Why did God create Coronavirus (COVID-19)?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Donray
Guru

Why did God create Coronavirus (COVID-19)?

Post #1

Post by Donray »

If you belive God create it, then God at least does nothing to stop it. Is God killing many humans again to be spiteful? To teach us a lesson? Just because he can?

OR

IS God testing us to make sure we still have faith as he kills your parents, spouse or kids?

Danmark
Site Supporter

Re: The Dietary Laws

Post #131

Post by Danmark »

1213 wrote:
HaShev wrote: ... Is it not foolish to think Jesus an image of a man who couldn't save himself, his friends the apostles, and followers then and now could somehow save people from covid-19, whether his follower or not, by affiliation or not, bowing to his statue, or saying his made up name over and over like some beetle juice character?
Jesus tells in the Bible that he can’t do the things without God. So, it would really be foolish to claim otherwise.

I can of myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous; because I don't seek my own will, but the will of my Father who sent me.
John 5:30
So... Jesus is definitely not God.

Donray
Guru

Post #132

Post by Donray »

The JWs belive in at least two deities. God and a Demigod.

Donray
Guru

Re: Why did God create Coronavirus (COVID-19)?

Post #133

Post by Donray »

[Replying to post 128 by myth-one.com]

You don't belive in what??? What you don't belive in is not a word that is in a dictionary. Can you use words that have a meaning?

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #134

Post by AgnosticBoy »

[Replying to post 129 by DrNoGods]

I think we all need to tone down our fears about this virus, especially now that there's a treatment for covid-19:
"FDA reportedly will approve Covid-19 treatment remdesivir, which US-funded trial shows has 'positive effect' on recovery"
Source: https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/29/health/g ... index.html

The only question now is if Democrat governors will now open their economies or will they continue to be led by fear.

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #135

Post by Zzyzx »

Shall we take medical advice from medical professionals or from politicians, economists, and corporate managers?

How many deaths are we willing to accept so people can get haircuts and beauty treatments, gather in bars and restaurants, attend crowded sporting events and churches, avoid wearing masks, etc?
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #136

Post by AgnosticBoy »

Zzyzx wrote: .
Shall we take medical advice from medical professionals or from politicians, economists, and corporate managers?

How many deaths are we willing to accept so people can get haircuts and beauty treatments, gather in bars and restaurants, attend crowded sporting events and churches, avoid wearing masks, etc?
The advice of both medical and non-medical advisors should be factored in. Since Dr. Fauci is not an economist, his focus may not have been on opening the economy when many would say that it should be. By him framing his plan one way doesn't mean there wasn't another way that it could be done. I've shown an alternative way using scientific evidence.

Btw, did you read the article from my last post? There will be an approved covid-19 treatment. Noticed how much time the mainstream media spent on bashing Trump for asking about Lysol or recommending Hydroxychloroquine, while spending little time on the approval of a covid-19 treatment. So much attention is spent on the negatives.

AgnosticBoy
Guru

Post #137

Post by AgnosticBoy »

myth-one.com wrote:
[Replying to post 109 by AgnosticBoy]

Today, the makers of disinfectants issued warnings to not ingest their products as recommended by the president of the United States as a treatment for COVID-19.

Don't drink Lysol.

It's official, dumb is now fashionable! :(

Hype that.
President Trump asked about Lysol. That was not the best thing to do considering some of his followers might experiment on that for themselves.

But he also touted the drug Remdesivir. And now science has proven that the drug is effective for treating covid-19.

I'm not sure if you were trying to paint a picture that Trump has been a complete failure on this virus, esp. on drug recommendations. If so, do you agree he was right on Remdesivir?

The point is one mistake doesn't make him an incompetent president, especially when you factor in his POSITIVES, like his touting of a drug that is actually effective.

Look how Yahoo reported it a week ago:
Touted by Trump, hydroxychloroquine and remdesivir fail as coronavirus therapy in preliminary studies....
https://news.yahoo.com/touted-by-trump- ... 31030.html

Now they are having to eat their own words. Here's why:
FDA reportedly will approve Covid-19 treatment remdesivir, which US-funded trial shows has 'positive effect' on recovery
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/29/health/g ... index.html

Let that be a lesson to all Liberals.

Clownboat
Savant

Post #138

Post by Clownboat »

AgnosticBoy wrote:
Zzyzx wrote: .

The advice of both medical and non-medical advisors should be factored in. Since Dr. Fauci is not an economist, his focus may not have been on opening the economy when many would say that it should be. By him framing his plan one way doesn't mean there wasn't another way that it could be done. I've shown an alternative way using scientific evidence.

Btw, did you read the article from my last post? There will be an approved covid-19 treatment. Noticed how much time the mainstream media spent on bashing Trump for asking about Lysol or recommending Hydroxychloroquine, while spending little time on the approval of a covid-19 treatment. So much attention is spent on the negatives.
Not to discount this pandemic, but for far too many people, it seems to be the latest version of Desperate Housewives.

Like watching a train wreck. People want the carnage, not the clean up. Discussing treatment of Covid 19 does not sell as well as fear does.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

William
Savant

Post #139

Post by William »

[Replying to post 136 by AgnosticBoy]

William: How did this subject become political?

Did God created CVD19 in order for us to debate which of our current political systems is the best one to use in moving forward and through this...or over this?

It is quite apparent that those political systems got us into this mess with God in the first place...so I don't connect any dots therein the debate-switch.

The problem is a natural one, which depends upon our understanding of nature in order to find a solution.

Our current political systems cannot be both the cause of the problem and the solution to the problem.

The only sane thing left to us is in realizing this and contributing the focus of our energy into better investment which doesn't involve the practices of our current way of doing things.

God awaits our response to the dilemma. He has all the time in the world to wait...we, on the other hand...

DrNoGods
Prodigy

Post #140

Post by DrNoGods »

[Replying to post 134 by AgnosticBoy]
I think we all need to tone down our fears about this virus, especially now that there's a treatment for covid-19:

That might be wording it a little too strongly. The tests showed two things:

1) Hospital stays were reduced from 15 days on average to 11 days.

2) The mortality rate was 8.0% vs. 11.6% for placebo.

These are certainly beneficial results, and technically a "treatment" as it improves the patient's condition. But an 8% mortality rate is still something to be concerned about and I think most people would consider that to suggest that we still need to remain vigilant. As the study doctors say, more work is needed. It is a treatment not a cure, and people can still die who get the drug as the study showed. So not pouring cold water on the results, but I doubt it will allay fear in most people just yet. Good news all the same.
In human affairs the sources of success are ever to be found in the fountains of quick resolve and swift stroke; and it seems to be a law, inflexible and inexorable, that he who will not risk cannot win.
John Paul Jones, 1779

The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.
Mark Twain