Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

Muslim_man

-PROPHET MUHAMMAD (pbuh) IN THE BIBLE-DR.Zakir Naik

Post #1

Post by Muslim_man »

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the Old Testament:

The Qur’an mentions in Surah Al-Araf chapter 7 verse 157:

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures) in the law and the Gospel".

MUHAMMAD (PBUH) PROPHESISED IN THE BOOK OF DEUTERONOMY:

Almighty God speaks to Moses in Book of Deuteronomy chapter 18 verse 18:

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

The Christians say that this prophecy refers to Jesus (pbuh) because Jesus (pbuh) was like Moses (pbuh). Moses (pbuh) was a Jew, as well as Jesus (pbuh) was a Jew. Moses (pbuh) was a Prophet and Jesus (pbuh) was also a Prophet.

If these two are the only criteria for this prophecy to be fulfilled, then all the Prophets of the Bible who came after
Moses (pbuh) such as Solomon, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Malachi, John the Baptist, etc. (pbut) will
fulfill this prophecy since all were Jews as well as prophets.

However, it is Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) who is like Moses (pbuh):

i)
Both had a father and a mother, while Jesus (pbuh) was born miraculously without any male intervention.

[Mathew 1:18 and Luke 1:35 and also Al-Qur'an 3:42-47]

ii)
Both were married and had children. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not marry nor had children.

iii)
Both died natural deaths. Jesus (pbuh) has been raised up alive. (4:157-158)

Muhammad (pbuh) is from among the brethren of Moses (pbuh). Arabs are brethren of Jews. Abraham (pbuh) had two sons: Ishmail and Isaac (pbut). The Arabs are the descendants of Ishmail (pbuh) and the Jews are the descendants of Isaac (pbuh).

Words in the mouth:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was unlettered and whatever revelations he received from Almighty God he repeated them verbatim.

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

[Deuteronomy 18:18]

iv)
Both besides being Prophets were also kings i.e. they could inflict capital punishment. Jesus (pbuh) said, "My kingdom is not of this world." (John 18:36).

v)
Both were accepted as Prophets by their people in their lifetime but Jesus (pbuh) was rejected by his
people. John chapter 1 verse 11 states, "He came unto his own, but his own received him not."

iv)
Both brought new laws and new regulations for their people. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not bring any new laws. (Mathew 5:17-18).

It is Mentioned in the book of Deuteronomy chapter 18:19

"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not harken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him."

Muhammad (pbuh) is prophesised in the book of Isaiah:

It is mentioned in the book of Isaiah chapter 29 verse 12:

"And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned."

When Archangel Gabrail commanded Muhammad (pbuh) by saying Iqra - "Read", he replied, "I am not learned".

prophet Muhammad (pbuh) mentioned by name in the old testament:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters
of Jerusalem."

In the Hebrew language im is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad
(pbuh) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet present.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the New Testament:

Al-Qur'an Chapter 61 Verse 6:

"And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said, 'O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me and giving glad tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed.' But when he came to them with clear signs, they said, 'This is evident sorcery!' "

All the prophecies mentioned in the Old Testament regarding Muhammad (pbuh) besides applying to the Jews also hold good for the Christians.

John chapter 14 verse 16:
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever."

Gospel of John chapter 15 verse 26:

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which
proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me."

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not
come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

"Ahmed" or "Muhammad" meaning "the one who praises" or "the praised one" is almost the translation of the
Greek word Periclytos. In the Gospel of John 14:16, 15:26, and 16:7. The word 'Comforter' is used in the English translation for the Greek word Paracletos which means advocate or a kind friend rather than a comforter.
Paracletos is the warped reading for Periclytos. Jesus (pbuh) actually prophesised Ahmed by name. Even the
Greek word Paraclete refers to the Prophet (pbuh) who is a mercy for all creatures.

Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Sprit. They fail to realise
that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the
Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and again when Jesus (pbuh) was being baptised, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet
Muhammad (pbuh).

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 12-14:

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is
come, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me".

The Sprit of Truth, spoken about in this prophecy referes to none other than Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)
Last edited by Muslim_man on Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

ENIGMA
Sage

Post #2

Post by ENIGMA »

Unless you are Dr. Zakir Naik, then you are committing plagiarism.

Source
Gilt and Vetinari shared a look. It said: While I loathe you and all of your personal philosophy to a depth unplummable by any line, I will credit you at least with not being Crispin Horsefry [The big loud idiot in the room].

-Going Postal, Discworld

Muslim_man

Post #3

Post by Muslim_man »

woops... thanks, i Thought i had has name in the title #-o

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by McCulloch »

Moved because there is no clear question for debate. Please read the rules and Tips on starting a debate topic
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Muslim_man

Post #5

Post by Muslim_man »

so i guess no on really had anything to say :-k

-------

Cool you live in toronto too :D

MrWhy
Scholar

Post #6

Post by MrWhy »

Muslim_man wrote:so i guess no on really had anything to say
Religious scripture may contain accounts of actual historical events and people. These accounts are not evidence of a god because a god was not necessary to acquire this information. Claims of miracle events such as virgin birth, restoring life to the dead, and that scripture is the revelation of a god are also not evidence because they are not corroborated by historians outside the religion. It would be difficult to substantiate even a recent story about a supernatural event. Quoting scripture, or other religious sources, to corroborate scripture is not substantiation. Miracle stories that are decades old require a degree of validation that ancient documents cannot supply. Without solid verification of claimed miracle events these scriptures lack any supernatural connection. They are only stories and myths written by people. Most people don't choose a religion, but adopt whatever religion their family and culture embraced. This is strong evidence that religion is created and perpetuated solely by people.

