Wootah
Savant

Jesus is God - Lord and Saviour

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

Is Jesus your Lord and Saviour?

If so then guess what - Jesus is God.

The Lord of the Old Testament Is Designated Savior
Isa. 49:26 - “All flesh shall know that I the lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.”
Isa. 43:3 - “For I am the lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour.”
2 Sam. 22:3 - “The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.”
Isa. 43:11 - “I, even I, am the lord; and beside me there is no saviour.”
Isa. 45:21 - “There is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.”
Isa. 45:15 - “Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.”
Hos. 13:4 - “Yet I am the lord thy God; . . . thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.”
Ps. 106:21 - “They forgat God their saviour, which had done great things in Egypt.”

Jesus Christ Is Designated Savior
Luke 2:11 - “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.”
John 4:42 - “We have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.”
Acts 5:31 - Jesus “hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.”
Acts 13:23 - “Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus.”
Phil. 3:20 - “From whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.”
2 Tim. 1:10 - “But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.”
Titus 1:4 - “The Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.”
1 John 4:14 - “And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.”

Take note of Isa. 43:11 - “I, even I, am the lord; and beside me there is no saviour.”

According to the Bible there is no saviour other than God.

Is Jesus your saviour or not?

Anyone going to rebut this?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Jesus is God - Lord and Saviour

Post #31

Post by onewithhim »

Wootah wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:04 pm
onewithhim wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:00 pm
1213 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:46 am
Wootah wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:27 am
1213 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:19 am
Wootah wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:27 am ...
Jesus literally means YHWH saves. Who saves? YHWH saves. But Jesus seems very keen on a title that belongs to YHWH alone. But unto us a savior was born. But only God can be the saviour.
One of my names can be translated YHWH is merciful. Does it mean I am the God? I don't think so. And I don't think the name YHWH saves, means Jesus is the God. I think it would be best to remain in the meanings the Bible gives. And in the case of Jesus, I think better translation for the word saviour would be redeemer, or deliverer, because Jesus came to redeem people for God, or deliver us from death to life.
You think better than the hebrew?

Joshua = Yahshua = Yah + shuah. Yah is short for Yahweh, and shuah is from yeshuah which means "to save, save alive, rescue."
Does this mean that the OT Joshua is also the God?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua
I think that is what he has been saying, if I'm not mistaken.

That Jesus and God are two different individuals is so clear from many texts throughout the Bible. These texts have been pointed out, but some folks don't want to see.

Jehovah calls the shots and Jesus does whatever his Father says to do. (John 5:19) They could both be called "Savior" because of that fact. And BOTH names are to be called on for salvation.
What did Joshua do that saves you from hell?

Clearly their names point to YHWH saving. Clearly the texts at the start say that only YHWH saves and no one else. But now in Jesus you have the Bible calling Jesus the saviour.

So either that is a lie because only YHWH saves and so if Jesus is claiming to save them he is a liar.

Or ... or ... it is not a lie and Jesus saves because he is YHWH.

Rather than avoiding the original post your job is to reconcile the texts.
Are you looking to Jesus as Saviour or to YHWH? If you only look to YHWH then for you the text has an imposter called Jesus claiming to save.
Are you looking to Jesus as Saviour or to YHWH? If you only look to YHWH then for you the text has an imposter called Jesus claiming to save.

You can repeat that question for all the NT verses.
Take note of Isa. 43:11 - “I, even I, am the lord; and beside me there is no saviour.”
There is no other saviour than YHWH. So all those NT verse are scandalous lies that you should reject OR beautiful truths that you should accept.

Now do you understand?
You don't understand, though its been explained ad nauseum. Jesus is called the Savior because he carries out what the Father tells him to do. So the Source of salvation is Jehovah God and the means by which He saves is Jesus and his sacrifice. Therefore they both can be called "Savior."

Wootah
Savant

Post #32

Post by Wootah »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:03 am You don't understand, though its been explained ad nauseum. Jesus is called the Savior because he carries out what the Father tells him to do. So the Source of salvation is Jehovah God and the means by which He saves is Jesus and his sacrifice. Therefore they both can be called "Savior."

Do you regard the Bible as true?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #33

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Wootah wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:38 pm
onewithhim wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:03 am You don't understand, though its been explained ad nauseum. Jesus is called the Savior because he carries out what the Father tells him to do. So the Source of salvation is Jehovah God and the means by which He saves is Jesus and his sacrifice. Therefore they both can be called "Savior."
ISAIAH 43:11

I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior
Jehovah (Yahweh/YHWH) is the ultimate source of salvation, his position as the supreme first cause of all true salvation. In that sense His position is incomparable to anyone else including that of his son .

