Should misinformation be banned from the major platforms?

Two hot topics for the price of one

Moderator: Moderators

Daedalus X
Apprentice

Should misinformation be banned from the major platforms?

Post #1

Post by Daedalus X »

For this topic misinformation is any information that promotes needle hesitancy or anti authoritarian approved information.

Here is an example of misinformation that can't be posted to YouTube, twitter, Facebook or any mainline medium. Is this good public policy?

This is a MUST WATCH.

https://www.therealanthonyfaucimovie.com/viewing/
Last edited by Daedalus X on Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

oldbadger
Guru

Re: Should misinformation be banned from the major platforms?

Post #271

Post by oldbadger »

brunumb wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:57 am Of course, that's is what most people actually want. The problem is that the trans activists aren't satisfied with that and have gone too far. Even the LGB have recognised that and are starting to distance themselves from the rest of the alphabet. Actual trans people are expressing their dismay at what is happening. All they have to do is leave the kids alone and stop trying to rewrite established science to fit their false reality.
So you DO accept that all lgbt folks should be free to live their lives without interference........ well that's good.

Your argument is with the 'trans-activists', I can see that. The thing is, when your country is being sent from progression in to regression by different States and it looks as if your freedom might be in the balance, then the activists and extremists are obviously going to be pushing back as hard as they can.

Now in the Netherlands, for example, transexuality is taking great leaps forward. A transexual has won the Miss Netherlands competition. Here is report about that for your interest:-

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/tr ... f33c&ei=10

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/tr ... 10#image=1

Model Rikkie Valerie Kolle clinched the title of the 94-year-old contest on Sunday after impressing the jury with her "iron strong story" and "clear mission".

The 22-year-old, from Breda in the south of the Netherlands, is the first transgender winner in the competition's 94-year history.

She will now go on to compete in the Miss Universe competition in El Salvador in December.

Jose Fly
Guru

Post #272

Post by Jose Fly »

brunumb wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:24 pm Typical response from someone who has swallowed the ideology and is incapable of refuting anything with a rational argument.
That's hilarious coming from someone who has literally posted nothing but empty assertions and youtube vids.
I have no problem with trans people.
Your posts strongly indicate otherwise, as I pointed out earlier. If you really aren't bigoted against trans folks, I suggest you take a long hard look at your own rhetoric.
They were right off my horizon before these militant trans activists starting shoving their ideology down the throats of everyone and started on indoctrinating children. Could the real agenda be to white-ant society so that we end up with weak minded individuals who are easily controlled and manipulated?
Exhibit A.
Welcome to New North Korea.
Right now, Republicans are using the force of government to make physicians and medical facilities give them private patient records. Yep, sounds pretty North Korea-ish to me.
brunumb wrote:
Jose Fly wrote:You couldn't behave more like a creationist if you tried.
That is precisely the accusation I was going to aim at you.
Well let's see....I've cited actual science sources (SA, Yale School of Medicine) while you've relied exclusively on your empty say-so and youtube vids.

Years ago I wrote up "Jose Fly's Creationist Primer" that listed some of the more common tactics creationists employ, and the very first thing on it was "argue via bald assertion". Guess which one of us has been doing that in spades? (spoiler: it's you).
The most significant is the denial of science or the misrepresentation of science so that it bears some sort of semblance to the truth in the minds of less critical thinkers. The animal and plant world evolved with a binary principle of sexual reproduction.
LOL, that wins the prize as one of the dumbest and most ignorant things I've seen recently. You truly think all sexual reproduction in the plant and animal world is via "a binary principle of sexual reproduction"? Wow.

Do you really need me to show you some of the variability in sexual reproduction in the natural world?
Being apathetic is great....or not. I don't really care.

brunumb
Savant

Post #273

Post by brunumb »

boatsnguitars wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:53 pm
brunumb wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:16 pm
boatsnguitars wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:57 am As for "errors", perhaps your brain is the error in that you can't fathom why some organisms are born the way they are? See how offended you are at this idea - yet, you appear to joyfully decide that others are the ones that are biological errors.
You seem incapable of distinguishing the scientific argument from the emotional one. A fertilised egg should contain 23 chromosome pairs, one of which is either XX or XY. Any other outcome is an error in the process that led to it. I can fathom why some humans are born with those errors. The process is not infallible. To say that I appear to "joyfully decide that others are the ones that are biological errors" demonstrates that you have little understanding of me or what I am saying.
I covered this. You are wrong. You seem incapable of understanding the science because of your bigotry and fear of some ideology. I have no dog in this fight, I simply recognize the science that you ignore because it doesn't confirm to your ideology.
NO, it is you who is ignoring the science because you have been captured by this absurd ideology. Bigotry is a two way street and it may just as readily apply to your position. I will not, however, dismiss an argument simply by applying such an ad hominem in the place of a reasonable argument. I understand the science and have been immersed in it my entire life. The nonsense that is being presented as a scientific argument for sex being non-binary will destroy itself eventually.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Gender ideology is anti-science, anti truth.

brunumb
Savant

Post #274

Post by brunumb »

oldbadger wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:33 am
brunumb wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:30 am Your ad hominem is noted. As is the absence of any scientific refutation of the contents of that video. He was right in at least one thing. Transgender advocates have no answer.
Discovering that the star, producer and director of your 'film to prove your point' is a Catholic Apologist and not a genetics scientist and making mention of this to you is hardly an ad-hominem argument. It could not have been funnier if he had been a postman or a pilot! :D
You are dismissing what he says simply because of his religion. That is a classic ad hominem. You have been unable to refute anything he said regarding sex and chromosome variations. The presence of X and Y essentially determine your phenotypic sex.
George Orwell:: “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
Voltaire: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

brunumb
Savant

Post #275

Post by brunumb »

oldbadger wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:46 am
brunumb wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:57 am Of course, that's is what most people actually want. The problem is that the trans activists aren't satisfied with that and have gone too far. Even the LGB have recognised that and are starting to distance themselves from the rest of the alphabet. Actual trans people are expressing their dismay at what is happening. All they have to do is leave the kids alone and stop trying to rewrite established science to fit their false reality.
So you DO accept that all lgbt folks should be free to live their lives without interference........ well that's good.