There are only two types of information in religious scripture that, if true, would indicate a creator god was the scripture source. This would be information that could not be obtained solely by humans at the time the original scriptures were written. All other accounts, facts, stories are things people are capable of creating. The two types of information that only a god could have revealed are:
1. Specific detail information about prehistoric earth and life that is now confirmed by geology and paleontology. If the original scriptures had this Information, then that would be strong evidence that it came from an all-knowing creator. SPECIFIC DETAIL, not general statements.
2. Accurate detailed prophecies about current events. If these predictions were in original scripture versions, they would be evidence that a god revealed them to the authors. Specific dates, places, names.

The claims of prophecies and scientific facts revealed in scripture do not have enough specific detail to allow verification, and creative interpretation is necessary to match them with any current event or knowledge. An account of prophecy fullfillment written after the event occured is not a prophecy. Stories of miracles are not evidence of divine revelation because these accounts can be created by people, and cannot be verified.

Until it can be proven that scripture is the revelation of a god, it is unreasonable to quote scripture for any other purpose. Put another way. You can list scripture that proves one of the two requirements listed above, and if that proof is accepted, then other scripture verse has some validity.

Jamarz
Student

Re: -PROPHET MUHAMMAD (pbuh) IN THE BIBLE-DR.Zakir Naik

Post #7

Post by Jamarz »

Muslim_man wrote:Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the Old Testament:

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures) in the law and the Gospel".

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

The Christians say that this prophecy refers to Jesus (pbuh) because Jesus (pbuh) was like Moses (pbuh). Moses (pbuh) was a Jew, as well as Jesus (pbuh) was a Jew. Moses (pbuh) was a Prophet and Jesus (pbuh) was also a Prophet.

If these two are the only criteria for this prophecy to be fulfilled, then all the Prophets of the Bible who came after
Moses (pbuh) such as Solomon, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Malachi, John the Baptist, etc. (pbut) will

i)
Both had a father and a mother, while Jesus (pbuh) was born miraculously without any male intervention.

ii)
Both were married and had children. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not marry nor had children.

iii)

Muhammad (pbuh) is from among the brethren of Moses (pbuh). Arabs are brethren of Jews. Abraham (pbuh) had two sons: Ishmail and Isaac (pbut). The Arabs are the descendants of Ishmail (pbuh) and the Jews are the descendants of Isaac (pbuh).

Words in the mouth:

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was unlettered and whatever revelations he received from Almighty God he repeated them verbatim.

"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

iv)
Both besides being Prophets were also kings i.e. they could inflict capital punishment. Jesus (pbuh) said, "My kingdom is not of this world." (John 18:36).

v)
Both were accepted as Prophets by their people in their lifetime but Jesus (pbuh) was rejected by his
people. John chapter 1 verse 11 states, "He came unto his own, but his own received him not."

iv)
Both brought new laws and new regulations for their people. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not bring any new laws. (Mathew 5:17-18).

"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not harken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him."

"And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned."

When Archangel Gabrail commanded Muhammad (pbuh) by saying Iqra - "Read", he replied, "I am not learned".

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters
of Jerusalem."

In the Hebrew language im is added for respect. Similarely im is added after the name of Prophet Muhammad
(pbuh) to make it Muhammadim. In English translation they have even translated the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) as "altogether lovely", but in the Old Testament in Hebrew, the name of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is yet present.

"And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said, 'O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me and giving glad tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmed.' But when he came to them with clear signs, they said, 'This is evident sorcery!' "

All the prophecies mentioned in the Old Testament regarding Muhammad (pbuh) besides applying to the Jews also hold good for the Christians.

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever."

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not

"Ahmed" or "Muhammad" meaning "the one who praises" or "the praised one" is almost the translation of the
Greek word Periclytos. In the Gospel of John 14:16, 15:26, and 16:7. The word 'Comforter' is used in the English translation for the Greek word Paracletos which means advocate or a kind friend rather than a comforter.
Paracletos is the warped reading for Periclytos. Jesus (pbuh) actually prophesised Ahmed by name. Even the
Greek word Paraclete refers to the Prophet (pbuh) who is a mercy for all creatures.

Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Sprit. They fail to realise
that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the
Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and again when Jesus (pbuh) was being baptised, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet
Muhammad (pbuh).

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth is
come, he will guide you unto all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me".

