Is Jesus mediator only for the “anointed class” of JW’s?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

MissKate13
Sage

Is Jesus mediator only for the “anointed class” of JW’s?

Post #1

Post by MissKate13 »

If true, then WHO mediates for the rest of the Jehovah’s Witnesses?
”For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins.” (John 8:24

tam
Savant

Re: Is Jesus mediator only for the “anointed class” of JW’s?

Post #131

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
2timothy316 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:32 pm [Replying to tam in post #129]
You have an excuse for everything but still can't give clear answers. I tried to make is simple but nooooooooo you said you can't do simple. I say you're not clear your response is that it's my fault. Ugh forget it.
Unbelievable, timothy. Just unbelievable. I gave clear answers (see post 127). I never said I could not do simple. And I showed just how unclear your questions were.

What more can I do?

Moving on...

Peace still to you.
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #132

Post by 2timothy316 »

tam wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:42 pm Peace to you,
2timothy316 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:32 pm [Replying to tam in post #129]
You have an excuse for everything but still can't give clear answers. I tried to make is simple but nooooooooo you said you can't do simple. I say you're not clear your response is that it's my fault. Ugh forget it.
Unbelievable, timothy. Just unbelievable. I gave clear answers (see post 127). I never said I could not do simple. And I showed just how unclear your questions were.

What more can I do?

Moving on...

Peace still to you.
You ask, 'what more can I do', well you can't do anything simple apparently as you admit. Yes you should move on.

tam
Savant

Post #133

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
Eloi wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:57 pm
Where will the kings and priests live together with Christ? Are we to literally understand that a city (where spirits live in heaven) is going to come down from heaven to literally settle somewhere on earth?
The city IS the people, Eloi. New Jerusalem (the city) IS the Bride. The Bride IS Christians. Christians are people.

People can certainly come down out of heaven from God and be upon the earth.

Rev. 3:12 “‘The one who conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out from it anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the New Jerusalem that descends out of heaven from my God, and my own new name.

Peace again to you.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #134

Post by 2timothy316 »

tam wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:49 pm
I cannot answer that question with a yes or a no.
tam wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:51 pm
Simple binary answers are not possible in all the things you are asking me.
This is why we can't move forward. The things I want to know are impossible for you. These posts show you can't be clear and you want to use the question as an excuse as to why you can't be clear.

tam
Savant

Post #135

Post by tam »

Peace again to you.
2timothy316 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:56 pm
This is why we can't move forward. The things I want to know are impossible for you. These posts show you can't be clear and blaming the question is not an excuse when I made my questions as simple as I could make them.
Timothy, these are great examples of how to quote-mine, but your questions were not at all simple. They were poorly formed (containing spelling and grammar errors rendering them unclear.) You can blame everything on me (including misrepresenting my words) or you can go back and look for yourself, just as easily as anyone reading this thread can do (if anyone else is even interested in this silly back and forth).

Peace still.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #136

Post by 2timothy316 »

tam wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:24 pm Peace again to you.
This is why we can't move forward. The things I want to know are impossible for you. These posts show you can't be clear and blaming the question is not an excuse when I made my questions as simple as I could make them.
Timothy, these are great examples of how to quote-mine, but your questions were not at all simple. They were poorly formed (containing spelling and grammar errors rendering them unclear.) You can blame everything on me (including misrepresenting my words) or you can go back and look for yourself, just as easily as anyone reading this thread can do (if anyone else is even interested in this silly back and forth).

Peace still.
Just stop with the excuses. I know you want the last word but its embarrassing to watch you throw attack after attack at me personally but not my questions. Plus it only NOW that you come with all these concerns with spelling and grammar, not addressing these things at the time of the question. You could have asked for clarity at anytime, but it is only when you're argument is weak that you bring them up. Just weak.

tam
Savant

Post #137

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
2timothy316 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:36 pm

Peace still.
Just stop with the excuses. I know you want the last word but its embarrassing to watch you throw attack after attack at me personally but not my questions.
I have not thrown personal attacks at you.
Plus it only NOW that you come with all these concerns with spelling and grammar, not addressing these things at the time of the question.

As I said earlier, I should have asked you to rephrase your question. Instead, I tried to answer anything that you might have meant (though I did ask a question in my response about what you meant... 'such as those who...?').

Regardless, the fact remains that this (the unclear question) is the reason I could not give you a "binary answer." And of course some things require more explanation than a simple yes or no, as you must surely agree.

You could have asked for clarity at anytime, but it is only when you're argument is weak that you bring them up. Just weak.
I only brought them up in response to your accusations that I was being unclear.

