The kingdom of God.

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Checkpoint
Prodigy

The kingdom of God.

Post #1

Post by Checkpoint »

Some seem to think it is entirely future, while others give the impression they are always thinking of it as present, and to not be looking at the future in kingdom terms at all.

Jesus had much to say about the kingdom, including this:
Luke 16:

6 The Law and the Prophets were until John; since then the good news of the kingdom of God is preached, and everyone is being zealously urged into it.
So, where do you stand as to whether it is present, future, or has both a present and a future aspect?

On what basis?

According to which scriptures?

William
Savant

Re: The kingdom of God.

Post #1381

Post by William »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #1380]
Yes it does.

The devil is the ruler of the earth.

And at some time after being given that authority, he rebelled against God.
Fascinating!

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1382

Post by myth-one.com »

William wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:20 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #1380]
Yes it does.

The devil is the ruler of the earth.

And at some time after being given that authority, he rebelled against God.
Fascinating!
Thanks. You should read the entire book.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #1383

Post by JehovahsWitness »

DOES THE BIBLE INDICATE THAT ANGELS RULED OVER THE EARTH ORIGINALLY?

Absolutely not. There is no scripture that states that the spirits original "estate" was earthly. Jude explains that the rebellious angels left their original (and implied divinely ordained) habitat, he does NOT say that original home pertained to the earth.

PSALMS 115 :16 CSB

The heavens are the LORD’s, but the earth he has given to the human race

Since the bible only ever speaks of guardianship of the planet the earth being given to HUMANS, where is the scripture that explicity states the original purpose of God was for faithful spirits (angels) to care for the earth*?

[ * ]Satan and the demons are only spoken if as having authority over "the world system" as in rulership over ungodly humans , and this only after rebellion.

JW

RELATED POSTS
Does the bible say the earth was ever purposed for spirits?
viewtopic.php?p=992721#p992721

Will it be angels or humans that live forever on earth?
viewtopic.php?p=1075606#p1075606

Does Satan own the earth or run it?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 85#p992285

Does the bible teach that humans transformed into spirits will live forever ON EARTH?
viewtopic.php?p=1075606#p1075606
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

ANGELS , DEMONS and ... THE PLANET EARTH
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1384

Post by myth-one.com »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:28 am There is no scripture that states that the spirits original "estate" was earthly. Jude explains that the rebellious angels left their original (and implied divinely ordained) habitat, he does NOT say that original home pertained to the earth.
After the rebellious angels were defeated in Heaven, they were cast out from heaven to the earth. Why would God send them anywhere other than where they belonged?

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. (Revelation 12:9)

Although mo one knows the exact number under Satan's authority, it was one-third of the total number of angels. Satan and the angels who joined his rebellion against God were exiled from the Kingdom of God and restricted to ruling the earth:

And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth... (Revelation 12:4)
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:28 am Since the bible only ever speaks of guardianship of the planet the earth being given to HUMANS, where is the scripture that explicity states the original purpose of God was for faithful spirits (angels) to care for the earth*?
And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whosoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. (Luke 4:5-7)
JehovahsWitness wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:28 am [ * ]Satan and the demons are only spoken if as having authority over "the world system" as in rulership over ungodly humans , and this only after rebellion.
Mortal man was never designed to care for anything which lasts for ever and ever.

Mortal man is affected by the physical world more that we control it!

Millions of humans will perish this year because of man's inability to control our environment.

Honestly, is man better designed to save the earth or destroy it?

William
Savant

Post #1385

Post by William »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #1384]
And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. (Luke 4:5-7)
Whoever wrote that has a vivid imagination.

Is there any other mention of this story in the other gospels, or anywhere else?

As the story goes - while it explains adequately how a Man can achieve visions - it does not explain how that prior to humans YHVH provided "spiritual bodied beings to fulfill that responsibility -- some of which abandoned their earthly estate."

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1386

Post by myth-one.com »

William wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:10 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #1384]
And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. (Luke 4:5-7)
William wrote:Whoever wrote that has a vivid imagination.
Can you prove it did not occur as written?
William wrote:Is there any other mention of this story in the other gospels, or anywhere else?
The story summary: Prior to creating mankind to rule over the earth, God created angels to rule over the earth.

I have shown that the devil was given power over the earth.

I have shown that the devil, also known as Satan, had other angels under his command.

I have shown that Satan and some of his angels rebelled against God in heaven.

I have shown that they were defeated and cast back to the earth.