In view of the above then, " besides [YHWH] there is no savior" does not mean that YHWH (Jehovah) nobody can legitimately be referred to by the same title because they are saviours in a lesser sense , are saving from some other danger or (like Jesus), they are used by The Father as instruments or agents to achieve HIS ends (see Hebrews 12:2).
CONCLUSION: Jehovah, The Father is the one True God and the ONLY individual that holds the position of supreme ruler of the universe (compare John 17:3). The expression "besides [YHWH] there is no savior" should be understood in its relative sense (ie no other saviour that compares to Him) rather than no other saviour that exist - compare 1 Cor 8:5

To learn more please go to to other posts related to ...

THE DIVINE NAME , JESUS and ...THE "TRINITY TEXTS" DEBUNKED
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

kjw47
Under Probation

Post #34

Post by kjw47 »

Wootah wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:33 pm Is Jesus your Lord and Saviour?

If so then guess what - Jesus is God.

The Lord of the Old Testament Is Designated Savior
Isa. 49:26 - “All flesh shall know that I the lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.”
Isa. 43:3 - “For I am the lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour.”
2 Sam. 22:3 - “The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.”
Isa. 43:11 - “I, even I, am the lord; and beside me there is no saviour.”
Isa. 45:21 - “There is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.”
Isa. 45:15 - “Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.”
Hos. 13:4 - “Yet I am the lord thy God; . . . thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.”
Ps. 106:21 - “They forgat God their saviour, which had done great things in Egypt.”

Jesus Christ Is Designated Savior
Luke 2:11 - “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.”
John 4:42 - “We have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.”
Acts 5:31 - Jesus “hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.”
Acts 13:23 - “Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus.”
2 Tim. 1:10 - “But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.”
1 John 4:14 - “And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.”

According to the Bible there is no saviour other than God.

Is Jesus your saviour or not?

Anyone going to rebut this?

LORD and GOD all capitols in the OT were put there by wicked men by satans will to mislead. God put-YHVH(Jehovah) in nearly 6800 places-OT and over 200 NT. God willed his name in those spots because God wants his name in those spots. All using the altered translations are being mislead to NOT enter Gods kingdom. Only false religions use the altered translations to support satans will over Gods will.
In the OT YHVH(Jehovah) was the only savior at that point. Jesus became a savior by accomplishing living perfect and paying the wages of sin he did not owe=The ransom sacrifice. Without that sacrifice 0 had a chance at eternal life, thus those that obey him have that opportunity now. But Few on earth even knows what Jesus actually taught, one cannot obey if they do not know his truths. Not 1 religion using the altered versions teach much of what Jesus actually taught. Those teachers are paid to teach their religions dogma mostly. And little of what Jesus taught.

Wootah
Savant

Post #35

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #33]

In one breath you say one thing, in the next another.

OK let's consider Saul and David.

Saul was the King. David just a soldier. But the crowd viewed David as the saviour and Saul got jealous.

The reason is that we should look to the King as saviour and not the soldier.

Now David was the true King and so it makes sense but in essence no one else should be saviour.

This pattern is everywhere in the Bible.

Another example is to ask ourselves why don't our works save us? If they did we could rightly be considered saviour.

And deep down that is what all your rebuttals amount to. A desire for self.

Works based religion vs a grace based religion.

Savant

Post #36

Post by 1213 »

Wootah wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:15 am There is no difference between deliverer or saviour.
Sorry, I think there is, and it comes visible especially when we look what Jesus came to do. Jesus came to deliver (liberate) us. It is not exactly the same as to save.

Jesus answered them, Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone practicing sin is a slave of sin. But the slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever. Therefore, if the Son sets you free, you are free indeed.
John 8:34-36
Wootah wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:15 amHere is a post covering all the verses where Jesus claimed to be your saviour: https://www.patheos.com/blogs/davearmst ... avior.html
I didn't find any scripture there where Jesus says he is the saviour.

Wootah
Savant

Post #37

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to 1213 in post #36]

So when you read: the Knight saved everyone by killing the dragon.

You think that is different to: the Knight delivered everyone by killing the dragon.

And that is your argument for ignoring the text?

Savant

Post #38

Post by 1213 »

Wootah wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:10 pm ...
You think that is different to: the Knight delivered everyone by killing the dragon...
I think delivering has a different meaning, especially when we look what it means when Jesus delivers.
Wootah wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:10 pmAnd that is your argument for ignoring the text?
Sorry, what text you mean?

Wootah
Savant

Post #39

Post by Wootah »

1213 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:36 am
Wootah wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:10 pm ...
You think that is different to: the Knight delivered everyone by killing the dragon...
I think delivering has a different meaning, especially when we look what it means when Jesus delivers.
Wootah wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:10 pmAnd that is your argument for ignoring the text?
Sorry, what text you mean?
Your deliverer argument is done.

Now go back to the original post. The fact there is no saviour other than God and Jesus is also called saviour.

Wootah
Savant

Post #40

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #40]
You don't understand, though its been explained ad nauseum. Jesus is called the Savior because he carries out what the Father tells him to do. So the Source of salvation is Jehovah God and the means by which He saves is Jesus and his sacrifice. Therefore they both can be called "Savior."
You say they are both saviour.

Bible says only God is saviour.

What part of your error am I missing?