Paradise on Earth

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

onewithhim
Savant

Paradise on Earth

Post #1

Post by onewithhim »

When I learned that the Bible speaks of a restored Garden of Eden and the restoration of mankind to the perfection and endless life that Adam forfeited, I was thrilled. Who doesn't want to keep living on this beautiful earth, with our loved ones, and being able to do all the things we love to do---endlessly?

If God said to you today, "When do you want to die?" would you say "now!!"? I don't think very many people would say that.

We CAN live forever here on Earth. The Bible tells us that we can.

Matthew 5:5
Psalm 37:9-11,29

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1281

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 1278 by brianbbs67]

Oh, I apologize. Good to hear that you listen to your wife. :D :D

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1282

Post by onewithhim »

Tell me...what can be better than this:

1) Having the home of your dreams (Isaiah 65:21-23)

2) All pain and suffering gone (Revelation 21:4,5)

3) A young, healthy body (Job 33:25; Isaiah 33:24)

4) Dead loved ones resurrected back to the earth (John 5:28; John 6:40 & 44)

5) Lame people will walk, deaf people will hear (Isaiah 35:5,6)

6) Plenty of food for everyone (Isaiah 25:6)

7) True peace and security (Micah 4:3,4)

8) Peace between humans and animals as well (Isaiah 11:6-9)

Is there anything else you can think of that you would like to experience without end? It will come to pass.

"Take exquisite delight in Jehovah, and he will give you the requests of your heart." (Psalm 37:4)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1283

Post by onewithhim »

Can someone explain to me why only 8 million people on this planet want to live here in Paradise forever? What do people think they'll do in heaven?

tam
Savant

Post #1284

Post by tam »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
tam wrote:according to your teachings as I have read from some of you, the people resurrected to live on the earth will be taught from the bible... and/or from new scrolls.
REVELATION 20:12
"and I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and scrolls were opened, and another scroll was opened, which is that of the life, and the dead were judged out of the things written in the scrolls -- according to their works"- Young's Literal Translation
tam wrote:But why would there be any need for such things when that which is complete has come?
Ask God, He's the one that had the above recorded in the bible (Revelation 20:12). If you doubt there is a need for these "scrolls" question God or Jesus not me.

JW

Is that confirmation that the people on earth will learn from the scrolls or the bible?

tam
Savant

Post #1285

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

I cannot speak for anyone else, and this is certainly a long thread to read through, but my response back from post 750:

[Replying to post 1281 by onewithhim]

tam wrote:
[Replying to post 748 by onewithhim]

Can anyone help me understand that?

Because people who love Christ long to be with Him, in person, face to face (or sitting at His feet).

Literally be with Him.

And before you assert that he is 'with' some of us now (via holy spirit), and it will be the same then... you have previously acknowledged that the apostles and disciples were looking forward to more than that; to when they would LITERALLY be with Him.

That is what His Body, those who love Him and seek Him, are looking forward TO.

The JW version of paradise earth says, 'no, you can't have that.'

It is not paradise earth that some are rejecting. It is the fact that the JW version of paradise earth comes at the cost of their being with their Lord, and that is the very thing that they long to do.

Surely you can understand that?

Yet, there is no such cost. We do inherit the earth. But Christ is with us. He gathers His own up to Him, to be married, to be changed "in a twinkling"... then the Holy City comes down out of heaven. So that Paradise (the garden of Eden) - in the midst of which is Christ (the Tree of Life) - is once again upon the earth.

And the dwelling of God is with men.

Though there may be some who would argue with that as well... others would not care WHERE their eternal home is (heaven or earth, or access to both), as long as they are with their Lord, seeing Him, speaking with Him, face to face (or sitting at His feet).

Peace to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy
viewtopic.php?p=879622#879622

Peace again to you!

Tcg
Savant

Post #1286

Post by Tcg »

onewithhim wrote: Can someone explain to me why only 8 million people on this planet want to live here in Paradise forever?
You'd have to support your assertion that only 8 million people on this planet want to live in paradise forever before this question would be considered valid and worth addressing.

If that number represents the worldwide membership of JWs, you'll need to provide evidence that no one outside the JW organization wants to go to heaven.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1287

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 1282 by tam]

I have, many times in the past, shown how, through the Scriptures, God can be "with" humans and yet still be in heaven. You never commented on that.

Anyway, you didn't answer my question as to exactly what you would be DOING when you are with Christ.

tam
Savant

Post #1288

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
onewithhim wrote: [Replying to post 1282 by tam]

I have, many times in the past, shown how, through the Scriptures, God can be "with" humans and yet still be in heaven. You never commented on that.
Of course I have commented on that. I even commented on it in the post you are responding to:

And before you assert that he is 'with' some of us now (via holy spirit), and it will be the same then... you have previously acknowledged that the apostles and disciples were looking forward to more than that; to when they would LITERALLY be with Him. - tam, above

Anyway, you didn't answer my question as to exactly what you would be DOING when you are with Christ.
I'm sure I have somewhere. Living, loving, serving, praising, acting as priests (king-priests).

"You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth."

"Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection! The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with Him for a thousand years."

They are before the throne of God and serve Him day and night in His temple; and the One seated on the throne will spread His tabernacle over them. 16Never again will they hunger, and never will they thirst; nor will the sun beat down upon them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb in the center of the throne will be their shepherd. He will lead them to springs of living water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’

This is the promise that had been held out to the nation of Israel alone (Exodus 19:6), but because the nation rejected Christ, the invitation opened up also to Gentiles (though God did reserve a remnant of Israel for Himself - 12 000 from 12 tribes to be precise).

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

onewithhim
Savant

Post #1289

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to post 1285 by tam]

"Reigning" with Christ. What does that mean?

tam
Savant

Post #1290

Post by tam »

[Replying to post 1286 by onewithhim]

I don't understand what you don't understand, so I might be misunderstanding your question. But ...

Acting as kings and priests (just as the verse states), etc. Not as this world acts - because this world lords itself over other people - but as Christ does; as He is teaching us how to do even now.

And of course anything that Christ gives us to do in the Kingdom.

Peace again to you,
- a slave of Christ,
tammy