Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Jehovah's Witnesses: False Prophecies

Post #1

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

First off, let me preface this by saying the following..

1. As mentioned on another thread, I have many years invested in dealing with Jehovah's Witnesses (JW's), from family, to friends, to strangers. I am very familiar with them and their theology.

2. I am beginning a series of threads attacking their "Christian" theology and doctrine. This one, as titled, deals with Jehovah's Witnesses and their false prophecies.

3. I have beef with, not only JW's, but ANYONE of whom I believe to be spreading false Christian doctrine. This includes, but not limited to...

A.) Mormons
B.) Catholics
C.) World Mission Society Church of God
D.) Hebrew Israelites

Jehovah's Witnesses are just one of many false Christian denominations. But, we are talking about Jehovah's Witnesses for now.

So, the question is ultimately; Why do I feel as if Jehovah's Witnesses are false teachers? There are many reasons, and one of those reasons is their many failed attempts at predicting prophecy.

Before I continue on post #2, keep in mind that future threads in this series will go straight to the gusto, with no preface.

Just FYI.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: False Prophecies

Post #121

Post by JehovahsWitness »

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:33 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:24 pm
STRAWMAN: "The truth" in all those expressions refer to bible truths not the modern day organisation which did not even exist until 1879.

There is nothing unscriptural about the terminology. You seem to be attributing a meaning to the terms contrary to intent. May I suggest you do some further research on JWs terminology before you attempt to criticize it.
That is incorrect. JW's use "the truth" to refer to their organization as it stands today, and yesterday.
You have produced nonevidence. I have.

Point dismissed
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #122

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:44 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:18 pm STRAWMAN THE W[ B]TS is a legal entity. The 8 million or or Jehovahs Witnesses are no part of it.
You acknowledge that it is a legal entity, but are you implying that it is just a legal entity?
It is just a legal entity. If you have any evidence otherwise produce it. A it stands your post is completely devoid of anything but personal opinon. ....

Point dismissed.
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #123

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:26 pm
We_Are_VENOM wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:19 pm
JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:51 am STRAWMAN Jehovahs Witnesses have never claimed to know something Jesus did not. They have expresses (somewhat over enthusiasticly at times) what they believe, their opinions, regarding to revealed prophecies. Like Peter, they were wrong and have been duly corrected. Rather a Peter than a Judas!

JW
No, those were more than just opinions ...
"the deliverance of the saints must take place some time before 1914 is manifest" Thy Kingdom Come (1911 ed.) p.228
"the Day of Vengeance ... will end in October, 1914" The Day of Vengeance p.547
"the great "time of trouble such as never was since there was a nation," will reach its culmination" The Time Is at Hand (1889 ed.) page 77 - page 78
"we present proofs that the setting up of the Kingdom of God is already begun" The Time Is At Hand (1889 ed.) p.101
"we consider it an established truth that the final end of the kingdoms of this world, and the full establishment of the Kingdom of God, will be accomplished near the end of A.D.1914." Studies in the Scriptures - The Time is at Hand (1889) 1911 ed. p.99
"October, 1914, will witness the full end of Babylon" Watch Tower 1911 Jun 15 p.190 (reprints p.4842)
"Christendom, will have passed away, as already shown in prophecy." Thy Kingdom Come (1891 ed.) p.153

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1975.php

As I stated, more than opinions. The leadership had spoke as the "God's chosen" organization which the people thought that they were...and the sheep simply moved accordingly to what the divinely inspired leadership told them.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #124

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:54 am
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:26 pm
We_Are_VENOM wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:19 pm

No, those were more than just opinions ...

And as I demonstrated with a quotation from the sourse "opinion"/"belief". You counterargument is in fact simply repetition. The publishers explicitly state their theological position and your addition quotation do not demonstrate any deviation from their originally stated position.

"The Watchtower does not claim to be inspired in its utterances, nor is it dogmatic." -Watchtower August 15, 1950, page 263.

"The brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers. (2 Tim. 3:16) And so, at times, it has been necessary, as understanding became clearer, to correct views. (Prov. 4:18)" - February 15, 1981, page 19.

Prove me wrong with evidence, if you can.

JW

RELATED POSTS

What is the difference between a PREDICTION and A PROPHECY? [this post]
viewtopic.php?p=1045225#p1045225

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

ORGANISATIONAL INFALLIBILITY ,FAILED PREDICTIONS and ...FALSE PROPHETS
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #125

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:49 pm
Okay. Now would be the time to actually point out the flaws.
We will get there in small steps, not leaps and bounds.

