Christian marriage is man and woman/husband and wife.

Debating issues regarding sexuality

Moderator: Moderators

99percentatheism
Banned
Banned

Christian marriage is man and woman/husband and wife.

Post #1

Post by 99percentatheism »

There is no secular or theological challenge to be made that a "Christian marriage" isn't immutably a man and woman/husband and wife. Therefore, it should be a criminal act under current hate crimes laws, to accuse a Christian of hate, bigotry, or irrational . . ., if they assert the immutability of the structure of marriage as man and woman/husband and wife.

As Jesus proclaimed it in the Gospels and the writings reaffirm and define it so.

Why would anyone, religious or secularist, NOT support and affirm Christians adhering to the consistent and immutable Biblical teaching that a marriage is a man/husband and woman/wife?

ElCodeMonkey
Site Supporter

Post #1211

Post by ElCodeMonkey »

99percentatheism wrote:
ElCodeMonkey wrote: [Replying to post 1201 by 99percentatheism]
I certainly agree that the Bible is anti-homosexuality. I don't think there's any two ways about it.
Thank you.

Honesty is no hate crime. Nor is it bigoted or phobic.
I should probably add, though, that Christianity today is not the Christianity that Jesus taught. Thus I think one could be a true Christian and still support homosexuality. Christianity doesn't have to be "Biblical" because Jesus did not teach that a Bible would replace personal thought and seeking of truth. To be a true Christian, one must follow the teachings of the "Christ" who is understood to be Jesus. Not Paul, not John, not even Matthew, Mark, or Luke. Jesus. And yes, it's impossible to really know what Jesus taught thus it will be rather difficult to be a perfect Christian. Of course, even had you known everything he taught, it doesn't really make it all that easy to be perfect anyway. So I only agree for "modern" Christianity which, as far as I can tell, is no Christianity at all.
I'm Published! Christians Are Revolting: An Infidel's Progress
My Blog: Friendly By Nurture
The Wisdom I've gleaned.
My Current Beliefs.

99percentatheism
Banned
Banned

Post #1212

Post by 99percentatheism »

KCKID wrote: The below is the latest from Gosford, NSW, Australia that I post specifically with 99percentatheism in mind:

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/wa ... rk-debate/
KID, are you really trying to sell that if one congregation somewhere has a stance about something that this now sets their personal views above orthodoxy?

Because if we play out your logic, then God hates fags as Fred Phelps' congregation celebrates.

Now, I see why of course that these pro homosexuality liberals and progressives do not address opposing views. They simply have no orthodoxy to support their secularization of The Church and live more like a cult.

They are just two sides to the same coin huh? The same unbiblical coin.

help3434
Guru

Post #1213

Post by help3434 »

99percentatheism wrote:

I'd like one of the pro homosexuality people posting here to answer my above post point for point.

Or is it too much to ask for a theogical response in the apologetics section?
Maybe it is too much. If the only type of answer you were looking for here are verses from the Bible, why didn't you ask this in the theology subforum?

ElCodeMonkey
Site Supporter

Post #1214

Post by ElCodeMonkey »

help3434 wrote:
99percentatheism wrote:

I'd like one of the pro homosexuality people posting here to answer my above post point for point.

Maybe it is too much. If the only type of answer you were looking for here are verses from the Bible, why didn't you ask this in the theology subforum?
Indeed. Definitely miscategorized if simply debating from the Biblical perspective and not the world-wide perspective.
The Wisdom I've gleaned.
My Current Beliefs.

ElCodeMonkey
Site Supporter

Post #1215

Post by ElCodeMonkey »

ElCodeMonkey wrote:
help3434 wrote:
99percentatheism wrote:

Indeed. Definitely miscategorized if simply debating from the Biblical perspective and not the world-wide perspective.
Well, I guess that wasn't the purpose of the thread though. His purpose was to indicate that his views on marriage shouldn't be considered a hate crime because he's just following his anti-gay religion.
The Wisdom I've gleaned.
My Current Beliefs.

ElCodeMonkey
Site Supporter

Post #1216

Post by ElCodeMonkey »

Is there anyone on the forum that believes a Christian should not have a right to voice his opinion that a Christian marriage should be between a man and a woman?

I don't think anyone will say yes, but who knows. If all you do is voice your opinion by Christian for Christian, I don't think anyone will call it a hate crime.

If, however, you're rude, belligerent, hateful, spiteful, condemning, etc, etc, yes, people will call it a hate crime even when it comes from one Christian to another.
The Wisdom I've gleaned.
My Current Beliefs.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #1217

Post by Danmark »

ElCodeMonkey wrote: Is there anyone on the forum that believes a Christian should not have a right to voice his opinion that a Christian marriage should be between a man and a woman?

I don't think anyone will say yes, but who knows. If all you do is voice your opinion by Christian for Christian, I don't think anyone will call it a hate crime.

If, however, you're rude, belligerent, hateful, spiteful, condemning, etc, etc, yes, people will call it a hate crime even when it comes from one Christian to another.
I agree that it would be very surprising if anyone said a Christian should not voice her opinion about her beliefs.