Adam and Eve were created about 6,000 years ago. The earth is about 4.54 billion years old.

So prior to giving Adam and Eve dominion over the earth, God had created angels to rule over the earth.

William
Savant

Post #1387

Post by William »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #1386]
No more than you can prove it did occur as written. Why do you ask?

Is there any other mention of this story in the other gospels, or anywhere else?

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1388

Post by myth-one.com »

William wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:11 pm [Replying to myth-one.com in post #1386]
No more than you can prove it did occur as written. Why do you ask?

Why do you ask? Would you believe it, if it was often replicated?

<====================================>

My only claim is that it is supported in the Bible that angels ruled over the earth originally.

That some of them rebelled against God, and warred in Heaven.

That they were subdued and cast back down to the earth. As a result of their neglect, the earth had become empty, void, and dark.

God returned and re-created the decimated earth and gave mortal man dominion over the earth.

Man is in training to replace those rebellious angels.

Those humans chosen to do so will become equal to the angels by gaining immortal spiritual bodies.

They will then rule over the earth forever under leadership of the Word.

William
Savant

Post #1389

Post by William »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #1388]
Why do you ask? Would you believe it, if it was often replicated?
It is understandable enough in terms of how - if humans deny their bodies sustenance, then they will go through extreme mental transformations.
My interest, and why I asked, is that it seems peculiar that Jesus would mention his desert experience to anyone, since no one was there to witness it, and I want to know if any of the other gospels mention it, and if not, how did the story end up being part of the contents of the Bible?
<====================================>

My only claim is that it is supported in the Bible that angels ruled over the earth originally.

That some of them rebelled against God, and warred in Heaven.

That they were subdued and cast back down to the earth. As a result of their neglect, the earth had become empty, void, and dark.

God returned and re-created the decimated earth and gave mortal man dominion over the earth.

Man is in training to replace those rebellious angels.

Those humans chosen to do so will become equal to the angels by gaining immortal spiritual bodies.

They will then rule over the earth forever under leadership of the Word.
My response is that your interpretation of bits of Biblical writ into an elaborate storyline is perhaps incorrect.

It appears to me to be something which should have been dedicated a whole book to itself that we humans are more fully informed rather than having to reply upon snippets of information built upon snippets of information.

If the story is true the way you tell it, then there would be more information available in the Bible, than what there actually is, since such Angelic Beings are so influential and involved with Earth as you claim.

As it is, the snippets are more likely as not, to being cast from the minds of imaginative humans trying to work out how come bad things happen within something which was supposed to be deemed "Good" by The Creator of said thing, and thus - "some kind of antagonist" must be involved.

I don't think it is necessary to go that far, and religion having done so with their snippets - haven't served the world in any great way, going down that particular rabbit hole.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #1390

Post by myth-one.com »

William wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:27 pm My response is that your interpretation of bits of Biblical writ into an elaborate storyline is perhaps incorrect.
Perhaps.
William wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:27 pm It appears to me to be something which should have been dedicated a whole book to itself that we humans are more fully informed rather than having to reply upon snippets of information built upon snippets of information.
The scriptures are sealed from mankind's understanding, snippets or not.
William wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:27 pmIf the story is true the way you tell it, then there would be more information available in the Bible, than what there actually is, since such Angelic Beings are so influential and involved with Earth as you claim.
Why would you think that -- even if we could understand the scriptures? Man doesn't even understand his own existence very well. Very little information is given in the scriptures regarding the spiritual bodied world -- as man is not directly involved with that world.

Here is a rare example:

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. (John 3:8)

Most Christians believe they have already been born again of the Spirit. Can any of them move as the wind whenever they so desire?
William wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:27 pmAs it is, the snippets are more likely as not, to being cast from the minds of imaginative humans trying to work out how come bad things happen within something which was supposed to be deemed "Good" by The Creator of said thing, and thus - "some kind of antagonist" must be involved.
I quote snippets to support my claims. To counter my claims you need to quote snippets from the Bible which contradict my claims.

Your claims generally just contain what you personally "think". Ooh, ah! Woopty-do!
William wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:27 pmI don't think it is necessary to go that far, and religion having done so with their snippets - haven't served the world in any great way, going down that particular rabbit hole.
Of course, they have -- they help seal the scriptures from man's understanding until the time of the end.

And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. (Isaiah 29:11-12)

Do you need more snippets proving that the scriptures are sealed until the end of time?