Wootah
Savant

Jesus is God - Lord and Saviour

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Is Jesus your Lord and Saviour?

If so then guess what - Jesus is God.

The Lord of the Old Testament Is Designated Savior
Isa. 49:26 - “All flesh shall know that I the lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.”
Isa. 43:3 - “For I am the lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour.”
2 Sam. 22:3 - “The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.”
Isa. 43:11 - “I, even I, am the lord; and beside me there is no saviour.”
Isa. 45:21 - “There is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.”
Isa. 45:15 - “Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.”
Hos. 13:4 - “Yet I am the lord thy God; . . . thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.”
Ps. 106:21 - “They forgat God their saviour, which had done great things in Egypt.”

Jesus Christ Is Designated Savior
Luke 2:11 - “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.”
John 4:42 - “We have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.”
Acts 5:31 - Jesus “hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.”
Acts 13:23 - “Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus.”
Phil. 3:20 - “From whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.”
2 Tim. 1:10 - “But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.”
Titus 1:4 - “The Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.”
1 John 4:14 - “And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.”

Take note of Isa. 43:11 - “I, even I, am the lord; and beside me there is no saviour.”

According to the Bible there is no saviour other than God.

Is Jesus your saviour or not?

Anyone going to rebut this?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Jesus is God - Lord and Saviour

Post #11

Post by JehovahsWitness »

JESUS PRAYED TO HIS SAVIOR
HEBREWS 5:7 NIV

During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with fervent cries and tears to the one who could save him from death

Jesus Christ Is Designated Savior - see post # 12

Luke 2:11 - see post # 2 “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.”
John 4:42 see post # 3 “We have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.”
Acts 5:31 - see post # 12 - Jesus “hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.”
Acts 13:23 - see post # 12 “Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus.”
Phil. 3:20 - see post # 3 “From whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.”
2 Tim. 1:10 - see post # 3 “But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.”
Titus 1:4 - see post # 3 “The Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.”
1 John 4:14 - see post # 12 “And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.”

TRINITY 2023: viewtopic.php?p=1112469#p1112469
To learn more please go to to other posts related to ...

LORD & SAVIOUR , JESUS and ...THE "TRINITY TEXTS" DEBUNKED
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:21 am, edited 15 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #12

Wootah wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:33 pm
To DESIGNATE means ...

appoint (someone) to a specified office or post. Almighty God YHWH (Jehovah) The Father cannot be appointed to and position as He has nobody above him in authority, rank or power. However, Chxist Jesus was Designated or appointed (chosen) to be the SAVIOUR of mankind. Obviously then Jesus was DESIGNATE by someone superior in power and authority to himself. Indeed on the night Jesus died he prayed earnestly to his saviour and his God ( see above post # 11 ).

JESUS CANNOT BE ALMIGHTY GOD IF HE WAS DESIGNATED THE POSITION OF SAVIOUR BY ALMIGHTY GOD
ACTS 5:31 - God exalted this one [Jesus] as Chief Agent and Savior to his right hand, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins”
1 JOHN 4:14

“And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.”
Acts 13:23

“.According to his promise, from the offspring of this man, God has brought to Israel a savior, Jesus”
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:21 am, edited 8 times in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #13

CONCLUSION : Being a "Lord" and/or a "saviour" does not necessarily mean one is Almighty God or part of a so-called "TRINITY".
To learn more please go to to other posts related to ...

THE DIVINE NAME , JESUS and ...THE "TRINITY TEXTS" DEBUNKED
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wootah
Savant

Post #14

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #13]

Take note of Isa. 43:11 - “I, even I, am the lord; and beside me there is no saviour.”

How did your reply take note of that?

No that isn't the conclusion. Conclusion is only God saves and only God is my saviour.
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #15

Wootah wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:24 am [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #13]

How did your reply take note of that?
You're right (I got my references mixed up, sorry). Corrected HERE : viewtopic.php?p=1146706#p1146706

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #16

Duplicate sorry

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #17

Duplicate sorry

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #18

DID JESUS HAVE TO BE YHWH TO SAVE HIS PEOPLE FROM THEIR SINS?

MATTHEW 1:21: She will give birth to a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins

ACTS 5:31

God exalted this one as Chief Agent and Savior to his right hand, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins

RELATED POSTS

Mark 2:5-7 : Did Jesus need to be Almighty God to forgive sins?
viewtopic.php?p=1112515#p1112515

Who is the primary source and originator of salvation?
viewtopic.php?p=1112566#p1112566

How can Jesus be a savior without being YHWH if Hosea 13 verse 4 records YHWH as saying "There is no savior besides ME"?
viewtopic.php?p=1112572#p1112572

Emmanuel : Does Jesus theophoric name make him equal to Almighty God?
viewtopic.php?p=1112508#p1112508

[Emanuel] Did God need to be literally on earth in bodily form in order to be "with" his people?
viewtopic.php?p=1112524#p1112524

Savant

Post #19

Post by 1213 »

Wootah wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:33 pm ...
Is Jesus your saviour or not?
Jesus said he can't do anything of himself. Jesus speaks as God had commanded him to speak and Jesus does God's will. That is why, it is God who saves, even if through Jesus. By what is said in the Bible, Jesus is the mediator between God and men.

I can of myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous; because I don’t seek my own will, but the will of my Father who sent me.
John 5:30

But the testimony which I have is greater than that of John, for the works which the Father gave me to accomplish, the very works that I do, testify about me, that the Father has sent me.
John 5:36

Jesus therefore answered them, "My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me.
John 7:16

For I spoke not from myself, but the Father who sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
John 12:49

Most assuredly I tell you, he who receives whomever I send, receives me; and he who receives me, receives him who sent me."
John 13:20

Whoever listens to you listens to me, and whoever rejects you rejects me. Whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me."
Luke 10:16

For he whom God has sent speaks the words of God; for God gives the Spirit without measure.
John 3:34

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
1 Tim. 2:5

Savant

Post #20

Post by 1213 »

Wootah wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:33 pm Is Jesus your Lord and Saviour?
Luke 2:11 - “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.”
John 4:42 - “We have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.”
Acts 5:31 - Jesus “hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.”
Acts 13:23 - “Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus.”
Phil. 3:20 - “From whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.”
2 Tim. 1:10 - “But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.”
Titus 1:4 - “The Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.”
1 John 4:14 - “And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.”
I forgot in my yesterday post that there is also interesting difference between translations. For example in this Luke chapter, the word "savior" can be translated "saviour", "deliverer", "preserver". I think "preserver" or "deliverer" would be a better word, because Jesus was sent to deliver (liberate) us from the judgment and he also preserves.

For there is born to you, this day, in the city of David, a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:11

By what I have understood, savior is one who saves from calamity and protects. And deliverer is one who delivers.

It is interesting that in Finnish translation it is said, Jesus is reliever, deliverer, or liberator, not saviour, and God is saviour.