
Tell what ALL the parents did that your god drawn all the babies?

And yes, it is a legitimate question to ask how many babied did mother kill due to gravity (i.e. jumping off high structures) why that wouldn't be a logical question if one wants to categized baby's deaths by parents.

You sure like to make excuses for your god murdering babies.

Now I will ask again. How many babies do you estimate your god killed. Keep in mind when started this by said God did not murder but killed babies. And even if the parents did do something to offend your god why kill innocent babies?

And according to the bible it was your god that killed (murdered) babies. Who caused the flood if not your god? Who burned cites to the ground if not your god? etc. etc.

So, start to answer instead of doing excuses and other stuff so you don't have to respond to a direct question.
What you fail to consider is that the parents of the first born who died, placed their faith in idols that they fabricated, and not in GOD. They were in fact
damming their own children to eternal separation from GOD that would become worse and worse for them as they matured and grew up to be exactly like the parents. By doing what HE did, GOD was demonstrating HIMSELF as the ONLY TRUE GOD capable of salvation. They didn't get it after each plague which were a slap in the face of those Egyptian fabricated gods. Those Egyptians gods were of Satan and saved no one!

Donray
Guru

Post #17

Post by Donray »

[Replying to LittleNipper in post #16]

You still missed my question about how many babies has your god killed? I don't really care why. And you only responded on why it killed firstborn. What about the flood and the cities that were burnt to the ground?

For example, can God determine who has a miscarriage? If so, is God killing babies by miscarriage?

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #18

Post by Purple Knight »

Donray wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:21 pm Exodus 12:29 New King James Version
And it came to pass at midnight that the LORD struck all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sat on his throne to the firstborn of the captive who was in the dungeon, and all the firstborn of livestock.

God was upset with the pharaoh so why murder a lot of babies that did nothing and just murder the pharaoh?
Individualism doesn't cover everything. On the outside you could say it was for Pharaoh's redemption but that's neither here nor there. The point is that individualism is not a right, but instead the First Luxury, which ought to be pursued above all others. If you have two feuding families, and the law just lets the first group go in and murder the other, always respecting human rights as they only punish individual aggressors, and the second family keeps shrinking until it is gone, while the first family has four members in jail for 5-10, the law is just letting that first family win and the second family should not have to accept that. Individualism is actually a luxury. It is bought by fairness and safety. The ancient world didn't have that. The idea that you don't sick your gods on your tribal enemies, or go and kill them and their babies, is based on the idea that if you don't, your people will be treated fairly anyway. It's a modern invention.

I'm not defending what God did, however. If he's all-powerful he could find a way not to kill babies. Maybe it's because in his view, slaves are the legitimate property of their owners, thus, Pharaoh had to let the Israelites go willingly, and for a really good reason, not just that his heart went out to them momentarily. Pure speculation.

bjs1
Sage

Post #19

Post by bjs1 »

[Replying to Donray in post #17]

I looked through this thread and I am not sure what topic you want to debate. Are you talking specifically about the 10th plague? Or about every instance a child dies in the OT? Or about every child who has died in history? Or about why there is death at all? (The last two are really the same question). What specifically do you want to debate?
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
-Charles Darwin

Donray
Guru

Post #20

Post by Donray »

[Replying to bjs1 in post #19]

My original post states what I want to debate. But JW wanted to debate killing verse murder and that god does not murder at which point i pointed out all the murders that God did. So I asked JW the questions of how many babies did God kill and JW would not answer.

So, do you want to answer the original question?