Peace still to you.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #138

Post by 2timothy316 »

tam wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:10 pm Peace to you,
2timothy316 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:36 pm

Peace still.
Just stop with the excuses. I know you want the last word but its embarrassing to watch you throw attack after attack at me personally but not my questions.
I have not thrown personal attacks at you.
your questions were not at all simple. They were poorly formed (containing spelling and grammar errors rendering them unclear.)
That is an attack.

tam
Savant

Post #139

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
Eloi wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:44 pm There will be no survivor of the great tribulation who is not a Christian. The scriptural proof, again, is here:

Rev. 7:9 After this I saw, and look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands. 10 And they keep shouting with a loud voice, saying: “Salvation we owe to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb.”
(...) 13 In response one of the elders said to me: “These who are dressed in the white robes, who are they and where did they come from?” 14 So right away I said to him: “My lord, you are the one who knows.” And he said to me: “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 That is why they are before the throne of God, and they are rendering him sacred service day and night in his temple; and the One seated on the throne will spread his tent over them. 16 They will hunger no more nor thirst anymore, neither will the sun beat down on them nor any scorching heat, 17 because the Lamb, who is in the midst of the throne, will shepherd them and will guide them to springs of waters of life. And God will wipe out every tear from their eyes.”

... as seen, only Christians will survive the great tribulation,
Those verses do not say 'only Christians will survive the great tribulation'. Those verses say that those people (who are Christians) came out of the great tribulation and washed their robes white in the blood of the lamb.

Those verses also do not say that all non-Christians are killed in the tribulation. Those verses do not say anything about non-Christians at all.

We can, however, see that non-Christians are still alive on the earth when Christ returns (cutting short the tribulation), because the people of the nations are gathered before Christ when He returns. (Matt 25:32)

Please also note that this great crowd of Christians is IN THE TEMPLE and rendering sacred service in that temple (verse 15).

1 - priests are those who render sacred service in the Temple.

2 - the Temple is the BODY OF Christ.

Therefore, the Great Crowd is indeed part of the Body of Christ, the Church, the Bride, the brothers of Christ... and as such, they reign with Christ as kings and priests in the Kingdom for the thousand years.

And God put everything under His feet and made Him head over everything for the church, 23which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all. Ephesians 1:22-23

For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Ephesians 5:23

But [Jesus] was speaking about the Temple of His body. 22After He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this. John 2:21, 22

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

Eloi
Banned
Banned

Post #140

Post by Eloi »

The kings and priests will live in heaven with Jesus forever and ever. They don't need to be on earth to rule over humanity in the Millenium, and still the beneficts of their kingship will be over the earth, that is what "new heavens" means.
Eloi wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:33 pm(...) The heavenly kings and priests will not return to live on earth but will be with Jesus in the heavenly realms forever:

1 Thess. 4:17 Afterward we the living who are surviving will, together with them, be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and thus we will always be with the Lord.

John 14:2 In the house of my Father are many dwelling places. Otherwise, I would have told you, for I am going my way to prepare a place for you. 3 Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will receive you home to myself, so that where I am you also may be.
... 17:24 Father, I want those whom you have given me to be with me where I am, in order that they may look upon my glory that you have given me, because you loved me before the founding of the world.

... However, obedient humanity will have eternity ahead of it, in a completely new human context: a perfect planet and a just humanity, in the midst of conditions of peace, without pain or disease, or death (Rev. 21:3,4).
In Rev. 20 it is said that at the end of the Millennium the Devil will obtain support from an indefinite number of humans who will surround the faithful who are on earth to harm them.

Rev. 20:7 Now as soon as the 1,000 years have ended, Satan will be released from his prison, 8 and he will go out to mislead those nations in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Maʹgog, to gather them together for the war. The number of these is as the sand of the sea. 9 And they advanced over the whole earth and encircled the camp of the holy ones and the beloved city. But fire came down out of heaven and consumed them. 10 And the Devil who was misleading them was hurled into the lake of fire and sulfur, where both the wild beast and the false prophet already were; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Who does Christendom teach are the ones who make up that "camp of the holy ones and beloved city"? The inmortal who are with Jesus? ...

1 Cor. 15:50 But I tell you this, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit God’s Kingdom, nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Look! I tell you a sacred secret: We will not all fall asleep in death, but we will all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the blink of an eye, during the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised up incorruptible, and we will be changed. 53 For this which is corruptible must put on incorruption, and this which is mortal must put on immortality. 54 But when this which is corruptible puts on incorruption and this which is mortal puts on immortality, then the saying that is written will take place: “Death is swallowed up forever.” 55 “Death, where is your victory? Death, where is your sting?”

Can flesh and blood humans face Jesus and his glorified brothers?

1 John 3:2 Beloved ones, we are now children of God, but it has not yet been made manifest what we will be. We do know that when he is made manifest we will be like him, because we will see him just as he is.

Phil. 3:20 But our citizenship exists in the heavens, and we are eagerly waiting for a savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our humble body to be like his glorious body by his great power that enables him to subject all things to himself.