Armageddon is over and Satan has won ! What happens now ?

Argue for and against Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Regens Küchl
Scholar

Armageddon is over and Satan has won ! What happens now ?

Post #1

Post by Regens Küchl »

Imagine this: Satan and the Antichrist, against all expectations, have triumphed over the Abrahamitic god, Jesus and the Holy Spirit in the last Battle of Armageddon :)
Our Trinity is not neccessarily dead, but ruined and toppled from its place of Power.
:shock:
How do the Abrahamitic god, Jesus and the Holy Spirit feel now, that the unthinkable happened?
:?
What will Satan and the Antichrist do now that their greatest triumph is accomplished?

What will their minions do and what will the other humans still on earth do?

What will the surviving angels and demons do?

And what happens to the "true christians" that descended to heaven on the first day of tribulation? Will they be kicked out now that evil has won?

AquinasForGod
Sage

Re: Re:

Post #51

Post by AquinasForGod »

JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:15 pm
AquinasForGod wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:50 pm
JoeyKnothead wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:34 am
AquinasForGod wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:43 pm In Catholicism, there is not fight between God and Satan. That would be silly. In fact, I cannot think of any Christian I have ever personally known that thinks this.

Satan is a freewill tool that God uses to accomplish his will for men.
I'd like to see you put you some truth to that.
I can only imagine by put some truth to that you mean show it is the Catholic position. If you mean to show God and Satan exist, well that is beyond the scope of my reply and to what I replied to.

But as far as Catholicism goes.

Revelation 12:3-4 figuratively expresses that one-third of the angels joined in Satan’s rebellion against God. - https://www.catholic.com/qa/how-much-do ... -in-heaven
So it's a sermon then, okay.
Well no. The person that started this thread did not ask for evidence that God or Satan exists. The question he asked assumes their existence, like a what if Black Adam faught Superman.

The Nice Centurion
Sage

Re:

Post #52

Post by The Nice Centurion »

Goat wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:12 pm
Wootah wrote:
TheParticlePerson wrote:
btj92 wrote:If we say that no one is greater than God, and he is viewed as the greatest conceivable being, then is it really possible for Satan to defeat Him?
Good question. If it isn't, what's all this fuss about the "fight between good and evil" about?
McCulloch wrote:
btj92 wrote: If we say that no one is greater than God, and he is viewed as the greatest conceivable being, then is it really possible for Satan to defeat Him?
The greatest conceivable being can have no enemies. Take, for example, two beings, one with an enemy that takes 50 years to vanquish and another with an enemy who is vanquished in a nanosecond. Which is the greater being, if that was the only difference between them?
Both great posts that touch on mercy perfectly. You can recognise that God should defeat his enemies but doesn't.
And in doing so, causes so much more misery for everyone else. So much for mercy
Possibilitys enough for God to be defeated!

Perhaps the greatest conceivable being out of arrogance wills himself defeatable for a few moments. Satan seizes his chance and wins.

Or perhaps the trinity begins to quarrel internally about the question who is boss or something.
Satan attacks instantly when he sees this weakness and wins.

Or . . .
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But if you drown a man in a fish pond, he will never have to go hungry again🐟

"Only Experts in Reformed Egyptian should be allowed to critique the Book of Mormon❗"

"Joseph Smith can't possibly have been a deceiver.
For if he had been, the Angel Moroni never would have taken the risk of enthrusting him with the Golden Plates❗"