THE LORD'S SUPPER

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

JehovahsWitness
Savant

THE LORD'S SUPPER

Post #1

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Before Jesus died he made a covenant with 11 of his disciples.
LUKE 22:29-30 - New International Version
I confer [diatith] on you a kingdom, just as my Father conferred [diatith] one on me, so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

New World Translation
I make a covenant [diatithmi] with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, so that you may eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom, and sit on thrones to judge the 12 tribes of Israel.

QUESTION #1 Who will "sit on thrones" with Jesus in his Kingdom?

a) Only the 11 faithful Apostles
b) All Jewish Christians
c) All natural Jwes (ie the descendants of Abraham)
d) All spirit anointed born again Christians
e) Everyone that was ever born that has some love in them
f) Everyone that was ever born

other ___ (please explain)

QUESTION #2 Who is represented by the 12 tribes of Israel that will be judged by above?

b) All Jewish Christians

Why do most Jehovah's Witnesses not eat the bread or drink the wine at their memorial commemoration?
viewtopic.php?p=961920#p961920

RELATED POSTS
What is a Covenant?
viewtopic.php?p=1014803#p1014803

What is "The New Covenant"?
viewtopic.php?p=776505#p776505

Are there Christians that are not part of "The New Covenant"?
viewtopic.php?p=961920#p961920

Does the bible support the idea of two different groups of Christians?
viewtopic.php?p=1022933#p1022933

What were the TERMS and conditions of "The New Covenant"?
viewtopic.php?p=776656#p776656

What is the Covenant for a kingdom?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 73#p911573

What is the ABRAHAMIC covenant ?
viewtopic.php?p=1014247#p1014247
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

TripleZ
Banned
Banned

Re: THE LORD'S SUPPER

Post #2

Post by TripleZ »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Before Jesus died he made a covenant with 11 of his disciples.
I confer [diatithémi] on you a kingdom, just as my Father conferred [diatithémi] one on me, so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

New World Translation
I make a covenant [diatithémi] with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, so that you may eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom, and sit on thrones to judge the 12 tribes of Israel.

b) All Jewish Christians

QUESTION #2 Who is represented by the 12 tribes of Israel that will be judged by above?

b) All Jewish Christians

what is your question and or point, you mention 2 separate issue here ?

uk 22:25 But Yeshua said to them, "The kings of the Goyim lord it over them; and those in authority over them are given the title, 'Benefactor.'
Luk 22:26 But not so with you! On the contrary, let the greater among you become like the younger, and one who rules like one who serves.
Luk 22:27 For who is greater? The one reclining at the table? or the one who serves? It's the one reclining at the table, isn't it? But I myself am among you like one who serves.
Luk 22:28 "You are the ones who have stayed with me throughout my trials.
Luk 22:29 Just as my Father gave me the right to rule, so I give you an appointment,
Luk 22:30 namely, to eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom and to sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Isra'el.
Luk 22:31 "Shim`on, Shim`on, listen! The Adversary demanded to have you people for himself, to sift you like wheat!
Luk 22:32 But I prayed for you, Shim`on, that your trust might not fail. And you, once you have turned back in repentance, strengthen your brothers!"
Luk 22:33 Shim`on said to him, "Lord, I am prepared to go with you both to prison and to death!"
Luk 22:34 Yeshua replied, "I tell you, Kefa, the rooster will not crow today until you have denied three times that you know me."

and you quote the above, which has what to do with your ( hidden ) point ?

showme
Sage

Post #3

Post by showme »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Before Jesus died he made a covenant with 11 of his disciples.
I confer [diatithémi] on you a kingdom, just as my Father conferred [diatithémi] one on me, so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

New World Translation
I make a covenant [diatithémi] with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, so that you may eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom, and sit on thrones to judge the 12 tribes of Israel.

b) All Jewish Christians

b) All Jewish Christians

Revelation 20:4 is the best place for our answer. Who won't be there will be those with the "mark of the beast", which pretty well includes most of the "Christian" brotherhood.

Revelation 20:4 is also the best place for your second answer, whereas they will reign over all the nations (Rev 19:15).

You needed to have asked where are the "hypocrites". They are where there is "weeping and gnashing of teeth" (Mt 24:51).

TripleZ
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by TripleZ »

New World Translation

b) All Jewish Christians

b) All Jewish Christians

No, where does Gods word say that anyone else will it on the Throne of God ?

Eze_28:2 "Human being, tell the prince of Tzor that Adonai Elohim says: 'Because you are so proud and have said, "I am a god; I sit on the throne of God, surrounded by the sea"; yet you are a man, not God, even though you think that you think like God.

Rom 10:5 For Moshe writes about the righteousness grounded in the Torah that the person who does these things will attain life through them.
Rom 10:6 Moreover, the righteousness grounded in trusting says: "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend to heaven?' " — that is, to bring the Messiah down —
Rom 10:7 or, " 'Who will descend into Sh'ol?' " — that is, to bring the Messiah up from the dead.
Rom 10:8 What, then, does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart." — that is, the word about trust which we proclaim, namely,
Rom 10:9 that if you acknowledge publicly with your mouth that Yeshua is Lord and trust in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be delivered.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart one goes on trusting and thus continues toward righteousness, while with the mouth one keeps on making public acknowledgement and thus continues toward deliverance.
Rom 10:11 For the passage quoted says that everyone who rests his trust on him will not be humiliated.
Rom 10:12 That means that there is no difference between Jew and Gentile — Adonai is the same for everyone, rich toward everyone who calls on him,
Rom 10:13 since everyone who calls on the name of Adonai will be delivered.

Especially vss 9,10,11..