Omnipotence and Omniscience

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

JoeMama
Apprentice

Omnipotence and Omniscience

Post #1

Post by JoeMama »

The allegedly all-knowing, all-powerful God has the knowledge and power to impart to all of human-kind a certain understanding and ability to achieve salvation, doesn't he?

So, why hasn't he yet done so?

Savant

Re: Omnipotence and Omniscience

Post #41

Post by 1213 »

Clownboat wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:52 pm I could provide such info,...
It seems you know there is nothing solid supporting your beliefs. 8-)

Savant

Post #42

Post by 1213 »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:25 am Well, I don't credit what you say. Despite claims that Godfaith exited from the start, whether a few billion years or a few thousand years ago, in fact (so archaeology indicates) Judaism was only invented after Israel appears maybe 12th - 10th c B.C. at the most.
It depends on what is meant with Judaism. If it means the belief to the Biblical creator God, it has existed right from Adam and Eve.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #43

Post by TRANSPONDER »

1213 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:33 am
TRANSPONDER wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:25 am Well, I don't credit what you say. Despite claims that Godfaith exited from the start, whether a few billion years or a few thousand years ago, in fact (so archaeology indicates) Judaism was only invented after Israel appears maybe 12th - 10th c B.C. at the most.
It depends on what is meant with Judaism. If it means the belief to the Biblical creator God, it has existed right from Adam and Eve.
Only if one believes the Bible, but that is becoming an decreasingly credible tome, the more errors,false claims and contractions are shown, and the more people doubt and question whether it is worth believing, and the faith clams and references to the tall tales of the Bible by the Believers counts for nothing. Quoting Genesis gets you nothing.

cue 'beleiving science gains you nothing'

Except all the creature comfort of a pleasant and relatively easy life which the science -deniers take for granted, even when sneering at inconvenient science data, but not so far as denying a round earth. No, the Bible doesn't talk of a flat earth, that would be silly,no it is as science says. But not the 6 day creation, there, science is wrong.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #44

Post by Clownboat »

1213 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:33 am
Clownboat wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:52 pm I could provide such info,...
It seems you know there is nothing solid supporting your beliefs. 8-)
This is nothing more than you just stating this to try to justify your denial of reality (that god concepts have been around for much longer than the one you prefer yourself).

It is a fact, not a belief that you disbelieve any and all evidence that would affect your ability to maintain your chosen religion.
Post 38 alone:
Sorry, I don't think that is believable.
I don't believe there is older concepts.

I do not post for your benefit though. I already understand the mechanism that drives your beliefs and un-beliefs and expect you to not correct your thinking. When you say that you don't believe in the facts that are referenced, our readers may not have the same mechanism in play that would stop them from thinking. It is for those that I post.

You do you as long as you are not harming others.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Savant

Post #45

Post by 1213 »

Clownboat wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:42 pm ...in the facts that are referenced...
I think it is wrong to call them facts, when they are just beliefs.

Savant

Post #46

Post by 1213 »

TRANSPONDER wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:28 am ...the more errors,false claims and contractions are shown...
It is sad, if other people believe your baseless claims. If you make bad interpretations from the Bible, it does not mean Bible has errors. Or if you have contradictory beliefs, it does not mean Bible is erroneous.
TRANSPONDER wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:28 am No, the Bible doesn't talk of a flat earth, that would be silly,no it is as science says.
Are my eyes the science? :D

Earth (dry land) is not flat, because everyone can see it is not flat. And Bible doesn't say earth is flat.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #47

Post by TRANSPONDER »

1213 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:18 am
TRANSPONDER wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:28 am ...the more errors,false claims and contractions are shown...
It is sad, if other people believe your baseless claims. If you make bad interpretations from the Bible, it does not mean Bible has errors. Or if you have contradictory beliefs, it does not mean Bible is erroneous.
TRANSPONDER wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:28 am No, the Bible doesn't talk of a flat earth, that would be silly,no it is as science says.
Are my eyes the science? :D

Earth (dry land) is not flat, because everyone can see it is not flat. And Bible doesn't say earth is flat.
Nothing of yours is the science :) And you are pulling the 'it doesn't actually say that' ploy. The point is that, supposing the Bible is talking of a flat earth (which is what everyone believed at the time) that would at least be the conclusion of those who can believe a 6 day creation, but Bible believers do not do that. Not because they respect or trust science, but they don't want to look silly, and joining the flat earthists seems to be a step too far.

Mind, if that was what Creationism taught, they'd be arguing for it,. but if the dogma insists it's as science says (not flat) they say the Bible does not say it's flat.

Though, unlike yourself, they would not claim it looks 'not flat' (1)because it does - until you get up high enough. I watched a vid of James May being taken up to the edge of space by a US pilot and even then, it was hard to be sure the curve was visible. Fact is, it takes meticulous measurement to correct the way it looks (flat) and show there is a curve.

The same meticulous measurements you reject when it comes to geological measurements. Do you not see a double standard here, rejecting science where it conflicts with your beliefs but acting like it is obvious (which it isn't and never was) because that's ok in your Dogma.

You don't see a problem with your reasoning here?

Cue: "Well you do that with the Bible".

No, if that were the case, I would reject the evidence that there was a real Jesus. I don't. (just to block that possible gambit).

(1) no smiley suggests you are not just making a joke but an attempt at a serious point.