But for clarity I want to reiterated that the boorish and hateful behavior you describe, but such attitudes and expressions are protected by the 1st Amendment. It is not a 'hate crime' to be rude, obnoxious, hateful, or mean.

To rise to the level of criminality the behavior has to be more than true speech; it must include violence or the threat of violence. And the threat has to be more than mere words to be a crime. The threat must be regarding an imminent physical, violent attack that the listener reasonably believes will actually be carried out.

It is for this reason that groups like the Nazis are allowed to spew their hateful filth publicly, as long as they don't transgress the line regarding actual threats of physical harm that fit the definition above.

I mention it here because 99% as previously revealed he either does not understand this distinction, or wants to alter the 1st Amendment so he can pass a law that could imprison for mere speech.

KCKID
Guru

Post #1218

Post by KCKID »

ElCodeMonkey wrote:
ElCodeMonkey wrote:
help3434 wrote:
99percentatheism wrote:

Well, I guess that wasn't the purpose of the thread though. His purpose was to indicate that his views on marriage shouldn't be considered a hate crime because he's just following his anti-gay religion.
...while not being nearly as pedantic at following his anti-divorce/remarriage religion. His only response to this whenever it's raised is, "Two wrongs don't make a right." After passing this off with such a token response he seems more than happy to accept these 'biblical sinners' into his Church while continuing his tirade against gays and gay marriage. Just how serious is this man when it comes to upholding biblical standards ...? Obviously, not very, otherwise the many divorced/remarried folks that sit in the Church pews and even attain church positions would equally be in his sights. . . .

Joab
Under Probation

Post #1219

Post by Joab »

99percentatheism wrote:
Joab wrote:
99percentatheism wrote:
Joab wrote: [Replying to post 1187 by 99percentatheism]

Prove what??????????
99percentatheism wrote:
Joab wrote:
Danmark wrote: My favorite way to argue this is to ask, "When did you 'decide' to be heterosexual?"
I have asked that on many forums, the homobash crew evade like a gazelle.
The Homobash Crew is nothing compared to the Christian Attack Squad. The Homobash Crew is a propaganda tactic. A label of neologism by the anti-Christian fanatic. Christians have to watch what they do and say or else they get sued and screwed by the forces arrayed against them.

Now when does a person decide to live like a Christian?

That is the real question for this thread.

For a Christian, marriage is man and woman/husband and wife. And Homosexual Culture, gay and lesbian and most certainly Bi-Sexual, are choices made that are outside the Christian faith.

Simple.
So when did you CHOOSE to be heterosexual?
When my Mother and Father and other morally sound role models taught me right from wrong.

Thanks for asking.
And how do you go about now denying your homosexual attractions?
You don't seem to be able to comprehend how weak a demand that is.

Try answering ALL my positions point for point or admit that you have no other response to the truth of biblically sound positions other than subterfuge and pathetic jabs.

There are plenty of other threads for you to look for Christians to bash. I am not one that is afraid of you or your kind at all.

Admit that you have absolutely no Biblical truth to demand that we celebrate homosexuality and move on.
This is simply evasion.

How do you now control your homosexual attractions? Was the question, please answer it.

KCKID
Guru

Post #1220

Post by KCKID »

Joab wrote:
99percentatheism wrote:
Joab wrote:
99percentatheism wrote:
Joab wrote: [Replying to post 1187 by 99percentatheism]

Prove what??????????
99percentatheism wrote:
Joab wrote:
Danmark wrote: My favorite way to argue this is to ask, "When did you 'decide' to be heterosexual?"
I have asked that on many forums, the homobash crew evade like a gazelle.
The Homobash Crew is nothing compared to the Christian Attack Squad. The Homobash Crew is a propaganda tactic. A label of neologism by the anti-Christian fanatic. Christians have to watch what they do and say or else they get sued and screwed by the forces arrayed against them.

Now when does a person decide to live like a Christian?

That is the real question for this thread.

For a Christian, marriage is man and woman/husband and wife. And Homosexual Culture, gay and lesbian and most certainly Bi-Sexual, are choices made that are outside the Christian faith.

Simple.
So when did you CHOOSE to be heterosexual?
When my Mother and Father and other morally sound role models taught me right from wrong.

Thanks for asking.
And how do you go about now denying your homosexual attractions?
You don't seem to be able to comprehend how weak a demand that is.

Try answering ALL my positions point for point or admit that you have no other response to the truth of biblically sound positions other than subterfuge and pathetic jabs.

There are plenty of other threads for you to look for Christians to bash. I am not one that is afraid of you or your kind at all.

Admit that you have absolutely no Biblical truth to demand that we celebrate homosexuality and move on.
This is simply evasion.

How do you now control your homosexual attractions? Was the question, please answer it.
It's all "Bible" as far as 99percent is concerned to the very exclusion of the human analytic mind. Except when it comes to divorce and remarriage, that is. He avoids that biblical 'no-no' because its far too common (and accepted by the majority of Christians) for 99percent to tackle. Better to play it safe and stick to condemning the far fewer gay population.

It's unlikely that you'll get a straight answer from 99percent so you may as well give up.
:D