Ethics, Morality, and Sin

Moderator: Moderators

methylatedghosts
Sage

Masturbation while thinking about God.

Post #1

Post by methylatedghosts »

This came up in a discussion I had today. The question was:

If you are thinking about God while masturbating, is it ok?

This hasn't really been thought out very well, but it'll get the ball rolling

God = Love
According to Christian thought, one is supposed to only have sex with one you love, and loves you (or around about that).
Now, because God = Love, he can only love you.
Christianity tell us to strive for a special relationship with God.
Marriage is a special relationship with another human being in which you can have a sex.

So, God = love, therefore God can't do anything but love you.
If you love God, and have a special relationship with him - as christianity is so eager for us to do, you are therefore, able to have sex with God, if you so wished. Because that is not physically possible (human being physical, God being non-physical), masturbation with God on your mind is as close as you can get. So, I conclude, that masturbation while thinking about God is A-OK.

Go on, pick some holes if you like - I know I haven't done well. I want to generate a few responses.
Ye are Gods

Udanor
Student

Post #2

Post by Udanor »

I see you ain't getting any response to your question... so here is one....
So, God = love, therefore God can't do anything but love you.
If you love God, and have a special relationship with him - as christianity is so eager for us to do, you are therefore, able to have sex with God, if you so wished.
Ok... this was a odd question, but... :blink:
let's say a man has a daughter (or son). He has a "special relationship" with his daughter (or son)... They do nothing but love each other :hug: .... They spend all the free time they have with each other....
Ok.... do you think it would be "ok" for this man to masturbate while thinking of his daughter (or son)?

Christians like to be called Gods children.... we are one big family... I could not imagine having Sex with my holy father (God).... :sick:

a atheist might..... but then, they don't belive in God.

A christians love for God has nothing to do with sex... just as the love for a family member has nothing to do with sex (not wife or husband)..
One love, one heart
Lets get together and feel alright
One love, hear my plea, one heart
Give thanks and praise to the lord, and I will feel alright

/ Bob Marley

cherokee_kid2006

Re: Masturbation while thinking about God.

Post #3

Post by cherokee_kid2006 »

Hi there...
I'm over a month late on commenting to this, but I just recently discovered this forum.

I would think that the person masturbating while thinking about God would most likely be subconciously feeling guilty, depending on the situation.

This is speaking from my own experiance...doing things and God comes to mind and I feel terrible, while it's not a big deal, really.

I hope that made sense, I'm kind of multi-tasking right now.

~*Allie*~

achilles12604
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by achilles12604 »

It might be a good experiment. I'm not sure that it would be possible. No I don't feel like elaborating on that :lol:
It is a first class human tragedy that people of the earth who claim to believe in the message of Jesus, whom they describe as the Prince of Peace, show little of that belief in actual practice.

Greatest I Am
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by Greatest I Am »

I hope your God is of your sexual inclination "female" or you are a homosexual.

Regards
DL

Felonious
Student

Post #6

Post by Felonious »

See, masturbation is a sin. It's both lustful, and fornication (Unless you're married to God, litterally.)

I also don't think beating off to God would be very respectful.

sledheavy
Scholar

Post #7

Post by sledheavy »

Felonious wrote:See, masturbation is a sin. It's both lustful, and fornication (Unless you're married to God, litterally.)

this topic, I've never really been sure about.

In fact, when I saw it, I practically fell out of my chair...in laughter and in shock.

Whether or not we (guys) like it, it most definately happens to us. So in saying it's a sin, lol, really seems one sided. That even leads me to thinking the quote implies that guys lol, might be worse sinners because of our frequent usage. Even so, it's easy for the majority of women to avoid this 'problem' because men are naturally always on the hunt, and women typically attract men to them. Honestly, If something nonintentional is a sin, god apparently didn't have this planned out in context to nature.

And taking a trip down to palmdale to visit god, probably borders on obsessing.

Christianity states masturbation is a sin and we are all sinners (hence overbearing guilt brought on by traditional christian standard). How masturbation got brought up in the bible, I really have no idea, nor did I care, and nor do I care.

Frankly I'm just going to focus on an old standby, catholic priests. Molestation due to abstaining. It might not be accurate of all priests, but it's true. You deny you're urges for too long, and they surface as other wants and essentially different practices.

agnosis
Student

Post #8

Post by agnosis »

Felonious wrote:See, masturbation is a sin. It's both lustful, and fornication (Unless you're married to God, litterally.)

But what happens if we think of the church as the bride of Christ? If a Christian is considered to be a part of the church, then surely that would legitimise it.

How exactly is masturbation the same as fornication?

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by Cathar1950 »

I think wet dreams might be better because you never know who is going to show up. Like a blind date one night stand.
Most people would think that if you ae thinking about Gd while masterbating you have a problem with god and masterbation.
I can see thinking about God might help you maintain aand slow down arousal.
This is something both atheist and theist might agree.

Now there are and have been mystics that see their experince of god much like a lover.

I knoew a girl in college hat like to lure guys back to ther room for sex and play church music but that might be more of a fetish or a weird chidhood.
I think it was Dawkins but I could be wrong here, that used masterbation as a sign the person feelss there is no God as people would not masterbate in front of their mother. Most people masterbate.

But many people in our culture have strange ideas about sex and it can get confusing.

sledheavy
Scholar

Post #10

Post by sledheavy »

Cathar1950 wrote:I think wet dreams might be better because you never know who is going to show up. Like a blind date one night stand.
Most people would think that if you ae thinking about Gd while masterbating you have a problem with god and masterbation.
I can see thinking about God might help you maintain aand slow down arousal.
This is something both atheist and theist might agree.

Now there are and have been mystics that see their experince of god much like a lover.

I knoew a girl in college hat like to lure guys back to ther room for sex and play church music but that might be more of a fetish or a weird chidhood.
I think it was Dawkins but I could be wrong here, that used masterbation as a sign the person feelss there is no God as people would not masterbate in front of their mother. Most people masterbate.

But many people in our culture have strange ideas about sex and it can get confusing.
WOW.