Should God, knowing the consequences, not have granted freedom to souls?

Pointless Posts, Raves n Rants, Obscure Opinions

Moderator: Moderators

sridatta
Banned
Banned

Should God, knowing the consequences, not have granted freedom to souls?

Post #1

Post by sridatta »

[Questions from Shri Abhiram: Padanamaskaram Swami, Swamiji, as per my limited understanding, free will to a soul is granted by God. The direction of the action and its consequences is totally responsible by the soul (human being). So there is equal chance of doing right or wrong thing depending on the soul's decision. In that case, why did God give such freedom or free will where is a chance to do sins? I understood from one of your discourses that the souls (us) yearned for that freedom and thats why God granted such freedom to souls. My question is, God who knew the consequences of giving free will should not have granted such freedom to souls, though they yearned for it?]

Swami replied:-Your solution is not justified because God tried to give the advantage of freedom as well as the advantage of discipline simultaneously. While enjoying the good side of the fruit, one can avoid the bad side of the same fruit . This is always the best option for which any wise parent tries with his/her children. In this way, you have no place for blaming God. If God does not give free will, you will blame and scold God for His iron discipline. There are several good souls, who are using the good side of free will as well as avoiding the bad side of free will. If everybody is spoiled by free will, your suggestion has some meaning. Fearing copying, examinations cannot be cancelled. Fearing an accident, journey by train is not to be discarded. So, whatever is wise and good, God followed it. Only, the failed candidates criticize the system of examinations.