Your argument is with the 'trans-activists', I can see that. The thing is, when your country is being sent from progression in to regression by different States and it looks as if your freedom might be in the balance, then the activists and extremists are obviously going to be pushing back as hard as they can.
This gender ideology is what is actually regressive. It is based on a lie. When people are willing to sacrifice the truth in order to appease any group, society is the loser. Freedoms are being attacked. Imagine a society where your speech is governed by the sensitivities of a few individuals. Legislation has been formulated to make mis-gendering or mis-pronouning someone a punishable offense with penalties of fines and or prison. Mind boggling. Lives utterly destroyed because a they/them had their feelings hurt. And the fear of that is what is propping up the silent 'support' for this ideological nonsense.
oldbadger wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:46 am Now in the Netherlands, for example, transexuality is taking great leaps forward. A transexual has won the Miss Netherlands competition. Here is report about that for your interest:-

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/tr ... f33c&ei=10

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/tr ... 10#image=1
I have seen the news. Oh, well, as they say, no one does womanhood better than a man. If you think it progressive that men in frocks should supersede women, that's your prerogative. I prefer to think that natural women deserve better than that.

brunumb
Savant

Post #276

Post by brunumb »

Jose Fly wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:32 pm Well let's see....I've cited actual science sources (SA, Yale School of Medicine) while you've relied exclusively on your empty say-so and youtube vids.
What happens in hospitals where they have been captured by gender ideology does not refute the science that sex is binary. No one is denying that gender dysphoria exists or that some people do not recover from it with time and require medical intervention. That does not mean that anyone is actually changing their sex. They are merely modifying their body in such a way as to alleviate some of their distress. It should be a last resort. If this is all just part of what has been going on for ages, what accounts for the 5000% increase in the incidence of so-called gender dysphoria? How many of the people claiming to be trans genuinely have gender dysphoria and how many are just caught up in the hysteria and have been swept along with the wave?

You may wish to dismiss me as whatever-phobic, but that does not reflect who I am or what I believe. It is just a convenient means of fobbing off any arguments contrary to your position.

You have not refuted my arguments regarding the binary nature of sex. The clips I provided here support my case. Instead of lazily providing links to send readers off to do your work, make your case here.

brunumb
Savant

Post #277

Post by brunumb »

Jose Fly wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:32 pm LOL, that wins the prize as one of the dumbest and most ignorant things I've seen recently. You truly think all sexual reproduction in the plant and animal world is via "a binary principle of sexual reproduction"? Wow.

Do you really need me to show you some of the variability in sexual reproduction in the natural world?
Go ahead. If you are going to rely on outliers then don't waste your time.
To help you get started:
With a few exceptions, all sexually reproducing organisms generate exactly two types of gametes that are distinguished by their difference in size: females, by definition, produce large gametes (eggs) and males, by definition, produce small and usually motile gametes (sperm).21 Dec 2022
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/ful ... .202200173

oldbadger
Guru

Post #278

Post by oldbadger »

brunumb wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:10 pm You are dismissing what he says simply because of his religion. That is a classic ad hominem. You have been unable to refute anything he said regarding sex and chromosome variations. The presence of X and Y essentially determine your phenotypic sex.
No.... I am dismissing what he says because he is an unqualified and very prejudiced person in connection with this conversation. You can't possibly expect that he offered a balanced and unbiased film, surely?

LGBT people and their supporters are slowly pushing back the bigotry and hatred for more safe and secure lives, being who they are and loving whom they wish.

boatsnguitars
Banned
Banned

Post #279

Post by boatsnguitars »

brunumb wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:19 pm
With a few exceptions, all sexually reproducing organisms generate exactly two types of gametes that are distinguished by their difference in size: females, by definition, produce large gametes (eggs) and males, by definition, produce small and usually motile gametes (sperm).21 Dec 2022
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/ful ... .202200173
Yes, those exception exist and they are human beings, no?

With few exceptions, people are right handed, should we force left-handed people to be right-handed?

The exceptions are meaningful, and you are trying to erase their existence by saying "oh, they're just exceptions". Rarity doesn't strip something of it's reality.
“And do you think that unto such as you
A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew
God gave a secret, and denied it me?
Well, well—what matters it? Believe that, too!”
― Omar Khayyâm

brunumb
Savant

Post #280

Post by brunumb »

oldbadger wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:41 am
brunumb wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:10 pm You are dismissing what he says simply because of his religion. That is a classic ad hominem. You have been unable to refute anything he said regarding sex and chromosome variations. The presence of X and Y essentially determine your phenotypic sex.
No.... I am dismissing what he says because he is an unqualified and very prejudiced person in connection with this conversation. You can't possibly expect that he offered a balanced and unbiased film, surely?
Did you even watch it? How can you refute what he says without knowing what he says? If he is using verified science then his qualifications are irrelevant.
oldbadger wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:41 am LGBT people and their supporters are slowly pushing back the bigotry and hatred for more safe and secure lives, being who they are and loving whom they wish.
Are you for real? You seem to be living in the distant past. Those goals were achieved years ago. You have been captured by the trans ideology movement.

Take a look at its origin, straight from the horse's mouth: