Islam says Jesus was not crucified

Argue for and against religions and philosophies which are not Christian

Moderator: Moderators

cholland
Sage

Islam says Jesus was not crucified

Post #1

Post by cholland »

Surah 4:157 - And for claiming that they killed the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the messenger of GOD. In fact, they never killed him, they never crucified him - they were made to think that they did. All factions who are disputing in this matter are full of doubt concerning this issue. They possess no knowledge; they only conjecture. For certain, they never killed him.

Is this true of Muslims? Jesus was not crucified?

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #31

Post by Goat »

Apple Pie wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
Apple Pie wrote:
TrueReligion wrote: Ok, Here you admit that Jesus was not crucifiedd, and Quran is correct in its claim.
Problem solved:)
Thanks Apple_pie for solving the mystery.
What Arabic word(s) in 4.157 make you think that Jesus was not crucified?

وقولهم إنا قتلنا المسيح عيسى ابن مريم رسول
الله وما قتلوه وما صلبوه ولكن شبه لهم وإن
الذين اختل�وا �يه ل�ي شك منه ما لهم به من علم
إلا اتباع الظن وما قتلوه يقينا
Let me help other users understand what does this mean.

Full context start from 4:153 as
"The People of the Book ask you to bring down for them a book from Heaven. From Moses they demanded an even harder miracle than that. They asked him: "Make us see Allah with our own eyes." As a result of their wickedness, the thunderbolt overtook them. Then they took the calf for worship after receiving clear revelations. After all that, We still pardoned them and gave to Moses clear authority.[153]
We lifted the mount of Tur over them and took the covenant from them that they will obey Our commandments. On another occasion We commanded them to enter the gates prostrating in humility. Yet on another occasion We commanded them not to transgress in the matter of the Sabbath and took a solemn commitment from them.[154]
After all this, they still broke their covenant, rejected the Revelation of Allah,
killed the Prophets unjustly. Yet they say: "Our hearts are in secure wrappings which have preserved Allah’s Word; we need no more." Nay! It is Allah who has sealed their hearts on account of their disbelief. They have no faith except a little.[155]
They went in their unbelief to such an extent that they uttered terrible slander against Mary.[156]
They even say: "We have killed the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the
Messenger of Allah." Whereas in fact, neither did they kill him nor did they crucify him but they thought they did because the matter was made dubious for them. Those who differ therein are only in doubt. They have no real knowledge, they follow nothing but merely a conjecture, certainly they did not kill him (Jesus).[157] Nay! The fact is that Allah took him up to Himself. Allah is Mighty, Wise
.[158] There is none of the People of the Book but will believe in this fact before his death; and on the Day of Resurrection Jesus will bear witness against them.[159] 4:[153-159]

Thanks Apple_Pie for helping us all out in this by quoting the correct verse of Quran, which clearly denies the crucifiction of Jesus(Peace be Upo Him)

You skipped the question entirely.

We don't need more googled English renderings, brother.

We need you to show the pivital Arabic words in this ayah which cause you to think that this is a crucifixion denial.

Can you do this?
This is a English web site. Argue in English, or provide your own very special translation.

If every english online translation from valid sources is the same , I would trust those over your claims.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Apple Pie
Banned
Banned

Post #32

Post by Apple Pie »

goat wrote: This is a English web site. Argue in English, or provide your own very special translation.

If every english online translation from valid sources is the same , I would trust those over your claims.
Show us, brother...

TrueReligion
Banned
Banned

Post #33

Post by TrueReligion »

Apple Pie wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
Apple Pie wrote:
TrueReligion wrote: Ok, Here you admit that Jesus was not crucifiedd, and Quran is correct in its claim.
Problem solved:)
Thanks Apple_pie for solving the mystery.
What Arabic word(s) in 4.157 make you think that Jesus was not crucified?

وقولهم إنا قتلنا المسيح عيسى ابن مريم رسول
الله وما قتلوه وما صلبوه ولكن شبه لهم وإن
الذين اختل�وا �يه ل�ي شك منه ما لهم به من علم
إلا اتباع الظن وما قتلوه يقينا
Let me help other users understand what does this mean.

Full context start from 4:153 as
"The People of the Book ask you to bring down for them a book from Heaven. From Moses they demanded an even harder miracle than that. They asked him: "Make us see Allah with our own eyes." As a result of their wickedness, the thunderbolt overtook them. Then they took the calf for worship after receiving clear revelations. After all that, We still pardoned them and gave to Moses clear authority.[153]
We lifted the mount of Tur over them and took the covenant from them that they will obey Our commandments. On another occasion We commanded them to enter the gates prostrating in humility. Yet on another occasion We commanded them not to transgress in the matter of the Sabbath and took a solemn commitment from them.[154]
After all this, they still broke their covenant, rejected the Revelation of Allah,
killed the Prophets unjustly. Yet they say: "Our hearts are in secure wrappings which have preserved Allah’s Word; we need no more." Nay! It is Allah who has sealed their hearts on account of their disbelief. They have no faith except a little.[155]
They went in their unbelief to such an extent that they uttered terrible slander against Mary.[156]
They even say: "We have killed the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the
Messenger of Allah." Whereas in fact, neither did they kill him nor did they crucify him but they thought they did because the matter was made dubious for them. Those who differ therein are only in doubt. They have no real knowledge, they follow nothing but merely a conjecture, certainly they did not kill him (Jesus).[157] Nay! The fact is that Allah took him up to Himself. Allah is Mighty, Wise
.[158] There is none of the People of the Book but will believe in this fact before his death; and on the Day of Resurrection Jesus will bear witness against them.[159] 4:[153-159]

Thanks Apple_Pie for helping us all out in this by quoting the correct verse of Quran, which clearly denies the crucifiction of Jesus(Peace be Upo Him)

You skipped the question entirely.

We don't need more googled English renderings, brother.

We need you to show the pivital Arabic words in this ayah which cause you to think that this is a crucifixion denial.

Can you do this?
How many arabic you need to know?
sometimes you ask classic arabic, some time lexical arabic, now asking for piital arabic.

I'am sorry, ive to respect other members, and rule here, I have to provide in english, from authentic site
And sorry to say, I dont google as you, Ive own set of Quran translation from all recognised authors.

Apple Pie
Banned
Banned

Post #34

Post by Apple Pie »

TrueReligion wrote: I'am sorry, ive to respect other members, and rule here, I have to provide in english, from authentic site
And sorry to say, I dont google as you, Ive own set of Quran translation from all recognised authors.

أنت لا تعر� العربية ال�صحى الأخ

TrueReligion
Banned
Banned

Post #35

Post by TrueReligion »

Apple Pie wrote:
TrueReligion wrote: I'am sorry, ive to respect other members, and rule here, I have to provide in english, from authentic site

No comments as per the rule

Apple Pie
Banned
Banned

Post #36

Post by Apple Pie »

TrueReligion wrote:
Apple Pie wrote:

The Arabic was not even directed at you, brother...

TrueReligion
Banned
Banned

Post #37

Post by TrueReligion »

Apple Pie wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
Apple Pie wrote:

Please stick to the topic, and reply to the questions as asked from you, or withdraw from your claims.

Apple Pie
Banned
Banned

Post #38

Post by Apple Pie »

TrueReligion wrote:
Apple Pie wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
Apple Pie wrote:

Please stick to the topic, and reply to the questions as asked from you, or withdraw from your claims.
You've been busted, brother.

You are neither an Arab, nor do you know any Arabic whatsoever.

TrueReligion
Banned
Banned

Post #39

Post by TrueReligion »

Apple Pie wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
Apple Pie wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
Apple Pie wrote:

You've been busted, brother.

You are neither an Arab, nor do you know any Arabic whatsoever.
Bible itself proves that Jesus was never crucified:). This is what the summary of the link given to you, which you dont want to discuss here, as it will open the loop-holes of your faith

Bag-Of-Hammers
Banned
Banned

Re: Islam says Jesus was not crucified

Post #40

Post by Bag-Of-Hammers »

cholland wrote:Surah 4:157 - And for claiming that they killed the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the messenger of GOD. In fact, they never killed him, they never crucified him - they were made to think that they did. All factions who are disputing in this matter are full of doubt concerning this issue. They possess no knowledge; they only conjecture. For certain, they never killed him.

Is this true of Muslims? Jesus was not crucified?
Just like denying the Holocost ever happened, this one claim by Muhammad is an abomination to God on MANY levels. He demanded that all people worshop him and no one else. He is the false prophet, and the antichrist.