Interacting with GHOSTS

Chat viewable by general public

Moderator: Moderators

YOGHI
Student

Interacting with GHOSTS

Post #1

Post by YOGHI »

Depends of the level, the 'power'... of the ghosts.

Corvus
Guru

Post #2

Post by Corvus »

What depends on the level and power of the ghosts?

I would actually be interested in knowing who on this forum believes in spirits - theists and non-theists alike. I have encountered a claim from a certain type of Christian that states revenant spirits are always from the devil for some reason or other. Possibly it was the http://www.demonbuster.com/ website, (which the title bar proclaims as the, "FREE DELIVERY (DELIVERANCE) END-TIME DELIVERANCE MINISTRY DEMONBUSTER.COM DELIVERANCE MANUAL") but it is surprising they can even use a computer without claiming it is possessed.*

*edit: Watch out for the electronic malfunction demons!
<i>'Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.'</i>
-John Keats, Ode on a Grecian Urn.

Travis
Student

Post #3

Post by Travis »

That 'demon buster' site cracks me up. Notice the ad for Mary Kay cosmetics at the bottom...I guess there is no demon of vanity? :-k :lol:

I am certainly open to the possibility of spirits traditional sense. There could very well be an unseen extension to objects or living things. I too am interested in everyones thoughts on the subject of spirits.

Yoghi, do you hold some of the traditional native views of hierarchal/ancestral spirit contact? If so how do you feel they relate to you? I truly am curious...
What is the first business of one who practices philosophy? To get rid of self-conceit. For it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn that which he thinks he already knows.
- Epictetus (Discourses)

Spongemom
Student

Post #4

Post by Spongemom »

Interacting with ghosts.....My granny is 86. She lives by herself in the house two doors down from mine. She also owns this house. When I was 5 years old, she lived in this house, and I lived in the other one with my mom. In the entryway, right next to the front door, there has always been a picture of my granny's mother. She died long before I was even thought of.

While I was living there, I had one of the upstairs bedrooms. My mom has told me of how she would be coming up the stairs, and hear me in my room talking. She would approach the door as quietly as possible, and right before she would get there, I would stop talking. She would step a little ways away from the door, and I would start the conversation back up. She says I would only be talking when she was far enough away to hear my voice, but unable to understand the exact words I was saying.

I vaguely remember this, I don't remember any of what I said, but I do believe I was talking to my granny's mother. To this day I never feel like I'm alone in that house. I believe granny's mom is watching out for her. I can go in my old bedroom even now, and feel a calmness in that room. I don't know how else to describe it, I feel peaceful in that house. It's a nice feeling.
If we are going to teach creation science as an alternative to evolution,
then we should also teach the stork theory as an alternative to biological reproduction.

YOGHI
Student

GHOSTS

Post #5

Post by YOGHI »

Soon you'll be GHOSTS!