Biker

Where agnostics and atheists can freely discuss

Moderator: Moderators

WelshBoy
Scholar

Biker

Post #1

Post by WelshBoy »

Does anyone else find Biker the most infuriating poster on this site!?!

I have kept my composure for a very long time, patiently trying to present evidence to him, but most of the time I can't help thinking that it's a group of home-schooled christian 12 year olds typing the replies!!

I've come to the conclusion (quite some time ago actually) that there was no point responding to him since he has his ears, eyes, mouth and brain stuffed with the Bible and will admit no reason! I'm just too kind-hearted to see his woeful ignorance and keep quiet.

BREEEEEEATHE..........BREEEEEEEATHE.....
To the believer, no proof is necessary; to the skeptic, no proof is enough.

Lotan
Guru

Post #2

Post by Lotan »

WelshBoy wrote:I've come to the conclusion (quite some time ago actually) that there was no point responding to him since he has his ears, eyes, mouth and brain stuffed with the Bible and will admit no reason! I'm just too kind-hearted to see his woeful ignorance and keep quiet.
Hi WelshBoy,

If you have hopes of convincing Biker (or anyone else on this site) of anything then you're almost certainly going to be disapointed. I long ago resigned myself to simply making the best arguments that I can and providing real information to counter fallacies as often as I can. Hopefully this might benefit lurkers or fencesitters.
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto His people. Exodus 32:14

ManBearPig
Student

Post #3

Post by ManBearPig »

Hehe, Welshboy, I just read your Copernican challenge to Biker! Got some good laughs out of that.

Anyway, there are a handful of Christians on here who will never concede anything. I just laugh, and I much prefer talking with the Otsengs and the Micatalas and the Achilleses. Some others too of course. These are the types who are willing to listen.

I got deconverted partly by listening to an 18-year-old atheist girl just ask me a few simple questions. It planted a seed in me which sprouted, oh, six years later maybe? So you may not convince anyone right away, but you'll give them something to think about for a while, and it could have an effect later on.

Not the closed-minded types though :). Your posts won't actually make it to their brains. I think it just bounces off their eyeballs and falls on the floor or something.

Katsuro
Student

Post #4

Post by Katsuro »

My personal favourite is jcrawford. He's so incredible I'm not sure if he's joking! He's even been put in the probation section of this site for saying completely ridiculous and unfounded things. Specifically this - http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... php?t=4608.

If you want a good laugh that will also make you shout "WHAT?!!" at your monitor then you should definitely check out all of his posts.

*EDIT - jcrawford's actually been band now. Shame because he provided me with such entertainment lol.

ManBearPig
Student

Post #5

Post by ManBearPig »

Jcrawford accused me of being mentally ill! All he ever did was blame people for things. He was a very angry guy...

Katsuro
Student

Post #6

Post by Katsuro »

He accused me of being prejudiced against lazy scientists lmao. He was also adamant that if you come up with a theory its up to other people to back it up,not you! He even said that's why Darwin waited for several years to release his theories of evolution...he didn't seem to realise that doesn't make any sense - how can others have been testing his theories when he hadn't even released them yet lol?

Some of jcrawford's threads:

http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... php?t=4405
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... php?t=4657
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... highlight=

Please,please read all these threads in their entirety. I know they're long and it's a pain, but trust me it's worth it. You will be amazed by this guy.

Confused
Site Supporter

Re: Biker

Post #7

Post by Confused »

WelshBoy wrote:Does anyone else find Biker the most infuriating poster on this site!?!

I have kept my composure for a very long time, patiently trying to present evidence to him, but most of the time I can't help thinking that it's a group of home-schooled christian 12 year olds typing the replies!!

I've come to the conclusion (quite some time ago actually) that there was no point responding to him since he has his ears, eyes, mouth and brain stuffed with the Bible and will admit no reason! I'm just too kind-hearted to see his woeful ignorance and keep quiet.

BREEEEEEATHE..........BREEEEEEEATHE.....
Biker is from another generation. He is one of the few Christians I have found on this site to actually be true to his faith. It is admirable in my opinion. But can make you butt heads often. In his defense, he honestly doesn't see the points you are trying to make. Something gets lost in translation. It works both ways. His choice of words can often make it appear as if he is being attacking, cynical, or demeaning and he often doesn't mean it to be taken that way. I had several head clashes with him at first. Then, after many PM's figured out what the problem was. He truly beleives his faith, to a T. And he isn't going to waiver in it, despite anything logic you throw out there, it won't change because he honestly sees logic different. It is kind of like Furrowed Brows new web page (over the top if you haven't visited it yet). He explains things in a format that makes sense only to him. But it isn't only to him, the wording is what creates a barrier for interpretation. Bugmaster has been helping him revise some of it, but I am still having to go back and forth between basic logic and what Furrowed is presenting to make sense of it one sentence at a time. You are both seeing things from two different views and neither of you will conceded to another view because to you , it is illogical. It is that nasty type "A" personality (no offense meant, I am one).

The only strategy I have ever found with Biker is to admit to myself that I have to pick my battles very carefully. I don't attempt to make him see my point as the only point, I just attempt to get him to see my point and in the process I learn his.

Just do as you said......BREATHE.......BREATHE........BREATHE.........BREATHE....
What we do for ourselves dies with us,
What we do for others and the world remains
and is immortal.

-Albert Pine
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one persons definition of your life; define yourself.

-Harvey Fierstein

Cmass
Guru

Post #8

Post by Cmass »

Unfortunately, this subject is very timely. For the first time since joining this forum I have lodged a formal complaint against someone: Biker.
Normally, I simply don't care if someone insults me since it usually happens when a Christian is cornered. In this case, Biker cornered himself by strongly suggesting he believes the sun goes around the earth as implied in scripture. He refused to answer the question directly: "Do you believe the earth goes around the sun or the sun goes around the earth?". He then thought it would be funny get personal with comments regarding my 21 month old son - who is also my avatar. This crossed the line for me.
There is simply no way to deal with an irrational individual via rational argument.
#-o

Katsuro
Student

Post #9

Post by Katsuro »

Yeah I've been reading that thread, he keps dodging the question. I don't know if he's afraid to answer it or if his doing it deliberately to annoy everyone.

And you're right, that is crossing the line. Insulting the poster is one thing, but insulting his/her family, especially their kids is a whole different kettle of fish. That's just uncalled for.

Out of curiosity can I ask what it was he said>

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by McCulloch »

Cmass wrote:For the first time since joining this forum I have lodged a formal complaint against someone: Biker.
Biker does not know you or your son. When a debater lowers himself to such a level you should rejoice. He has made a de facto admission that he has no reasonable or valid argument to make and thus must descend into insults. He hurts only his cause and his side by such inanities. I can just imagine some of his Christian brethren going to him in private with something like, "What were you thinking?"
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John