How is one saved?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

AdHoc
Guru

How is one saved?

Post #1

Post by AdHoc »

Some people say you need to pray the sinner's prayer, some say believe in Jesus... is there a clear instruction from the Bible how to be saved?

Dropship
Under Probation

Re: How is one saved?

Post #911

Post by Dropship »

AdHoc wrote: Some people say you need to pray the sinner's prayer, some say believe in Jesus... is there a clear instruction from the Bible how to be saved?
The first requirement is to simply like Jesus and want to be his friend, then take it from there..:)

"You're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends"(John 15:15)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #912

Post by myth-one.com »

meshak wrote:
myth-one.com wrote:
we-live-now wrote:Did you make any progress?

LOL! :)

we-live-now
Yes.

How is one saved?

Ye must be born again.
What do you mean by "born again"?

thanks.
Being born again into the Kingdom of God is a two-step process. The first step is to be born as a human being:
Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. (John 3:3)
Man is the only animal which may gain access into the Kingdom of God. So the first step to becoming a member of the Kingdom of God is to be born as a man or woman and not some other animal. This birth is of water. We are approximately 70% water and life on the earth is dependent on water.

However, man cannot enter the Kingdom of God in his present flesh and blood physical body:
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. (I Corinthians 15:50)

The Bible describes only two types of beings, physical and spiritual:
There is a natural (or physical) body, and there is a spiritual body. (I Corinthians 15:44)

There are two body types, natural and spiritual and they are different. Each of these body types requires a separate birth:
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (John 3:6)

The scriptures state that man must be born again to enter the Kingdom of God. What type of birth must this be?

There are only two body types, natural and spiritual, and man is born initially as a natural flesh and blood body.

But flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God! Therefore, for man to enter the Kingdom of God he must abandon his physical body and be born again as the only remaining body type -- a spiritual body!

It is so logically simple! Man must be born again as a spirit to enter the spiritual Kingdom of God!

Man is mortal and spirits are immortal. Or put another way, man dies and spirits live forever.

Death only applies to one type of being -- the natural bodied beings.

So the only way to be "saved" from the death awaiting every natural bodied being is to be born again as a spiritual being.
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. (John 3:5-7)
===========================================================================
Christians will be born again at or after the Second Coming.

There are presently zero "born again" Christians in the world.

AdHoc
Guru

Post #913

Post by AdHoc »

Dropship wrote:
AdHoc wrote: Some people say you need to pray the sinner's prayer, some say believe in Jesus... is there a clear instruction from the Bible how to be saved?
The first requirement is to simply like Jesus and want to be his friend, then take it from there..:)

"You're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends"(John 15:15)
Dropship, what does it mean to you to be Jesus' friend and to follow Him?

meshak
Site Supporter

Post #914

Post by meshak »

myth-one.com wrote:

There are presently zero "born again" Christians in the world.
I think this is what JW teaches.

How I understand is; if you abandon yourself and live for Christ, you are born again.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #915

Post by myth-one.com »

meshak wrote:
myth-one.com wrote: There are presently zero "born again" Christians in the world.
I think this is what JW teaches.

My goal was to explain how the Bible defines being born again.

I'm not responsible for the teachings of others.

I do not know of any denomination which follows the biblical teachings.
meshak wrote:How I understand is; if you abandon yourself and live for Christ, you are born again.
Then you do not accept the Biblical explanation.

meshak
Site Supporter

Post #916

Post by meshak »

[Replying to post 909 by myth-one.com]

You are entitled to your opinion.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #917

Post by myth-one.com »

meshak wrote: [Replying to post 909 by myth-one.com]

That really isn't true in this case!

I'm a Christian and believe the teachings of the Bible.

I am not going to falsely agree with the vast majority of Christians who have been taught that they were born with everlasting life -- since the scriptures state otherwise.

Everlasting life is spoken of as an inheritance, gift, or promise in the Bible. It is never mentioned as something one is born with.

If we were all born with everlasting life, there would be no cause to be born again into everlasting life!

We are not born with our reward.

Cewakiyelo
Scholar

Post #918

Post by Cewakiyelo »

You must understand that myth-one is of the opinion that mankind as we live upon this earth has no spirit. That God gave us none.