The Sprit of Truth, spoken about in this prophecy referes to none other than Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)
Oh this is priceless because every forum that includes a discussion on religion has this same cut and paste argument from Dr. Zakir Naik. Another one of his many Muslim Proselytizers, no doubt. :whistle:

And no thank you. I am not interested in randomly rambling thru this subject. I just am amused to find it here, that is all. lol :P :P

dattaswami
Banned
Banned

Why Mohammed told He was the last prophet?

Post #8

Post by dattaswami »

Why Mohammed told He was the last prophet?

Rohit: Swami! In Quran, it is stated that Mohammed is not father of any one.
Further it is stated there that He is the last Prophet sent by God.
What is the inner meaning of this, if this verse is genuine statement?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Swami: Oh Rohit! You have picked up very crucial concept of spirituality.
This statement is original and therefore it entered your mind.
The inner meaning of this verse is based on the angle, which you take
For the word Mohammed, here the word Mohammed stands only
For the external human form and not the internal eternal God.
Islam does not agree to the concept of human incarnation.

When Bible says the word Jesus, it means the internal eternal God.
When the Gita says Krishna, He means the same eternal God.
Because both Christianity and Hinduism believe God in flesh.
We need not criticise Islam for not believing Human Incarnation,
Because the main idea is that there is always misuse of this concept.
The human beings claim themselves as human incarnations.
Every human being following the philosophy of Advaita in Hinduism
Feels that it is the Lord, this is very dangerous extrapolation.
Even devils and demons claimed themselves as eternal God
By doing certain miracles after achieving some super powers.

All these dangerous misleading cases harm the devotees.
In the name of idol worship also, priests have exploited devotees.
They keep idols in front and rob the wealth of devotees.
To avoid all these misleading misused concepts, Islam sorted
To the worship of formless aspect of God, we appreciate this.
But because of misuses we cannot deny basic system itself.
If copying is happening, it should be arrested by taking care.
We cannot cancel the very examination system for the fear of
This misuse, we are not avoiding the journey by buses and trains
Due to possibility of accidents, the human incarnation is important.

That is the only path to reach God as said by Jesus because
The human beings approach God only through human form.
The devotees can get full satisfaction and full guidance only
From the human incarnation and not from any other form of God.
Of course, if you fear for the exploitation of this concept here,
It is better to stick to formless God or God through statues.
But you should be prepared for the disadvantages in the above ways.
You will also loose the golden chance provided by God for your sake.

Yet, Islam should be appreciated because avoiding danger is good.
Such decision was taken by Islam depending on the circumstances
And the atmosphere prevailed over the society during the time of Mohammed.
We should understand the religion from the point of the circumstances
And the environment that existed during the propagation at that time.

But now the scientific logical analysis is well developed and one need not fear
For the exploitation by the false human incarnations who can be easily
Identified, so you should not avoid the system in the present circumstances.
Islam is not a new concept to the Hinduism because in Hinduism
The philosophy of Madhva says the same and preaches that the Lord
Can never become the human being nor vice versa and this is also stated
By Jesus when He told that He was the Messenger sent by God.

Thus Islam agrees with Hinduism and Christianity in its basic concept.
Mohammed told that He was the last prophet because He did not like
Another false human incarnation to come and mislead and exploit the mass.
It is only to avoid the danger of exploitation of cunning human beings.

What is the reason for Islam not to accept the human incarnation?
Even Mohammed said that He was only the servant of God and He did not claim
Himself as the human incarnation, even though He Himself knows the truth
That He is the God in Flesh like Buddha or Krishna or Jesus.
This reason enlightens the greatness of Islam Religion, the reason is that
Once a real human incarnation is accepted, several fraud human incarnations
Claim themselves as God and mislead the spiritual aspirants for their selfish ends.

In fact such concept was so much polluted and got so much diluted
So that every human being started thinking that he himself is God.
In Hinduism this misinterpretation rules the minds of several people
Even today and most people think “Aham Brahmaasmi”, which means
“I am God”, people say that service to human beings is service to God
Because every human being is God only, Sankara condemned this concept

Which was a religion called Loka Sevaka Matam, when Jesus was worshipped
By a lady who was using some special scent to wash His divine lotus feet,
A disciple told that the cost of the scent could have been used to serve the beggars
The disciple thought that service to society is better than the personal service
Of the Lord, but Jesus immediately replied, “Let her do this service, beggars
Are always present in this world but I come rarely to this world”, this shows
That the Lord is far greater than the society and the social service is valid only
When the Lord gives permission to do so, because the saviour is the Lord
And not the society, thus the background of Islam should be properly understood.

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Post #9

Post by The Nice Centurion »

Muslim_man wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:54 am Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the Old Testament:

i)

ii)

iii)

Words in the mouth:

iv)

v)

iv)

of Jerusalem."

Muhammad (pbuh).

I thought long and far about what in the world " pbuh " could mean .
The best theory I came up with is : " perverted because unexposed hindu " !
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"

otseng
Savant

Post #10

Post by otseng »

The Nice Centurion wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:35 pm I thought long and far about what in the world " pbuh " could mean .
The best theory I came up with is : " perverted because unexposed hindu " !
Moderator Comment

The purpose of this forum is for civil discourse, not to make derogatory comments.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.