Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Which Christianity is the True Faith?

Post #1

Post by boatsnguitars »

Seems after 2000 years, Christians can't decide - and God isn't talking.

So, which brave Christian wants to set it out clearly here: Who will speak for God?

Which Christianity is the true faith!?

(popping popcorn)
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

POI
Prodigy

Re: Which Christianity is the True Faith?

Post #2

Post by POI »

boatsnguitars wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:37 pm Image

So, which brave Christian wants to set it out clearly here: Who will speak for God?

(popping popcorn)
Let me know when you get to the bottom of it all? I placed a topic for discussion, a while back, and has not been resolved as of yet. You can start at post 371 of this topic for details viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39327&start=370
Last edited by POI on Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In case anyone is wondering... The avatar quote states the following:

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #3

Post by TRANSPONDER »

I don't think this is going to be resolved in online debate. God can only shew which is the true religion by holding up the hand of the last denomination standing after a decade of Holy War.

Let the Games begin.

Ross
Scholar

Post #4

Post by Ross »

boatsnguitars wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:37 pm Image

(popping popcorn)
None of the present ones.
There doesn't exist such a thing.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #5

Post by JehovahsWitness »

boatsnguitars wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:37 pm

True Christianity did not divide into various denominations and sects; the lack of unity amongst those that identify as Christians is evidence that their claims to "Christianity" are false. Jesus said his true followers would be identifiable by their fruit meaning, true Christianity would be evident by what it produces in the way of godly works.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

To read more please go to other posts related to...

CHRISTIAN DENOMINATIONS , RELIGIOUS TRUTH and ... JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Savant

Post #6

Post by 1213 »

boatsnguitars wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:37 pm Which Christianity is the true faith!?
Bible tells a Christian is a disciple of Jesus. And disciples of Jesus are those who remain in the word of Jesus.

…The disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.
Acts 11:26

Jesus therefore said to those Jews who had believed him, “If you remain in my word, then you are truly my disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
John 8:31-32

Therefore, anyone who remains in word of Jesus, is a true Christian and true Christianity is that what Jesus said.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #7

Post by TRANSPONDER »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:09 pm
boatsnguitars wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:37 pm

True Christianity did not divide into various denominations and sects; the lack of unity amongst those that identify as Christians is evidence that their claims to "Christianity" are false. Jesus said his true followers would be identifiable by their fruit meaning, true Christianity would be evident by what it produces in the way of godly works.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

To read more please go to other posts related to...

CHRISTIAN DENOMINATIONS , RELIGIOUS TRUTH and ... JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES
There's rotten fruit to start with. Even without a debate about the alleged misdeeds of the JW central control apparatus. The appeal to 'no division - just the true church and a lot of false ones' is as rotten an apologetic fruit as I have stood afar from; and I can eat Durian.
1213 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:20 am
boatsnguitars wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:37 pm Which Christianity is the true faith!?
Bible tells a Christian is a disciple of Jesus. And disciples of Jesus are those who remain in the word of Jesus.

Jesus therefore said to those Jews who had believed him, “If you remain in my word, then you are truly my disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”

Therefore, anyone who remains in word of Jesus, is a true Christian and true Christianity is that what Jesus said.
Then the only true Christians are people who don't observe the Sabbath?

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #8

Post by boatsnguitars »

1213 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:20 am

OK, great starting point. Then what? Are you just ignoring the fights, bloodshed and death over the disputes or are you not aware of them?

The question is which is the true Christianity, not what all Christians have in common.
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

Savant

Post #9

Post by 1213 »

boatsnguitars wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:28 pm ...Then what? Are you just ignoring the fights, bloodshed and death over the disputes or are you not aware of them?

The question is which is the true Christianity, not what all Christians have in common.
I think I answered to your question. Now, if someone claims to be a true Christian, you should check, is he remaining in word of Jesus, or is he following someone else's teachings that are in contradiction with the word of Jesus. I personally don't know people well enough to say who is truly a disciple of Jesus and actually I don't think I have to even tell that. For me it is enough if people know what it means and how to recognize one.

TRANSPONDER
Savant

Post #10

Post by TRANSPONDER »

Did I mention the No True Scotsman fallacy? The idea that you pick essentially Christians with whom no fault can be found as Real Christians. All the ones doing infighting, scams, exploitation, corruption, abuse of power and other things that make people question where is the good that Christianity is supposed to make of people, can be thrown under the bus as 'not Real Christians'.

I can guess you are a good person and perhaps because of your efforts to observe the words of Jesus, though I have seen intellectual honesty suffer a bit, as a well as a disappointing disregard for what science indicates, reason dictates and even what the Bible says if you don't find it suits, but the problem with religions are all those aspects you want to dismiss as not real Christians. They exist and will always be a problem with religions, all the time we have religions.

This is why a secular society with religions who pay tax and have their books, money making methods and internal dealings open to inspection. Good Christians can still believe what they like, but there will be no reason to be a bad Christian for money, power and exploitation. This is why a secularist society and less privileges for religion would e a good thing for the real believers and bad for the religious scammers.