Being born again is about setting aside ones own willful spirit and adopting that of God. Jesus telling us that we are to be the temple for the Spirit of God to dwell in. This so that God can fulfill His covenant with mankind that says He will write His message into our hearts. This accomplished by the Holy Spirit teaching and guiding us as the Spirit dwells within the temple we have created. When we allow God to direct us and we have abandoned our own will, our own spirit, we are no longer the same person that we were. No longer living for the flesh but living for the Spirit that now resides within. We adopt the Holy Spirit as our own spirit and the Holy Spirit adopts us as children of God. As Romans 8:29 says.. we are conformed to the image of His Son.

Sadly myth-one's view point does not allow for the Spirit of God to reside within. He has to die before he can become born again. He can not set aside his own willful spirit as he has no spirit to set aside. He can not adopt, and become born again to the Spirit of God because that, in his view, requires him to die first so that he can become a spirit. He is stuck with no relationship with God. Only the hope that he might one day have one. Truly sad.

At least this is the message I received from myth-one in the past. Perhaps he as grown in understanding since then.

The really odd thing that myth-one seems not to grasp is that if man has no spirit, and man can not have spirit while in fleshly form. Than the flesh of man, mankind, is not even part of the equation. It matters not what the fleshly being does because he has no spirit to soil. All the sins done are to the flesh that once dead ceases to exist. No need for forgiveness as the person in all presentation is gone. Once dead there is nothing to stand before God to be judged, not spirit nor flesh.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #919

Post by myth-one.com »

Cewakiyelo wrote:You must understand that myth-one is of the opinion that mankind as we live upon this earth has no spirit. That God gave us none.
That's a false statement. But it can be easily modified to make it true. Here is the truth as stated by Myth-one and the Bible:

You must understand that myth-one is of the opinion that mankind as we live upon this earth has no spiritual body. That God gave us none.

That is the one remaining difference between mankind and the angels -- body type, natural versus spiritual!

The Bible is about how mankind man gain everlasting spiritual life.

It is not something we are born with.

Believing that we are spirits is equating mankind with God -- who is a Spirit. It's called blasphemy.
Cewakiyelo wrote:Being born again is about setting aside ones own willful spirit and adopting that of God. Jesus telling us that we are to be the temple for the Spirit of God to dwell in. This so that God can fulfill His covenant with mankind that says He will write His message into our hearts.
Yes, and what is that wonderful message??

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #920

Post by myth-one.com »

Cewakiyelo wrote:You must understand that myth-one is of the opinion that mankind as we live upon this earth has no spirit. That God gave us none.

Cewakiyelo wrote:Being born again is about setting aside ones own willful spirit and adopting that of God.
Being born again is a real event which occurs at the resurrection. Mortal Christian bodies (both dead and alive) will be born again as everlasting spiritual bodies.

d
Jesus telling us that we are to be the temple for the Spirit of God to dwell in. This so that God can fulfill His covenant with mankind that says He will write His message into our hearts. This accomplished by the Holy Spirit teaching and guiding us as the Spirit dwells within the temple we have created. When we allow God to direct us and we have abandoned our own will, our own spirit, we are no longer the same person that we were. No longer living for the flesh but living for the Spirit that now resides within. We adopt the Holy Spirit as our own spirit and the Holy Spirit adopts us as children of God. As Romans 8:29 says.. we are conformed to the image of His Son.

Sadly myth-one's view point does not allow for the Spirit of God to reside within. He has to die before he can become born again. He can not set aside his own willful spirit as he has no spirit to set aside. He can not adopt, and become born again to the Spirit of God because that, in his view, requires him to die first so that he can become a spirit. He is stuck with no relationship with God. Only the hope that he might one day have one. Truly sad.

At least this is the message I received from myth-one in the past. Perhaps he as grown in understanding since then.

The really odd thing that myth-one seems not to grasp is that if man has no spirit, and man can not have spirit while in fleshly form. Than the flesh of man, mankind, is not even part of the equation. It matters not what the fleshly being does because he has no spirit to soil. All the sins done are to the flesh that once dead ceases to exist. No need for forgiveness as the person in all presentation is gone. Once dead there is nothing to stand before God to be judged, not spirit nor flesh.[/quote]