One step at a time.

We aren't even close to the tip of the iceberg.
And what are the "false Christian doctrine[s]" you believe Jehovah's Witnesses are spreading?
Lets see...

1. Nontrinitarian view of God
2. Against military service
3. Lack of holiday celebration (which includes birthdays).
4. Paradise earth, but no heaven
5. Disbelief in the immortal soul
6. Jesus is Michael the Archangel
7. Disbelief in a literal hell
8. A second chance for disbelievers
9. False prophecies/predictions
10. Jehovah's Witnesses are God's chosen organization

Would you like the list to go on and on as it pertains to JW's and the false doctrine that they push each and every day?
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:49 pm So far all I can see is grandeous statements, inflamatory opinion, straw man arguments and a notable lack of scripture. Did you leave your bible in the car?
Oooooo :applaud: Good one :approve:
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #126

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:07 pm
And what are the "false Christian doctrine[s]" you believe Jehovah's Witnesses are spreading?
Lets see...

1. Nontrinitarian view of God
2. Against military service
3. Lack of holiday celebration (which includes birthdays).
4. Paradise earth, but no heaven [STRAWMAN : JWs do believe in heaven]
5. Disbelief in the immortal soul
6. Jesus is Michael the Archangel
7. Disbelief in a literal hell
8. A second chance for disbelievers
9. False prophecies/predictions [already debunked]
10. Jehovah's Witnesses are God's chosen organization
JehovahsWitness wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:49 pm So far all I can see is grandeous statements, inflamatory opinion, straw man arguments and a notable lack of scripture. Did you leave your bible in the car?
Notations MINE

There are not ONE scriptures in your post. All the above are entirely scripurally sound positions. You have yet to prove any of them "false".
Do you think that in a debate forum your just listing something and declaring it "FALSE" consitutes evidence?

Dismissed

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #127

NOTES:
[1.] Is Jesus Almighty GOD?
viewtopic.php?p=751572#p751572

[2.] Should Christians engage in military service?
viewtopic.php?p=773650#p773650

[3.] Should Christians celebrate birthdays ?
viewtopic.php?p=918141#p918141

[4.] Is the idea of a PARADISE EARTH biblically sound?
viewtopic.php?p=956887#p956887

[5.] Is the soul immortal?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 39#p940639

[6.] Who is the Archqngel MICHEL?
viewtopic.php?p=936513#p936513

[7.] What is "bible HELL"?
viewtopic.php?p=969970#p969970

[8.] Are disbelivers given a "second chance " [resurrection of the wicked]?
viewtopic.php?p=851451#p851451

[9.] Are Jehovahs Witnesses FALSE PROPHETS?
viewtopic.php?p=1044873#p1044873

[10.] Do Jehovah's Witnesses represent the earthly part of God's ORGANISATION?
viewtopic.php?p=1045275#p1045275
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:53 pm, edited 15 times in total.

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #128

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:17 am
Do you question have the same doubts about the Apostle Peter, Moses? What about Jonah? The Prophet Nathan and any of the other Godly men and women that said and did things that were erroneous? What about Samson? Samuel? It is entirely unbiblical to conclude that infallibility is a condition of being lead by the Holy Spirit.

If you have found your bible, you might like to dust it off and try and prove me wrong.
Anyone of whom is not accurately teaching God's word deserves to be questioned and, if necessary, unfollowed.
Venni Vetti Vecci!!

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #129

We_Are_VENOM wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:21 pm
Anyone of whom is not accurately teaching God's word deserves to be questioned and, if necessary, unfollowed.

I agree.

Now....If you have found your bible, you might like to dust it off and try and prove me wrong with it.
Up til now There is not ONE scriptures in your post above . All the above beliefs of Jehovahs Witnesses are entirely scripurally sound. You have yet to prove any of them "false".
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We_Are_VENOM
Banned
Banned

Post #130

Post by We_Are_VENOM »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:21 am
And I should care, why?! My explanations are based on scripture.
That is what they all say. Everyone believes that their explanations are based on scripture, myself included.

However, a lot of what JW's teach is not based on scripture, in my opinion.
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:21 am I have no concern with them "sitting right" with those that cannot disprove it with those same scripture. My commission is to speak truth not make anyone accept it.
I feel the same way on my side of things. :approve:
Venni Vetti Vecci!!